The Education Forum

John Cesar Grossi

Tim Gratz

26 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

I’m wondering. Perhaps not, but the links to Mary Ferrell on this old thread are often redacted.

Of course, one suspects LHO was given entre and then jobs at various employers "as a favor" to the intel state. 

Maybe Grossi lied on his resume and duped JCS into hiring him, or maybe as an intel-state informant but also a hood, JCS placed Grossi where he could do no harm, along with LHO (away from accounting and disbursements, for example).

BTW, when police or federal agencies need informants, they often truck in unsavory and even unstable characters. You will find very few Sunday school teachers who can work as finks in criminal or covert organizations. 

When people say an intel organization would never hire LHO or so-and-so as an asset, as they are "unstable"...they are wrong.

The nature of informants and assets is that they are often defined by unsteady natures, or hardened political views, such as Cuban exiles. 

The family man with three kids who works in administration for a bank...is not likely to be available or useful as an informant. 

On 6/20/2023 at 6:43 PM, Paul Brancato said:

I wonder if there is more to learn about Grossi, so I am responding to this thread in hopes we can take a closer look. He clearly was associated with Pete Licavoli, a Detroit mobster who moved to Tuscon where Grossi lived on his estate for a while. Bill Kelly spells Licavoli’s name wrong twice. 
The first thing I noticed browsing the many FBI files linked in these posts about Grossi was that he worked with Oswald in the photo department. Gotta wonder how he wound up at JCS. He was a career hood, and I think, given the enormous number of redactions in his record, an FBI informant. 

I interviewed Grossi's son, John William Bowen in 2017. Asked him how he got the job at JCS and he replied "The job at Jaggars was - I believe - through someone who had previously tried to mentor him during his teens. I don't recall the name, but he was generally regarded as someone who tried - unsuccessfully - to point him in the right direction."

Grossi's Leavenworth inmate record dated 1959 stated that he sent money to F. Ryder. Her brother, Dial Ryder, worked at the Irving gun shop where work was allegedly done on the Manlicher Carcano.

Edited by John Kowalski