The Education Forum

David Welch of Ramparts Magazine

Pat Speer

Last week, I asked if anyone knew which nurse made a strange statement included in a 1967 William Turner article in Ramparts Magazine. Well, I heard back from Bill and he remembered the statement, and believes he got it from a Ramparts writer named David Welch, who'd interviewed a number of witnesses and assisted in the article. I googled Welch and found a reference to him in a Mae Brussell column, so he's almost certainly correct.

The question now is what became of Welch, and if he took any notes on his witness interviews.

Maybe if we put our heads together on issues like this we can rise above that other matter.

Last week, I asked if anyone knew which nurse made a strange statement included in a 1967 William Turner article in Ramparts Magazine. Well, I heard back from Bill and he remembered the statement, and believes he got it from a Ramparts writer named David Welch, who'd interviewed a number of witnesses and assisted in the article. I googled Welch and found a reference to him in a Mae Brussell column, so he's almost certainly correct.

The question now is what became of Welch, and if he took any notes on his witness interviews.

Maybe if we put our heads together on issues like this we can rise above that other matter.

Pat,

can you repeat the quote?

BK

a Ramparts writer named David Welch, who'd interviewed a number of witnesses...

I believe this is the same David Welch who worked with David Lifton on his Ramparts article "the Case for Three Assassins" in early 1967. Since the Turner article mentioned a statement by a nurse, this sounds like something Lifton would have been intensely interested in, so perhaps a PM to David might point you in the right direction.