The Education Forum

Vincent Bugliosi and Lamar Waldron

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111796797...d=2062&cs=1

"WHILE WE are thinking about history and presidents, you might be interested in catching an interview between the ultimate John F. Kennedy historian and examiner, Lamar Waldron (He has written about the FBI, the CIA and the Cuban connection to JFK in his book "Ultimate Sacrifice") and the noted attorney Vincent Bugliosi, whose newest work -- his 7th non-fiction -- is "Reclaiming History." Bugliosi insists there was no conspiracy in the president's assassination by Lee Harvey Oswald. This meeting of the minds takes place on the Thom Hartmann Show, Air America, Monday at 2 p.m. Make a note. This could be a struggle among the titans."

"WHILE WE are thinking about history and presidents, you might be interested in catching an interview between the ultimate John F. Kennedy historian and examiner, Lamar Waldron (He has written about the FBI, the CIA and the Cuban connection to JFK in his book "Ultimate Sacrifice") and the noted attorney Vincent Bugliosi, whose newest work -- his 7th non-fiction -- is "Reclaiming History." Bugliosi insists there was no conspiracy in the president's assassination by Lee Harvey Oswald. This meeting of the minds takes place on the Thom Hartmann Show, Air America, Monday at 2 p.m. Make a note. This could be a struggle among the titans."

Give me a freakin' break. "FBI, CIA ad Cuban connection to JFK"?

What happened to the Mafia? Didn't she read the book that she's been hawking the past two years?

Isn't Hartmann co-author with Waldron in writing "Ultimate Sac"?

Titans? Whose the Titan again?

These two guys - Bugliosi and Waldron are fine examples of why the assassination of President Kennedy cannot be so easily broken down into traditional black and white camps - liberal and conservative, Democratic and Republican, right wing or left wing.

Just as Bugliosi puts Posner into the same category as some conspiracy theorists, it appears more and more clear that the real dividing line is between those with an agenda and those who keep an open mind and search for the truth.

Those who claim JFK was killed by one lone psycho gunman and those who try to pin the blame on the Mafia, CIA or any other group, without regard to all the evidence, are both (in Eric Hoffer's term) "True Belivers" with their own agendas, of which the truth is not a by product.

Thankfully we don't have to depend on Hartman or Waldron to make the case for the truth, and while they outnumber Bugliosi 2-1 on the program, I will put my money on the Bug to come out on top on this one. It's a set up.

I'm kind of glad Bugliosi is staying in the game, as I thought he would chalk it up and move on to his next true-crime story. Whatever he says, he's helping to keep the flame hot.

Bugliosi will blame Oswald and the Ultimate Sackers will blame the Mafia and Bobby and being just radio, the Bug will come across much better than he did with Talbot on Hardball. Now that's a rematch I would pay TV to see.

This will be vollyball and make everyone dizzy.

BK

Give me a freakin' break. "FBI, CIA ad Cuban connection to JFK"?

What happened to the Mafia? Didn't she read the book that she's been hawking the past two years?

Isn't Hartmann co-author with Waldron in writing "Ultimate Sac"?

Titans? Whose the Titan again?

These two guys - Bugliosi and Waldron are fine examples of why the assassination of President Kennedy cannot be so easily broken down into traditional black and white camps - liberal and conservative, Democratic and Republican, right wing or left wing.

Just as Bugliosi puts Posner into the same category as some conspiracy theorists, it appears more and more clear that the real dividing line is between those with an agenda and those who keep an open mind and search for the truth.

Those who claim JFK was killed by one lone psycho gunman and those who try to pin the blame on the Mafia, CIA or any other group, without regard to all the evidence, are both (in Eric Hoffer's term) "True Belivers" with their own agendas, of which the truth is not a by product.

Thankfully we don't have to depend on Hartman or Waldron to make the case for the truth, and while they outnumber Bugliosi 2-1 on the program, I will put my money on the Bug to come out on top on this one. It's a set up.

I'm kind of glad Bugliosi is staying in the game, as I thought he would chalk it up and move on to his next true-crime story. Whatever he says, he's helping to keep the flame hot.

Bugliosi will blame Oswald and the Ultimate Sackers will blame the Mafia and Bobby and being just radio, the Bug will come across much better than he did with Talbot on Hardball. Now that's a rematch I would pay TV to see.

This will be vollyball and make everyone dizzy.

BK

I'm not so sure, Bill. One of Bugliosi's main arguments is "someone would have talked." Lamar is well-familiar with Larry Hancock's research and knows that there is indeed substantial evidence that many talked. After pointing this out to Bugliosi, I suspect Bugliosi will retrench and go into his "all the evidence points towards Oswald" argument. At that point I wish I was part of the tag team, as I'm pretty sure I could pin Bugliosi in a round or two.

Bugliosi backed out of this show.

It never happened.

Thanks to Debra Conway for brining this to our attention.

BK

I just got the same message from Debra.

Trust me...Bugliosi will NEVER have a public debate

with ANY COMPETENT RESEARCHER who is not

intimidated by the Bug.

Dr. Fetzer, for instance, would make mincemeat of

him and bake him into a cake. Jim has a mastery

of the key facts, thinks quickly on his feet, and is

fearless about taking on pompous asses like the Bug.

Jack