The Education Forum

How To Get a New Investigation

Tim Gratz

I woulkd also add that if BK should end up in a debate over civil or criminal procedure with Dawn Meredith or Erick A Bovik I would point out to everyone that Dawn and Erick are educated attorneys with extensive trial experience and BK has none.

Now, if BK were to engage me in a debate on ballistics or the NAA, I would assume he was as qualified as me to discuss those issues.

I woulkd also add that if BK should end up in a debate over civil or criminal procedure with Dawn Meredith or Erick A Bovik I would point out to everyone that Dawn and Erick are educated attorneys with extensive trial experience and BK has none.

Now, if BK were to engage me in a debate on ballistics or the NAA, I would assume he was as qualified as me to discuss those issues.

Tim,

It's not my intention to debate anybody about anything.

I just find it amusing that Tim Gratz is leading the charge for a new investigation.

BK

And just why should THAT amaze you, Bill? I would not be putting this much time into things if I didn't sincerely want to see the case solved. And as I have said before I really could not care whether it was a right-wing oil man, a war-crazed member of the JCoS or a faction in the Politburo. I do not believe in the concept of institutional responsibility. If H.L. Hunt did it, that does not mean that all oil men are murderers; if Maxwell Taylor did it that does not mean all military brass are traitors; and if some hard-line Commies in 1960 did it that is not any reflection on the current leadership of Russia.

But if my "leading the charge for a new investigation " amuses you, so be it. I am glad. Laughter is good for the spirit.

I just want your help, Bill. Because if we are going to win this, we are going to need hard work, and intelligent effort, from every member!

And getting back to the "Wilberforce model", Wilberforce joined forces with one of his political enemies to win his fight against the slave trade.

So here is your first assignment, Bill: for either the ad or a tv show, why don't you organize (and even write) the top five reasons that demonstrate a conspiracy. It is important we make as "airtight" a case as we can. And to generate as widespread support as possible, we need to avoid controversial issues, e.g., IMO, LBJ did it, or Greer did it. If you can formulate a few paragraphs as succintly as possible, we can have the members here review them.

And just why should THAT amaze you, Bill? I would not be putting this much time into things if I didn't sincerely want to see the case solved. And as I have said before I really could not care whether it was a right-wing oil man, a war-crazed member of the JCoS or a faction in the Politburo. I do not believe in the concept of institutional responsibility. If H.L. Hunt did it, that does not mean that all oil men are murderers; if Maxwell Taylor did it that does not mean all military brass are traitors; and if some hard-line Commies in 1960 did it that is not any reflection on the current leadership of Russia.

But if my "leading the charge for a new investigation " amuses you, so be it. I am glad. Laughter is good for the spirit.

I just want your help, Bill. Because if we are going to win this, we are going to need hard work, and intelligent effort, from every member!

And getting back to the "Wilberforce model", Wilberforce joined forces with one of his political enemies to win his fight against the slave trade.

So here is your first assignment, Bill: for either the ad or a tv show, why don't you organize (and even write) the top five reasons that demonstrate a conspiracy. It is important we make as "airtight" a case as we can. And to generate as widespread support as possible, we need to avoid controversial issues, e.g., IMO, LBJ did it, or Greer did it. If you can formulate a few paragraphs as succintly as possible, we can have the members here review them.

Tim,

That's your battle.

I'm shooting for Congressional Oversight hearings on JFK Act.

Good luck,

BK

It will take money (and time) but I think there should be a letter supporting a new investigation, signed by authorities, and detailing just what a new investigation could accomplish.

So let's think, folks, about how else to engender political support:

The letter should be sent to:

1. Every elected official in the United States.

2. The editor of every daily and weekly newspaper.

3. All members of every party's state central committee.

4. The board of directors of every major company.

5. Elected leaders of labor unions.

6. Leaders of political action committees.

If the letter also asked for contributions, it might just pay for itself. More important however is that the letter request political support from the addressees.

My latest thought is to prepare a DVD with a narrator describing the various items that should be investigated in any new investigation. The DVD could also include documents, e.g. the original NAA, the two new studies attacking the NAA, etc. Then reproduce sufficient coipies of the DVD to distribute to every M of C. As a starter, this would be far less expensive than a full page advertisement but the DVD could also be used to help raise financial support for the advertisement. Because the cost of copying the DVD should be small, the DVD could also be sent to opinion makers e.g. newspaper editors.

Since there have been challenges to two of the scientific studies relied upon by the HSCA, I think a good argument could be made to Congress that it should undertake a re-evaluation of those studies to correct the record if necessary. Both the NAA are the acoustic study are of obvious importance.