The Education Forum

Notes for a New Investigation

Tim Gratz

http://karws.gso.uri.edu/JFK/The_critics/M...estigation.html

You can find interesting pro-conspiracy articles on the web-sites of Rahn and McAdams (as some of you know).

Tim, Why give credit to Rahn and McAdams for all the great work of Syliva Meagher?

McAdams, whose web site is demonstrably misleading and inaccurate, merely posted the article that should also be available from Esquire.

McAdams is a guy who disquised himself with a false identity to "infiltrate" a COPA conference, whose bogus ID was only exposed when, of all those who attended the conference, he was the one interviewed by the Washington Post.

There are few real Jerks among those who seriously research the assassination of JFK, but McAdams is one of them.

But the article is very important and we should give him a tip of the hat for posting it.

Among the important items listed is one Dallas Police Detective E. E. Taylor, who she says compiled a partial list of those who were in the audience at the Texas Theater when Oswald was arrested. If this is true, where's the list? And who is E. E. Taylor? I can't find one reference to him anywhere, other than that article.

BK

Bill, I assure you you cannot find an article this old on the Esquire web-site.

Glad you liked it. You have been at this so long it surprises me that there was something new you discovered. (That is of course a compliment.)

In a case of this significance, any new information could lead to something important.

Obviously Meagher deserves credit for the article but Rahn for posting it. I know you have problems with McAdams, and I certainly disagree with Rahn (hard for me to even envision Rahn and Drago co-existing in such a small state!) but it is true that one can find "good" articles on each of their web-sites so I guess we can give them credit for that even if the credit is "grudging" (is that the correct word?).

Isn't Ian Griggs an expert on the DPD? Perhaps he has heard of Taylor or of the list.

http://karws.gso.uri.edu/JFK/The_critics/M...estigation.html

You can find interesting pro-conspiracy articles on the web-sites of Rahn and McAdams (as some of you know).

Tim, Why give credit to Rahn and McAdams for all the great work of Syliva Meagher?

McAdams, whose web site is demonstrably misleading and inaccurate, merely posted the article that should also be available from Esquire.

McAdams is a guy who disquised himself with a false identity to "infiltrate" a COPA conference, whose bogus ID was only exposed when, of all those who attended the conference, he was the one interviewed by the Washington Post.

There are few real Jerks among those who seriously research the assassination of JFK, but McAdams is one of them.

But the article is very important and we should give him a tip of the hat for posting it.

Among the important items listed is one Dallas Police Detective E. E. Taylor, who she says compiled a partial list of those who were in the audience at the Texas Theater when Oswald was arrested. If this is true, where's the list? And who is E. E. Taylor? I can't find one reference to him anywhere, other than that article.

BK

Bill, Taylor had been assigned to the Trade Mart, and while on his way to DP got diverted to Oak Cliff with the news on Tippit. His report on Oswald's arrest, dated Dec 3. That report states he, Toney and Cunningham stayed at the TT taking names and addresses of occupants.

Cunningham's report on the arrest doesn't quite confirm the above. It states he Toney and Taylor "searched the first floor and interviewed the occupants that were seated near where the suspect was arrested."

Toney's report states only that they closed the theater up for "the purpose of interviewing the witnesses inside."

Toney's report could be used to support either Taylor or Cunningham. If Cummingham 's report is the more accurate, then no complete witness list was actually taken - and that would certainly explain why it's never been found....

Edited by Greg Parker

Tim, some of us were reading this stuff at the time it was on the newsstands. My dad, who NEVER bought weekly news magazines, purchased the "A Matter Of Reasonable Doubt" November '66 issue of LIFE Magazine; my grandfather, who seldom bought magazines of ANY kind that didn't deal with either gardening or hunting and fishing, bought that particular issue of Esquire. So I had the good fortune of reading them--and other similar articles--when they were fresh. And in early '67, when the Garrison probe began to make headlines, I wasn't surprised.

[i have since purchased the aforementioned [i][/i]LIFE issue on eBay, for my own personal JFK library. Others may have a more extensive library than mine, but I can assure you I've read everything in my collection at least twice...many when they were first issued in the '60's.]

So while this Esquire article might may be quite the "buried treasure" to you, some of us were aware of it back when it was fresh. On the heels of the LIFE article, it helped kindle my interest in researching the JFK assassination...an interest nothing has quenched in the past 41 years.

Tim, some of us were reading this stuff at the time it was on the newsstands. My dad, who NEVER bought weekly news magazines, purchased the "A Matter Of Reasonable Doubt" November '66 issue of LIFE Magazine; my grandfather, who seldom bought magazines of ANY kind that didn't deal with either gardening or hunting and fishing, bought that particular issue of Esquire. So I had the good fortune of reading them--and other similar articles--when they were fresh. And in early '67, when the Garrison probe began to make headlines, I wasn't surprised.

[i have since purchased the aforementioned [i][/i]LIFE issue on eBay, for my own personal JFK library. Others may have a more extensive library than mine, but I can assure you I've read everything in my collection at least twice...many when they were first issued in the '60's.]

So while this Esquire article might may be quite the "buried treasure" to you, some of us were aware of it back when it was fresh. On the heels of the LIFE article, it helped kindle my interest in researching the JFK assassination...an interest nothing has quenched in the past 41 years.