The Education Forum

Who Filmed This

I was doing some time syncing and I put this together.

The motorcade stopped for a brief time after the assassination.

When it started moving again, Malcolm Couch shot some video from his convertible as they are driving down Elm.

The top two pictures (left to right) show part of his film.

I have pointed out Mrs Chism's shadow and Altgen's in the left top photo, then Mrs.Chism in the right top photo and Altgens who would be viewable, but Bob Jackson's profile now shields Altgens.

The lower left photo shows Mrs.Chism and Altgen's again,close to the same position's as they are in the Couch film.

The only other film I know of, taken anywhere near Couch's position at this time was by Jimmy Darnell, who was on the south side of Elm at the curb. (Lower right frame from his film). Different camera position.

The animation is 1 frame of Couch and 1 from the ? film.

From what I can see, the camera position's appear to be the same.

How is this posible at or near the same point in time?

Who's film is this?

thanks

chris

Edited by Chris Davidson

Remarkable, Chris! A seeming impossibility, if the photographer is truly not known.

I am interested in the head of a person crouching behind the pedestal. Who is it?

Jack

What does anyone wish to bet that any film seen on the Discovery Channel will have a known source for its author. That the information one seeks will be known by Gary Mack who usually is the one these documentaries go to for information, if not the films themselves.

The head seen over the pedestal IS NOT someone crouching, but rather one of the Hester's entering the shelter where both Hester's, Zapruder, and Sitzman all met following the shooting. See "Pictures of the Pain" for more details.

Bill

Edited by Bill Miller

Remarkable, Chris! A seeming impossibility, if the photographer is truly not known.

I am interested in the head of a person crouching behind the pedestal. Who is it?

Jack

What does anyone wish to bet that any film seen on the Discovery Channel will have a known source for its author. That the information one seeks will be known by Gary Mack who usually is the one these documentaries go to for information, if not the films themselves.

The head seen over the pedestal IS NOT someone crouching, but rather one of the Hester's entering the shelter where both Hester's, Zapruder, and Sitzman all met following the shooting. See "Pictures of the Pain" for more details.

Bill

Bill,

If Gary knows the source, I'm sure he'll chime in.

Hopefully, a reasonable explanation will show how the background of the two photos align, that appear to be from different films near the same point in time.

chris

Bill,

Hopefully, a reasonable explanation will show how the background of the two photos align, that appear to be from different films near the same point in time.

chris

Maybe one may be found to be a zoomed version of the other.

Bill

Bill,

chris

Bill

Thanks Bill,

You are correct.

Here's what the zoomed version looks like, from that segment.

And, matching background frames.

Zoom threw me off as it appears to be from a different angle.

chris

Bill,

chris

Bill

Thanks Bill,

You are correct.

chris

It is impossible for this to be a CAMERA ZOOM, so it must be a STUDIO ZOOM

or cropping from a small segment of film. A camera zoom would show lapsed

time and movement, and the pergola would not match up, in my opinion.

Jack

Bill,

chris

Bill

Thanks Bill,

You are correct.

chris

A few questions. 1. Why is the film in B&W and in color also? You see the family lying on the ground, which is in color.

2. If the Hesters, Zapruder and Sitzman crowded into the pergola right after the assassination, that says that there was no tripod in there, as some believe, nor a cameraman.

Kathy Collins

Bill,

chris

Bill

Thanks Bill,

You are correct.

chris

A few questions. 1. Why is the film in B&W and in color also? You see the family lying on the ground, which is in color.

2. If the Hesters, Zapruder and Sitzman crowded into the pergola right after the assassination, that says that there was no tripod in there, as some believe, nor a cameraman.

Kathy Collins

Kathy,

That first color frame is from another film.

Sorry about that. Sometimes when I'm extracting movie segments, I include a few unwanted frames.

I'll try to clean it up in the future.

As for who's in the pergola, let me say I'm trying to enhance what's in the shadow of the pergola, in the Bell film.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=110085

I was able to bring out Mr.Hester from the shadows of the Bell movie showing his movement back to the colonnade.

If it's Zapruder fine, my guess from preliminary viewing is it's not.

I'm sure if I had a better copy of that frame, we would probably know conclusively who that is or isn't.

But I work with what I have.

chris

Edited by Chris Davidson