The Education Forum

William King Harvey Video

In additional, The DVD itself, the murder of JFK: A Revisionist History, is great documentary for those who have just started to investigate the assassination, and want to learn how it all started.

I strongly recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/Murder-JFK-Revisioni...5075&sr=8-2

Johansson

Thank you for that. I have added it to my page on Harvey:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKharvey.htm

Hey John, the pleasure is all mine.

In additional, The DVD itself, the murder of JFK: A Revisionist History, is great documentary for those who have just started to investigate the assassination, and want to learn how it all started.

I strongly recommend it.

http://www.amazon.com/Murder-JFK-Revisioni...5075&sr=8-2

Johansson

Yes, watching the DVD you referenced makes me think of what is accomplished in controlling the flow of information for at least a couple of decades,

Robert/John:

While not in the league of the true researchers who participate in this forum, I have studied this topic for a long time and read everyting I could get my hands upon. I strongly believe that Harvey is the centerpiece for the plot and murder. I say this inductively, since there's precious little fact available that can directly tie Harvey to the murder. But its precisely that observation - no pictures, no facts, no anecdotes - that draw me back to Harvey. Using that old investigator's sawhorse (of means, motive, opportunity), I can think of no one who had a stronger impetus to kill JFK. While I've read some accounts (e.g. The Company) that paint him patriotically and devoted to the clandestine cause, he's at the center of everything/everyone linked to the murder. He lost his career to the Kennedy's...and I think he not only got mad, but he got even....as simple as that. And his immediate colleagues (Roselli, Morales, Robertson et al) helped make that vendetta a reality.

So, I think more reaseach, fact, and digging into Mr. Harvey will really shine a bright light on this fascinating and important historical topic that we all are committed to understand and resolve. As a person who's made a career of investigating all sorts of events within my profession (albeit not criminal cases), Harvey has become a really strong gut instinct that won't go away. I think his story is very important to flush out. -- gene kelly

Robert/John:

While not in the league of the true researchers who participate in this forum, I have studied this topic for a long time and read everyting I could get my hands upon. I strongly believe that Harvey is the centerpiece for the plot and murder. I say this inductively, since there's precious little fact available that can directly tie Harvey to the murder. But its precisely that observation - no pictures, no facts, no anecdotes - that draw me back to Harvey. Using that old investigator's sawhorse (of means, motive, opportunity), I can think of no one who had a stronger impetus to kill JFK. While I've read some accounts (e.g. The Company) that paint him patriotically and devoted to the clandestine cause, he's at the center of everything/everyone linked to the murder. He lost his career to the Kennedy's...and I think he not only got mad, but he got even....as simple as that. And his immediate colleagues (Roselli, Morales, Robertson et al) helped make that vendetta a reality.

So, I think more reaseach, fact, and digging into Mr. Harvey will really shine a bright light on this fascinating and important historical topic that we all are committed to understand and resolve. As a person who's made a career of investigating all sorts of events within my profession (albeit not criminal cases), Harvey has become a really strong gut instinct that won't go away. I think his story is very important to flush out. -- gene kelly

I agree that William Harvey hated JFK enough to want him assassinated. However, I suspect that Harvey was someone the CIA has been willing to "give-up". For example, the leaked CIA documents that linked Harvey with Roselli and the assassination plots against Castro. I have always believed the Roselli story is a "Red Herring". However, the CIA have always protected the two men that I think organized the assassination: David Morales and Carl E. Jenkins.

Robert/John:

I agree that William Harvey hated JFK enough to want him assassinated. However, I suspect that Harvey was someone the CIA has been willing to "give-up". For example, the leaked CIA documents that linked Harvey with Roselli and the assassination plots against Castro. I have always believed the Roselli story is a "Red Herring". However, the CIA have always protected the two men that I think organized the assassination: David Morales and Carl E. Jenkins.

