The Education Forum

Who was Halley?

I was going through some very interesting testimony given during the Church Committee hearings by a man using the alias Halley. I think this might have actually been Ted Shackley.

If it wasn't Shackley, does anyone know who this Halley was?

Any information here would be appreciated.

James

• 2 weeks later...

James/Larry:

I thought Harvey was dying in Arizon during HSCA at that point? If he testified, and his testimony is captured and/or released, it must be top shelf material. I firmly believe that he is central to all of this intrigue: he had strong motive... and exquisite means. The information available about him is unusually scarce (and hence well-protected) with virtually no pictures or anechdotes captured. His raw input would be like precious stones, IMHO. - gene

James,

I was going through some very interesting testimony given during the Church Committee hearings by a man using the alias Halley. I think this might have actually been Ted Shackley.

If it wasn't Shackley, does anyone know who this Halley was?

Any information here would be appreciated.

James

During his testimony on August 25, 1975 Halley is discussing an incident that took place in 1963 and says, "...that was the only individual that I am aware of during my tenure as Station Chief in Miami..."

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=5

Who was the Station Chief in Miami in 1963? Would that be Shackley?

Steve Thomas

During his testimony on August 25, 1975 Halley is discussing an incident that took place in 1963 and says, "...that was the only individual that I am aware of during my tenure as Station Chief in Miami..."

Steve Thomas

I believe Shackley was head of JMWAVE, which would be different from COS. Was Jim Noel the COS at one time? I seem to recall that Don Bohning mentioned the COS in his book.

Stephen,

Steve Thomas

I believe Shackley was head of JMWAVE, which would be different from COS. Was Jim Noel the COS at one time? I seem to recall that Don Bohning mentioned the COS in his book.

The testimony of this Halley is full of him being the head of JMWAVE, so I'm thinking it's Shackley.

Steve Thomas