The Education Forum

How tall was John Connally?

It seems to me John Connally was considerably taller than JFK.

They say JFK's jump seat was 6" higher than JC's seat.

If JC's height was close to 6" more than JFK's this alone would negate the SBT.

Anyone know JC's actual height?

Hi Jim:

John Connally was six feet, two inches tall. As a matter of interest, the FBI SA who was the "Connally" stand-in during the Commission staff generated reconstructin of May 24, 1964, J. Doyle Williams, was 6 feet, four inches tall; he did manage to squeeze into John Connally's jacket for this same event. FWIW

Gary Murr

Hi Jim:

John Connally was six feet, two inches tall. As a matter of interest, the FBI SA who was the "Connally" stand-in during the Commission staff generated reconstructin of May 24, 1964, J. Doyle Williams, was 6 feet, four inches tall; he did manage to squeeze into John Connally's jacket for this same event. FWIW

Gary Murr

Where did you get Doyle Williams height? After retirement he lived in my neighborhood

and I saw him occasionally at neighborhood meetings and the cafeteria. He was about

my height, 6'2", as I recall. He was aware of my identity as a JFK researcher, though

we never had been introduced. We once briefly discussed the JFK case, and he told me

that his assassination assignments were unusual because that was not his regular FBI

activity. Hoping to stump me, he said his regular job was "dactylographer". I replied,

"Oh, you worked with fingerprints, huh?" He seemed disappointed that I knew. He said

as we parted, "You are wrong, you know...Oswald did it alone." A feebie to the end.

He died three or four years ago.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

Hi Jim:

Gary Murr

Where did you get Doyle Williams height? After retirement he lived in my neighborhood

and I saw him occasionally at neighborhood meetings and the cafeteria. He was about

my height, 6'2", as I recall. He was aware of my identity as a JFK researcher, though

we never had been introduced. We once briefly discussed the JFK case, and he told me

that his assassination assignments were unusual because that was not his regular FBI

activity. Hoping to stump me, he said his regular job was "dactylographer". I replied,

"Oh, you worked with fingerprints, huh?" He seemed disappointed that I knew. He said

as we parted, "You are wrong, you know...Oswald did it alone." A feebie to the end.

He died three or four years ago.

Jack

Hi Jack:

Thanks for the insight regarding J. Doyle Williams in retirement. It is appreciated. I got Doyle Williams height measurement from data contained in the notebooks of Robert Frazier and surveyor Robert West, notebooks they constructed on site in Dallas in conjunction with the May 24, 1964 re-enactment. As you may know, Doyle Williams was the FBI agent accosted and knocked to the floor by Secret Service agents at Parkland Memorial Hospital on the afternoon of November 22, 1963. I do not know if you were aware that he was later censured by Hoover for failing to properly report this incident, a censure that cost Williams money out of pocket.

Gary