John:

I speculate that Harvey hated Bobby more (not necessarily John) for having cost him the JM/WAVE lead... and he was subsequently retired in-place in Rome, which must have been an extreme embarrassment to a primetime player like Harvey. The demotion (and essentially end of his career advancement) sure appears to be the heavy-handed influence of either the President or his AG... who else could've caused banishment (far away) of such an operator? I sure wish I had complete knowledge of everything Harvey did, and everywhere he went, in the ensuing year leading up to Dealey Plaza. Rumor had it that he travelled domestically, and continued to meet with Roselli, even though he no longer had Mongoose, Executive Action, ZR/Rifle, and was then supposedly Chief of Station in Rome (i.e. a ceremonial demotion). And, how do we explain the untimely murder of Roselli and the death of Harvey, so tantalizingly close to the HSCA hearings. -- gene

John:

I speculate that Harvey hated Bobby more (not necessarily John) for having cost him the JM/WAVE lead... and he was subsequently retired in-place in Rome, which must have been an extreme embarrassment to a primetime player like Harvey. The demotion (and essentially end of his career advancement) sure appears to be the heavy-handed influence of either the President or his AG... who else could've caused banishment (far away) of such an operator? I sure wish I had complete knowledge of everything Harvey did, and everywhere he went, in the ensuing year leading up to Dealey Plaza. Rumor had it that he travelled domestically, and continued to meet with Roselli, even though he no longer had Mongoose, Executive Action, ZR/Rifle, and was then supposedly Chief of Station in Rome (i.e. a ceremonial demotion). And, how do we explain the untimely murder of Roselli and the death of Harvey, so tantalizingly close to the HSCA hearings. -- gene

Was Harvey supposed to testify to the HSCA?

John:

Gaeton Fonzi does not mention this in his book “The Last Investigation”. In fact, Fonzi does not appear to be very interested in Harvey (only mentioned three times in the text of the book). William Harvey was interviewed by the Church Committee (Select Committee to Study Governmental Operations with Respect to Intelligence Activities). It was partly because of Harvey’s testimony that Church established a subcommittee under Richard Schweiker in September, 1975, to investigate the performance of the intelligence agencies concerning the assassination of JFK. However, the investigation did not get its budget until the following year and by that time Harvey was dead (June, 1976). Harvey clearly knew things about the assassination and it was almost certain that he would have been interviewed by the HSCA if he had lived. It is indeed possible that Harvey would have given vital information to the HSCA and might have had an assisted heart-attack.

Some witnesses who did die before they could testify include William Pawley (January, 1977), George De Mohrenschildt (March, 1977), William Sullivan (November, 1977) and David Sanchez Morales (May 1978). Sullivan, who carried out the original FBI investigation into the assassination, was one of six top FBI officials who died in a six month period in 1977. Others who were due to appear before the committee who died included Louis Nicholas, special assistant to J. Edgar Hoover and Hoover's liaison with the Warren Commission; Alan H. Belmont, special assistant to Hoover; James Cadigan, document expert with access to documents that related to death of JFK; J. M. English, former head of FBI Forensic Sciences Laboratory where Oswald's rifle and pistol were tested; Donald Kaylor, FBI fingerprint chemist who examined prints found at the assassination scene.

Fonzi and his fellow investigators never discovered Carl E. Jenkins’ role in the plots against Castro and was never a candidate for being interviewed. The same goes for George Joannides. As a result, he was allowed to die of natural causes in 1990. As long as Jenkins is left alone he will also die of natural causes like his friend and fellow conspirator, Chi Chi Quintero.

John:

Gaeton Fonzi does not mention this in his book “The Last Investigation”. In fact, Fonzi does not appear to be very interested in Harvey (only mentioned three times in the text of the book). William Harvey was interviewed by the Church Committee (Select Committee to Study Governmental Operations with Respect to Intelligence Activities). It was partly because of Harvey’s testimony that Church established a subcommittee under Richard Schweiker in September, 1975, to investigate the performance of the intelligence agencies concerning the assassination of JFK. However, the investigation did not get its budget until the following year and by that time Harvey was dead (June, 1976). Harvey clearly knew things about the assassination and it was almost certain that he would have been interviewed by the HSCA if he had lived. It is indeed possible that Harvey would have given vital information to the HSCA and might have had an assisted heart-attack.

