The Education Forum

NOv 22 Trivia

Tim Gratz

I bet few of you knew that Dick Clark had a show scheduled for Friday night in Dallas with fifteen different performers, a show (obviously) cancelled because of the assassination.

But here is the connection and where I discovered this interesting if irrelevant trivia:

Tickets for the Dick Clark show were being sold at the Top Ten Record Shop, the shop where, at least allegedly, Officer J. D. Tippit stopped in to make a hurried phone call shortly before his murder.

The strange thing about it is that the proprietor claimed that LHO was a customer and that he had stopped in at 7:30 a.m. to purchase a ticket to the Dick Clark Show.

Now that is clearly exculpatory evidence demonstrating that LHO did not even know the president was going to be shot later that day! And we never even knew he was a big fan of "American Bandstand." The only problem of course is that we know where LHO was at 7:30 a.m. on Friday morning.

You can read about this here:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/top10.htm

Edited by Tim Gratz

I bet few of you knew that Dick Clark had a show scheduled for Friday night in Dallas with fifteen different performers, a show (obviously) cancelled because of the assassination.

But here is the connection and where I discovered this interesting if irrelevant trivia:

Tickets for the Dick Clark show were being sold at the Top Ten Record Shop, the shop where, at least allegedly, Officer J. D. Tippit stopped in to make a hurried phone call shortly before his murder.

The strange thing about it is that the proprietor claimed that LHO was a customer and that he had stopped in at 7:30 a.m. to purchase a ticket to the Dick Clark Show.

Now that is clearly exculpatory evidence demonstrating that LHO did not even know the president was going to be shot later that day! And we never even knew he was a big fan of "American Bandstand." The only problem of course is that we know where LHO was at 7:30 a.m. on Friday morning.

You can read about this here:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/top10.htm

Tim,

This is a not insignificant item.

Dick Clark is a JFK assassination buff and had ties to Bob Vernon and his outfit.

BK

Bill, it is interesting that at least to the best of my knowledge Clark has never commented on his show being cancelled.

Query whether he in fact watched the motorcade?

Yes, I was aware of his involvement with Vernon. But I do not remember the details. Vague recollection is it became a disaster for him?