The Education Forum

November JFK Lancer Conference news

Larry Hancock

The 2007 JFK Lancer November in Dallas Research

Conference has been scheduled for November 16-18.

This year the November in Dallas Conference will

address three 2007 national news stories that

focused on JFK and RFK.

First, there was the news that E. Howard Hunt, prior to

his own death, had shared details on his personal

knowledge of the conspiracy which resulted in JFK's

death. That information included specific names of

CIA officers who were involved in planning and

organizing the attack. Davod Giammarco had been personally

working with E. Howard Hunt for several years prior to the

announcement of Hunt's confession and he will offer

an in depth history of Hunt's revelations as well as an

assessment of their reliability. Giammarco will also lead

a panel including Larry Hancock, Lamar Waldron and Debra

Conway who will evaluate David Morales, Frank Sturgis,

William Harvey and Hunt himself in respect to Hunt’s confession.

With the publication of David Talbot's book on

Robert Kennedy, the public was provided with

considerable evidence that Robert Kennedy himself

had been convinced that his brother was murdered as

the result of a conspiracy; and that RFK covertly

investigated the conspiracy and had focused on a

specific group of suspects, including individuals

named in the Hunt confession. David Talbot will address

the conference in regard to RFK conspiracy beliefs and actions.

Not long after the Hunt and RFK revelations made

news, national media carried a number of stories

about a scientific team which had published studies

showing that a key technical test used by the Warren

Commission to confirm Lee Oswald as the sole shooter was

Invalid. Cliff Spiegelman, a member of the Texas A&M University team

Conducting the new NAAA research will present on the tests

And their findings that the bullet fragments could have

come from three or more separate bullets and, therefore,

more than one shooter. Spiegelmen will also relate how the

work was stimulated by a call from JFK researcher Stuart Wexler.

In addition, the conference is pleased to present journalist and

historian Burton Hirsh, who will discuss information from his most

recent book entitled The Historic Face-Off Between the Kennedys

and J. Edgar Hooverthat Transformed America.

Other speakers and their topics, include new research on subjects

ranging from an update on the Wallace prints to new studies of the

Ambassador Hotel attack on Robert Kennedy. A list of speakers and other

conference details is available at:

http://jfklancer.com/dallas07/index.html

...we are obviously trying to cover lots of bases! Larry

The 2007 JFK Lancer November in Dallas Research

Conference has been scheduled for November 16-18.

This year the November in Dallas Conference will

address three 2007 national news stories that

focused on JFK and RFK.

Larry, thanks for posting the Lancer Conference information. How is your RFK research coming along? Do you communicate with David Talbot about that?

Mike

Hi Mike, no I have not really communicated with David on RFK, I've been working directly from the

LAPD and FBI files - and being frustrated by the absolutely terrible background work done by

SUS, not to mention how gentle they were with certain suspects - the only thing is that their

work with witnesses was even worse.

However, I've actually spent far more time on the MLK case and hope that by the time of the

conference I will be able to announce a book on that which would be out next spring, prior to the

40th anniversary of his murder.

-- Larry

The EHH "confession" to his son, St. John Hunt, is quite intriguing.

I initially dismissed reports of it as an opportunity to give EHH one last chance to propagate more lies.

But, after reading the interview of St. John Hunt in Rolling Stone, I think that it may contain some truth, because it really sounded more like an admission against interests and less like the posthumous deflection of blame that DAP is said to have written.

In the Rolling Stone article, St. John describes a piece of paper which his father requested that he return after one of their spats.

I believe that St. John kept a copy of it.

It had "LBJ" at the top of the page and several other names written on it.

Cord Meyer is one of the names, and he refers to a French sniper (presumably Lucien Sarti) on the GK.

I don't recall the piece of paper showing the names of any Cubans or organized crime characters, but, if EHH is being truthful with his son (perhaps a first), I anticipate that Cubans and organized crime figures probably would have acted in supporting roles to a CIA (or, at least, CIA rogue agent) - orchestrated assassination.

This scenario sounds plausible and implicates the CIA, which renders it an admission against interests and not a deflection of blame.

Maybe EHH finally remembered, before he died, where he was when the assassination news broke.

I will look forward to reading a summary of this discussion.

Edited by Christopher Hall

Christopher, its my understanding that Hunt began his "confession" privately years before St John's recent

media appearances. Our Hunt panel leader was involved in those early exchanges and should be able

to bring a number things into better perspective than what we have seen so far.

Certainly Hunt didn't offer anything shockingly new in his confession and some elements are pretty

questionable...as I will be discussing in my section of the panel. On the other hand, his story has

made me revisit a couple of areas that I had discarded - which have produced some revelations,

for me at least.

It's important to keep in mind that while Hunt is often pictured as a pure Agency man, it seems more

than he was very loyal to a select group of individuals within the Agency and had considerable distain

for some decisions and some Agency actions.

In any event, I think this is going to be an extremely interesting part of the conference and I'm

certainly looking forward to getting the full story of his longer term effort to make some sort

of statement for the record.

-- Larry

Certainly Hunt didn't offer anything shockingly new in his confession and some elements are pretty

questionable...as I will be discussing in my section of the panel. On the other hand, his story has

made me revisit a couple of areas that I had discarded - which have produced some revelations,

for me at least.

Have you read "American Spy"? I was surprised that Hunt admitted the existence of Operation Mockingbird. I believe this was the first example of a CIA officer admitting to this highly secret project. He also pointed out Cord Meyer's important role in Mockingbird. However, I find it difficult to believe that Meyer was involved in the assassination of JFK. Especially if you take into account his deathbed comments on the death of his wife, Mary Pinchot Meyer.

John, my current view is that Hunt did pass on elements of the conspiracy that he had heard via insider

gossip; there was clearly plenty of that among the right social networks. I do not belive Meyer was in

charge or had the experence and track record to be....my suspicion is that Hunt muddied the water with

some name substitutions.

On the other hand, his bringing up Morales is pretty interesting, especially since CIA still doesn't seem to

want to admit one of their senior officers even worked for the Agency.

I also have a hard time seeing Morales having Hunt recruited, Hunt declining and then walking away for

several decades and Morales letting it lie....not to mention what Hunt could have contributed to such

a conspiracy in the first place. I don't think you turned down Morales and he let you wonder around

as a potential liability of that magnigude.

I think we are going to hear a lot more at the conference though so I'm keeping an open mind...and I have

no doubt that Hunt did hold certain true pieces of information, filtering that out is the challenge, as usual.

-- Larry