Some witnesses who did die before they could testify include William Pawley (January, 1977), George De Mohrenschildt (March, 1977), William Sullivan (November, 1977) and David Sanchez Morales (May 1978). Sullivan, who carried out the original FBI investigation into the assassination, was one of six top FBI officials who died in a six month period in 1977. Others who were due to appear before the committee who died included Louis Nicholas, special assistant to J. Edgar Hoover and Hoover's liaison with the Warren Commission; Alan H. Belmont, special assistant to Hoover; James Cadigan, document expert with access to documents that related to death of JFK; J. M. English, former head of FBI Forensic Sciences Laboratory where Oswald's rifle and pistol were tested; Donald Kaylor, FBI fingerprint chemist who examined prints found at the assassination scene.

Fonzi and his fellow investigators never discovered Carl E. Jenkins’ role in the plots against Castro and was never a candidate for being interviewed. The same goes for George Joannides. As a result, he was allowed to die of natural causes in 1990. As long as Jenkins is left alone he will also die of natural causes like his friend and fellow conspirator, Chi Chi Quintero.

Ah, thank you John.

I didn't realize there was a prolonged period between naming of the commission and securing a budget.

• 2 weeks later...

Peter:

You sound like you know well of what you speak. At the risk of asking, what are the roles of cleaners and how where they used in this operation? Are they still utilized (and active) today?

--gene

Peter:

You sound like you know well of what you speak. At the risk of asking, what are the roles of cleaners and how where they used in this operation? Are they still utilized (and active) today?

--gene

Please, for the record, second-hand knowledge only. From what I've gleaned over the years from reading about and personal conversations / dealings with black operatives. As far as I know, there are clean-up people sometimes referred to by other 'in-house' shop names. Even Prouty talked about them. They often have other jobs...some very mundane...some not...as [thank goodness] they aren't killing all the time....but when they get the 'word' they get a target and what is needed to get it done secretly, silently and without exposing the real sponsors [maybe not knowing exactly who they are!]. Still active...you better believe your bulletproof vest they are! In 'that' operation.....oh, my.....long list of people sure of or suspect of having been dealt with in this way. See lists of suspicious deaths and double that. Have I heard the name of some cleaner-uppers, yeah, but as I can't at this time confirm them [though they seem to fit] I'll pass on names as I don't have any kevlar about. I'd just add, in a large operation a few might have been penciled in as to be

killed upon the end of the

'job' by others....[likely Oswald even in plan A, as he was in plan B] with others taken care of when they present or are thought to be about to present a risk to the operation, secrecy of it - or the more important participants and sponsors.

Some Covert Crime Clean Up ops are imortalized in fiction and Hollywood - the clean up crew at the NYC CIA shop in Three Days of the Condor (the book Seven Days of the Condor) and Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction.

The Dealey Plaza Clean Up Crew had to be very close to the DPD and the evidence.

The success of the assassination was based on its plan and execution, of which the patsy, evidence and clean up were just parts of the plan that succeded, though not everything went according to plan A.

Getting back to Harvey, he signed off on participation in Castro assassination plots in April of 1963, when a lot of other things started to shift from Castro to JFK.

BK

• 2 weeks later...

Harvey was senior (and superior) to all of the prominent suspects. He was displaced by Spring 1963, but still very much engaged with Roselli and Exec Action. I think he had the ideal means, strongest motive and an excellent opportunity at that time. There's lots of legend about him, but verry little in the way of facts and pictures available. He certainly became invisible afterwards... and had the perfect 'cover' far away in Rome. All my instincts scream at me that he's the lynchpin (if that's the right term). I wish we could get more factual information and meaningful investigation centered upon him; but I'll bet those facts are very well protected.