The Education Forum

What Do You Think?

Obviously even if the single bullet theory was true, as implausible as it seems, and even if there were but one shooter, that fact does not prove that Oswald was the shooter, nor does it preclude the possibility that there was a conspiracy behind the assassination. (I believe there are sound reasons to believe a conspiracy existed regardless of the ballistic evidence).

I would welcome your opinions (and reasoning) regarding the following issues:

(1) Is there any possibility that the single bullet theory is correct? If not, what evidence excludes it to a certainty?

(2) Despite possible evidence of a shooter from the front, is it possible that all of the bullets that struck JFK and Connally came from the rear (but not necessarily from the TSBD)? As you know, the HSCA concluded that all shots that hit JFK and JC came from the rear, but that there was a shooter from the front who shot and missed (the later conclusion based solely on the acoustic evidence if I recall correctly).

For what it is worth, I believe there is almost no possibility that a single bullet struck both JFK and JC. On the other hand, for several reasons, I think that all of the bullets came from the rear. Thus I think there were at least two shooters from the rear. I am less certain that there was a frontal shooter.

If the acoustic evidence accepted by the HSCA is correct, there were four shots, with the final shot (which the HSCA believed "missed") from the front. I do not believe the acoustic evidence could prove that the shots from the rear came from the same rifle. I could accept three shots from the rear (by two shooters) and a missed frontal shot.

What do you believe regarding the direction of the bullets, and why? Do you believe there was a frontal shooter and, if so, why?

Edited by Tim Gratz

Obviously even if the single bullet theory was true, as implausible as it seems, and even if there were but one shooter, that fact does not prove that Oswald was the shooter, nor does it preclude the possibility that there was a conspiracy behind the assassination. (I believe there are sound reasons to believe a conspiracy existed regardless of the ballistic evidence).

(1) Is there any possibility that the single bullet theory is correct? If not, what evidence excludes it to a certainty?

(2) Despite possible evidence of a shooter from the front, is it possible that all of the bullets that struck JFK and Connally came from the rear (but not necessarily from the TSBD)? As you know, the HSCA concluded that all shots that hit JFK and JC came from the rear, but that there was a shooter from the front who shot and missed (the later conclusion based solely on the acoustic evidence if I recall correctly).

For what it is worth, I believe there is almost no possibility that a single bullet struck both JFK and JC. On the other hand, for several reasons, I think that all of the bullets came from the rear. Thus I think there were at least two shooters from the rear. I am less certain that there was a frontal shooter.

If the acoustic evidence accepted by the HSCA is correct, there were four shots, with the final shot (which the HSCA believed "missed") from the front. I do not believe the acoustic evidence could prove that the shots from the rear came from the same rifle. I could accept three shots from the rear (by two shooters) and a missed frontal shot.

What do you believe regarding the direction of the bullets, and why? Do you believe there was a frontal shooter and, if so, why?

Hello Tim.

Here's a bit to consider anyway...

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=10250

- lee

Tim Gratz Posted Jul 31 2007, 07:57 AM

Tim,

Allow me to take a quick stab at some of this:

(1) No. Evidence excluding it is CE399, as well as the bullet trajectories, human anatomy, evidence of bullet holes in JFK's clothing, which all support separate bullet wounds to the throat and back.

(2) I doubt that all were fired from the back. This is because the wound in the back is not connected to the wound at the base of the throat (this wound looked like an entry wound to experienced medical staff in Dallas). Also the existing Zapruder film seems to demonstrate a bullet striking Kennedy from the front and hitting him in the head.

Further comments: I think the acoustic evidence you brought up is some of the weakest evidence in this case. The best evidence existed on 11/22/1963 and was collected and deposed that day and the few days following. All evidence pointing to a conspiracy, multiple shooters etc. was ignored, altered or destroyed. What was left, was used to blame this tragic event on a "silly little communist".

The best evidence that should have been used impartially by the WC: witness testimony, ballistic evidence and proper forensic autopsy. Using all of these would have helped in finding out the true events that occurred that day.