The Education Forum

Diverting JFK from Dallas?

James Richards

I am wondering if anyone has any details regarding Byron Skelton, who was the Texas Democratic National Committeeman allegedly trying to divert JFK's itinerary away from Dallas?

Skelton supposedly felt that it was just too dangerous.

Any additional information here would be appreciated.

James

James,

I am wondering if anyone has any details regarding Byron Skelton, who was the Texas Democratic National Committeeman allegedly trying to divert JFK's itinerary away from Dallas?

Skelton supposedly felt that it was just too dangerous.

Any additional information here would be appreciated.

James

You might want to look at this page:

http://www.extracobanks.com/downloads/Extr...Summer_2002.pdf

Skelton is on page 4.

In another site, Skelton is described as being from the liberal wing of the Democratic Party. It's easy to see why he would view ultraconservative Dallas as being a dangerous place.

Steve Thomas

If I recall right Billy Graham urged him not to go to Dallas, as did Adlai Stevenson.

But once whoever had decided to get him, his days were probably numbered because if he had in fact skipped Dallas I am sure the plotters would have gotten him someplace else.

By the way, from the recent post by Paul Hoven (on the Gene Wheaton thread) we now have almost conclusive proof the CIA did not kill JFK. If it had, he would have died from a heart attack after his morning orange juice. I do wonder, however, if there was CIA involvement in the death of Pres Zachary Taylor. As you may recall, Pres Taylor got sick after drinking a cold drink during a Juy 4th celebration and died about two weeks later.

Edited by Tim Gratz

As a journalist [loosely speaking], surely you have access to news files of the exhumation of Zachary Taylor's body in recent years and the testing for arsenic poisoning...don't you, Mr. Gratz?

It was a big local news story in Louisville, KY a few years back. Surely with your journalist's connections, you can find the related stories.

But I would suggest that you only post them here if they also pertain to the JFK assassination, please. Let's try to stay on topic.

Mark, the Taylor story is interesting but I do admit it is off topic--as is, of course, the huge thread about OBL and 9-11, however.

Forgot you are from or near Louisville. I have reason to be interested in the ZT matter. I am on the board of the "Friends of Ft Taylor", the Civil War era fort (in Key West) named after ZT. IMO there were problems with the pathological toxicology report after ZT was exhumed.