The Education Forum

Photographic Challenge

So Gavin , why do you think the NASA employees who helped fake the Apollo photography , did such a messy , incompetent job of it ?

evans2.jpg

Do you think they were maybe just lazy , or were they perhaps WHISTLE-BLOWING for the future generations who would discover how faked those moonset piccys really are ?

I'd quite like to know:

a) What pictures were used to create this

:rolleyes: How they were created

Good grief Duane, if you had ever a slight clue you would understand that a very poor scan with really noisy d-max was poorly retouched in an attempt to create a presentable web image.

Your conclusion is based on complete ignorance of a common process.

Until you learn the BASICS of the subject you will forever be mired in abject ignorance.

Now back to the subject at hand and the simple questions you have been asked.

Will you answer the questions and when will we see the results of the testing you said you were going to do months ago?

Edited by Evan Burton
Removed comment

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duane, I will ignore your 'mocking' about me being an Astrophysicist because you probably don't know what one is. I find it amusing that you assume I am basing my Physics knowledge on flying a simulated mission to the moon. I am not. I am basing it on my study at degree level for Physics. Not that I expect you to understand this, seeing as though you won't even pick up a camera to do one simple test.

EDITED: There was more here, but your just not worth the calories I expend pressing keys on this keyboard.

EDIT: I'd also like to complain about Duanes last post to move; his posts are now just plain insulting.

Edited by Gavin Stone

Duane, I will ignore your 'mocking' about me being an Astrophysicist because you probably don't know what one is. I find it amusing that you assume I am basing my Physics knowledge on flying a simulated mission to the moon. I am not. I am basing it on my study at degree level for Physics. Not that I expect you to understand this, seeing as though you won't even pick up a camera to do one simple test.

EDITED: There was more here, but your just not worth the calories I expend pressing keys on this keyboard.

EDIT: I'd also like to complain about Duanes last post to move; his posts are now just plain insulting.

I can assure you that I know what an astrophysicist is and you are not one of them .

I have already filed a complaint against you , because you keep posting insults to me and then delete them before a moderator can read them and decide what needs to be done in your sad case .

It looks as though Evan is having to remove Lamson's insults to me as well .

Sorry if my opinion about the Apollo Program upsets you all so much , but I am only one of MILLIONS of people who smells a huge rat when it comes to the authenticity of the official Apollo record .

Oh and Gavin , even though you very quickly deleted your last personal insult to me , I can assure you that I do NOT live in a trailer park .

These typical clavius and Baut character assassinations of the CT's may serve you well on forums such as the UM , but I really don't think they are very welcome here .

I should have kept your posts on "ignore user" , but silly me ... I thought you might be able to conduct yourself like a man here instead of the XXXXX..... You really aren't worth the bother .

BTW Gavin ... The next time you pretend to be someting you're not , try to remember not to put a capital letter at the beginning of it ...It's only "Physics" and "Astrophysicist" when being used at the beginning of a sentence or in the name of an organization .

Edited for inappropriate remark.
Edited by Antti Hynonen

Looks to me like they processed the development of this film so it would be more suitable for publicity purposes rather than scientific study.

I couldn't agree with you more , Dave . :up

Lamson and you would have us all believe that NASA just touched up their Apollo photos because they weren't perfect .... but to anyone who isn't blind to the truth of this subject , it's very obvious that the backgrounds in the Apollo photos were more than just "retouched" to make them look pretty .

Take this one for example ... Do you think this altering of the black background by NASA's quality control team might have been to get rid of the UFO's on the Moon , or maybe TO ERASE THE MOONSET IN THE BACKGROUD OF THESE PHONY PHOTOS ?

Or possilby Dave's favorite excuse ... " lens flare" . :huh:

Ken-four-frame-composite-we.jpg

Looks to me like they processed the development of this film so it would be more suitable for publicity purposes rather than scientific study.

I couldn't agree with you more , Dave . :up

Excellent! At last you're starting to use your noggin!

Lamson and you would have us all believe that NASA just touched up their Apollo photos because they weren't perfect .... but to anyone who isn't blind to the truth of this subject , it's very obvious that the backgrounds in the Apollo photos were more than just "retouched" to make them look pretty .

Makes you wonder why every magazine is available online at resolutions around 2000x2400 (with minor processing to improve contrast for viewing online), and most Hasselblad magazines are available at 4400x4000 resolution as direct scans of the film rolls with no post-processing. All paid for by our mutual friend, the good ol' US taxpayer. Not to mention the availability of printed 8"x10" glossies since 1969 (you'll have to fork out a little bit of your own hard-earned dollars for these I'm afraid!)

That's the truth of the subject, so no need to cast aspersions on my ocular acuity old bean!

Take this one for example ... Do you think this altering of the black background by NASA's quality control team might have been to get rid of the UFO's on the Moon , or maybe TO ERASE THE MOONSET IN THE BACKGROUD OF THESE PHONY PHOTOS ?

