February 21, 2008 (Thursday)

*/"The Assassination of Malcolm X: A Riddle Unraveled"/*

43rd anniversary of his murder at the Audubon Ballroom in New York City

Panel discussion 5:00 - 7:00 pm, broadcast live on Sirius Satellite Radio

MalcolmX/Dr. Betty Shabazz Memorial Center, Audubon Ballroom

3940 Broadway, New York, NY

Confirmed speakers: Baba Zak Kondo, PhD, author of Conspiracys: The

Unravelling of the Assassination of Malcom X

Jared Ball, PhD, professor U. Maryland, researcher (More to be announced).

http://www.politicalassassinations.com/Conferences.html

Members from the New York area may find this of interest, as only simply as another case study in political assassination. I'm not sure how many people registered with the forum are from New York, Raymond Carroll is the only one that comes to mind.

I had the pleasure of meeting Jared Bal last summer and he seemed to be a very intelligent man (as a PhD would suggest!) Baba Zak Kondo is featured heavily in the excellent documentary on the assassination 'Brother Minister', which is not available online.

For good videos of Malcolm's speeches see this youtube profile, http://www.youtube.com/user/antihostile

John

Cynthia McKinney has also been added to the list of speakers.

The event is open to the public and will be broadcast live on Sirius

satellite radio on Sirius Left 142 (channel). Non-subscribers can listen

by going to www.sirius.com (use link to listen online) and signing up

just in advance for a 3-day free trial subscription to hear the program.

All the best,

John

Good to hear Nathaniel. I expect the turnout for th event to be quite high. It is being advertised through a number of mediums. I have contacted various black political organisations, Cynthia McKinney publicised it on her blog, the Malcolm X foundation has put te word out. I have been sending messages and leaving posts on youtube and facebook in an effort to get a good turnout.

It being black history month it is likely that there will be a sizeable turnout among history students and researchers.

I believe John Judge is trying to secure a videographer. All of the COPA conferences in Dallas are recorded and sold as a dvd through COPA and the guy that tapes them (his name escapes me). There is of course free online content from COPA conferences, such as Peter Dale Scott's talk from last November. Search for Peter Dale Scott at http://video.google.com and you will surely find it.

I would love to go, but I will be some 3,000 miles away.

If anyone is going it would be great if you could get some of it on film, interviews with speakers and some shots of the crowd etc.

All the best,

John

The conference is being broadcast on sirius radio tonight.

To listen to the show, which starts in 30 minutes and runs for 2 hours, go here, http://www.sirius.com/siriusinternetradio

Sign up for a free 3 day subscription, after that you can sign in and find the station 'sirius left', also known as 'channel 146'.

It should be a good show.

Enjoy it, I know that I will.

I hope to record it.

John

Good to hear Nathaniel. I expect the turnout for th event to be quite high. It is being advertised through a number of mediums. I have contacted various black political organisations, Cynthia McKinney publicised it on her blog, the Malcolm X foundation has put te word out. I have been sending messages and leaving posts on youtube and facebook in an effort to get a good turnout.

It being black history month it is likely that there will be a sizeable turnout among history students and researchers.

I believe John Judge is trying to secure a videographer. All of the COPA conferences in Dallas are recorded and sold as a dvd through COPA and the guy that tapes them (his name escapes me). There is of course free online content from COPA conferences, such as Peter Dale Scott's talk from last November. Search for Peter Dale Scott at http://video.google.com and you will surely find it.

I would love to go, but I will be some 3,000 miles away.

If anyone is going it would be great if you could get some of it on film, interviews with speakers and some shots of the crowd etc.

All the best,

John

Along with pitching for $$, WBAI radio www.wbai.org has had great shows on Malcolm-X in the last few days and they should be archived...... I tried to get the free three day trial, but i

didn't work...computers are very stupid and first it didn't accept opera - then when I tried again on explorer it rejected me for already having an accoun

I'll have a look for the WBAI stuff Peter. I will be able to record the COPA conference and I'll upload it either to the COPA site or youtube.

John

hi I got there a little bit late.

Very interesting!

First think I noticed was how done up the Ballroom was. Was there in the early 1990s when there were protests about the takeover by Columbia University. It was shiny and there was a gigantic ATM section for Chase bank one of the wings. The area has been "developed" for purposes of Columbia University's med school. I could really feel the development as the Anglo-American Establishment's ATM charged me 3$ for some very fast cash!

*Someone emphasized the importance of Military Intelligence inc solving this case, because of a 1946? law that stated all domestic intelligence agencies

had to share their intel. with military intelligence. The importance of military intelligence in this case would seem to be a parallel with William Pepper's

following up on the Memphis newspaper's reports about the 902nd MIG.

* Several speakers emphasied the international component to Malcolm X as the aspect that was deemed most threatening to the government. Jared Ball

spoke of several instances in 1964-- both at the UN and in several African nations, in which US intervention in the Congo was compared to the hypothetical

possibility of an Gyana intervening in Mississippi. This sort of comparison, Ball said, was the direct result of Malcolm X's trip to Africa and his

Pan-Africanism as cultivated at the UN

* It was stated that J. Edgar Hoover had been involved in spying on Marcus Garvey, and the organization that Malcolm's father worked for.

* John Judge pointed out a similarity he perceived between the Assassinations of Malcolm X and MLK: it was the international connections that finally

got the US governement to pull the trigger > Judge here mentioned King's speaking out about the war in Vietnam and its connection to the

unequal social structure here in the US.

* Anyone ever hear of Operation Lantern Spike by Army Intelligence? Please add on some good sources if you have them?

Edited by Nathaniel Heidenheimer

• 1 month later...