Or possilby Dave's favorite excuse ... " lens flare" . :huh:

The "lens flare" excuse was the first thing they taught me at shill school! ;)

I believe this has been addressed before in relation to some other Apollo 14 images? Either you understand the concept that moon dust is capable of sticking to the camera lens, and that when sunlight hits this dust it causes a flare that reduces contrast in that part of the image, or you don't. Once you understand that concept, a genuine researcher interested in investigating the authenticity of the image would need to demonstrate why that doesn't apply to this image. Get cracking young man!

9301-9302-study.jpg

Levels adjusted slightly to make lightened zone more visible.

I couldn't help but notice that both you and Dave completely ignored my questions in this post ... How about we discuss this little fumble on NASA's part before we discuss the details of their faked Apollo photography .

Sorry, I thought it was one of your jokes again. Seriously!

Why did the Apollo astronauts always swap ONE camera ? ....Both astronots on every mission had their OWN camera and both were "extensively" trained to use them .... So why is there only ONE documented instance when both astronots allegedly used their cameras at the SAME TIME ??

More to the point, how could any objective person possibly consider this evidence of a faked lunar landing?

Also , in looking at the video footage of the Apollo Simulation Project , the astronauts always BENT THEIR KNEES when taking still photos , yet there are NO ASTRONAUT SHADOWS SHOWING THIS BENT KNEE POSITION WHILE TAKING PHOTOGRAPHS .

You can't be serious? See above.

"Dave 'envelope trader' Scott and Jim 'raider of Noahs Ark' Irwin pass a hassy camera between each other for the 2nd flag shoot EVA 3. Notice again the stance they take when photographing. "

Duane, I'm completely missing the point of this fine piece of detective work. They passed a camera to each other. So what? Maybe one of them hadn't attached his camera to his chest plate yet? Maybe they wanted all the "flag photos" on one film roll? Maybe one of the cameras had failed? Or maybe it was a subtle whistle-blowing clue ("Hehe, this'll fool 'em. The old single-camera swictheroo. Never fails. People the world over will KNOW we faked the missions when they spot this one.")

As for his stance, he's bending his knees slightly. Seriously people, he's BENDING HIS KNEES. Tell the world!

Duane, please listen to yourself. This latest "proof" is embarrassing. If you're not careful David C will be labelling you as a plant as well as Jack!

I can assure you that I know what an astrophysicist is and you are not one of them .

Ah yes Duane, I should have known that you'd know better than me what I do with my life :huh: Personally, I don't care if you think I have relevant Astronomy qualifications or not. I know I have, and that's all that matters.

I have already filed a complaint against you , because you keep posting insults to me and then delete them before a moderator can read them and decide what needs to be done in your sad case .

File all the complaints you want Duane, I am filing them right back.

Sorry if my opinion about the Apollo Program upsets you all so much , but I am only one of MILLIONS of people who smells a huge rat when it comes to the authenticity of the official Apollo record .

Duane, I don't care about what you think about the Apollo record. I don't actually care about CT's much. The truth is there are not MILLIONS as claimed, only a select sad few who peddle their propoganda because of ignorance/profit. The rest have a passing interest bordering on the majority of people not caring.

I should have kept your posts on "ignore user" , but silly me ... I thought you might be able to conduct yourself like a man here instead of the obnoxious , immature brat that you are ..... You really aren't worth the bother .

Pot calling the kettle black, Duane. Reported (again)

BTW Gavin ... The next time you pretend to be someting you're not , try to remember not to put a capital letter at the beginning of it ...It's only "Physics" and "Astrophysicist" when being used at the beginning of a sentence or in the name of an organization .

Duane, it's a good job I don't get on at you for spelling and grammar as I would be here till 2028 correcting all your mistakes. Pot calling the kettle black again Duane? You expect me to take grammar advice from someone who puts a SPACE BEFORE A COMMA?

Edited by Gavin Stone

This thread has resulted in numerous reports. It is apparent that many of the members participating in this thread have a hard time focusing on discussing the issue at hand, and resort in personal insults instead.

If this continues it is likely that this thread will be locked. If the problem persists after that on other threads, other, more direct moderation measures will be taken.

Duane, it's a good job I don't get on at you for spelling and grammar as I would be here till 2028 correcting all your mistakes. Pot calling the kettle black again Duane? You expect me to take grammar advice from someone who puts a SPACE BEFORE A COMMA?

If my putting a space before a comma for it to show up better, or posting some typos is the only technical fault you can find with my posts , then you really are making a fool out of yourself ... At least I don't put capital letters on a profession I pretend to have or a title I don't own .... Gavin says .. "I am an Astrophysicist and my field of expertise is Physics.... You couldn't be more ridiculous if you tried .

I believe this has been addressed before in relation to some other Apollo 14 images? Either you understand the concept that moon dust is capable of sticking to the camera lens, and that when sunlight hits this dust it causes a flare that reduces contrast in that part of the image, or you don't. Once you understand that concept, a genuine researcher interested in investigating the authenticity of the image would need to demonstrate why that doesn't apply to this image. Get cracking young man!
Duane, I'm completely missing the point of this fine piece of detective work. They passed a camera to each other. So what? Maybe one of them hadn't attached his camera to his chest plate yet? Maybe they wanted all the "flag photos" on one film roll? Maybe one of the cameras had failed? Or maybe it was a subtle whistle-blowing clue ("Hehe, this'll fool 'em. The old single-camera swictheroo. Never fails. People the world over will KNOW we faked the missions when they spot this one.")

Dave ...That would have to be some of your lamest disinformation yet ...Lens flare again ??? ..They used only ONE CAMERA to have the film on one roll ??? ... Oh please .... You can't do any better than that ?

What a shame you are so blind to the truth about Apollo that you feel the need to ridicule those who expose the many flaws and anomalies in the faked Apollo photography .... But as you said yourself , you have been trained well in shill school .

Antti can lock this thread for all I care ... I have no more interest in being insulted by either one of you ... I have better things to do with my time than to argue with dishonset game players on a discussion forum .

If my putting a space before a comma for it to show up better, or posting some typos is the only technical fault you can find with my posts , then you really are making a fool out of yourself ... At least I don't put capital letters on a profession I pretend to have or a title I don't own .... Gavin says .. "I am an Astrophysicist and my field of expertise is Physics.... You couldn't be more ridiculous if you tried .

Duane, I am not an astrophysicist by profession, I am an IT Systems Analyst, by profession. Let me quote you some definitions of the word astrophysicist:

a person that studies the physics of stellar phenomena.
someone who studies how objects in the universe interact
A scientist who studies laws that describe the behavior of stars and planets.
an astronomer who studies the physical properties of celestial bodies

I apply to all of these definitions and regularly practice this behaviour at my university during courses.

Duane, please stop with the insults, stop trying to change the subject, stop trying to get this thread locked. This thread was about Jack's contention that a photographer's shadow must point to the bottom center of the image. He should prove his point or admit he's wrong. You need to stop trying to distract everyone by burying the thread in your crap.

Mods: I suggest that rather than lock this thread, all of the posts irrelevant to Jack's point on page one be split into a new thread. Also, read the whole thread and take note that every single post was on topic until Duane showed up in #22.

Duane, please stop with the insults, stop trying to change the subject, stop trying to get this thread locked. This thread was about Jack's contention that a photographer's shadow must point to the bottom center of the image. He should prove his point or admit he's wrong. You need to stop trying to distract everyone by burying the thread in your crap.

Mods: I suggest that rather than lock this thread, all of the posts irrelevant to Jack's point on page one be split into a new thread. Also, read the whole thread and take note that every single post was on topic until Duane showed up in #22.

Kevin ... Please stop with the false accusations against me ... I didn't start the insults on post #22 , I merely posted a JOKE about Evan posting bait for Jack and then a JOKE about Craig beating a dead horse ... I'm sorry if you have no sense of humor .

I don't believe going off topic is considered to be a crime on this forum ... If it is , then you and Gavin would be the first one's to be punished . :rolleyes:

I'm sure the moderators have much more important things to do with their time here than to police all the silly insults posted by you and your pals Gavin and Craig .

As for the topic of this thread , it has been answered by both Jack and me several times now ... If you don't agree with our replies , that's your problem .

As for the topic of this thread , it has been answered by both Jack and me several times now ... If you don't agree with our replies , that's your problem .

But thats the real problem now Duane, neither of you has actually answered. Jack has waved his hands, and you have acted like a good parrot but neither of you have been able to deal with evidence that shows Jacks handwaving claims incorrect. So are you ever planning on doing so or is this Duane Daman...Never a straight answer?

I understand your relectance to actually try the tests and take a few pictures because doing so will show your heros, Percy, White, and Mr. Magoo to be wrong and not telling the truth to you. But you as a self-proclaimed agent of truth...to be true to your proclaimation...must do the testing and report the real facts no matter WHERE the results take you.

So back on topic...are you going to test and answer the questions that have been put to you?

To quote our friendly moderator Evan Burton , earlier in this dead horse of a thread ...

Duane - as usual you are noise and no substance. Please don't distract the thread from people who are capable of making a contribution to it.

So it would appear that any test or opinion I have about this subject is meaningless .

So back on topic...are you going to test and answer the questions that have been put to you?

Test ? ... No ... Answer ? ... I already have , but according to your pal Evan , it's only "noise and no substance" and therefore nothing but a distraction because I have nothing to contribute to this issue .

So I guess that only leaves Jack for you to continue to bait .... Good luck with that .

Edited by Duane Daman