The Education Forum

LBJ's psychiatrist

Peter:

The Psychiatrist's name has never been forthcoming as far as I have heard, though someone must know...?

..Just that he was paid a million dollars..for his silence ......and the records, have not been revealed..See the 6 min mark....

TMWKK, The Final Chapter, ep.3 The Guity Men, seg.5

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7mzZGK9tNyM&...feature=related

B.......

Ed Clark's attorney and couragous author of Blood Money and Power, Barr McCllelan, may have some idea, but another possibility of those still around may be one Dr. Curtis Haley, general practitioner of San Ausgustine, according to information a close personal friend of Ed Clark. Also mentioned was Dr. Joe Thomas Nelson (1923-77), a GP of Weatherford Texas who with Claudia Taylor"Lady Bird"Johnson and Ed Clark were on the University of Texas Board of Regents in the 1971-77 period. Drs. Nelson and Haley were 1951 Baylor graduates and may have an in-law relationship.

I have been looking at Ed Clark on and off for years in relation to King Ranch and other Texans in Australian politics (eg Bernie Houghton of the CIA and Nugan Hand and John Connally in the 1975 Whitlam coup)...and note that in 1972 Clark ran the campaign of Republican John Tower to the Senate and the Texas campaign of Nixon vs McGovern. In 1974 Nixon named Clark to the General Adivisory Committee of the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency(source Texas Handbook online).

Of course Don Thomas of Clark Thomas Winters and Newtown would according to Barr McClelland know of the psychiatrist

and his trust fund. Clark's apparent legal protege Thomas P. Newton UT regent 1979-85 would be of interest as well.

An interesting area of enquiry. I await Caro's final volume of LBJ biography, but note that he will only admit in previous volumes that Johnson would "do anything" to achieve his goals.

Ed Clark's attorney and couragous author of Blood Money and Power, Barr McCllelan, may have some idea, but another possibility of those still around may be one Dr. Curtis Haley, general practitioner of San Ausgustine, according to information a close personal friend of Ed Clark. Also mentioned was Dr. Joe Thomas Nelson (1923-77), a GP of Weatherford Texas who with Claudia Taylor"Lady Bird"Johnson and Ed Clark were on the University of Texas Board of Regents in the 1971-77 period. Drs. Nelson and Haley were 1951 Baylor graduates and may have an in-law relationship.

I have been looking at Ed Clark on and off for years in relation to King Ranch and other Texans in Australian politics (eg Bernie Houghton of the CIA and Nugan Hand and John Connally in the 1975 Whitlam coup)...and note that in 1972 Clark ran the campaign of Republican John Tower to the Senate and the Texas campaign of Nixon vs McGovern. In 1974 Nixon named Clark to the General Adivisory Committee of the Arms Control and Disarmament Agency(source Texas Handbook online).

Of course Don Thomas of Clark Thomas Winters and Newtown would according to Barr McClelland know of the psychiatrist

and his trust fund. Clark's apparent legal protege Thomas P. Newton UT regent 1979-85 would be of interest as well.

An interesting area of enquiry. I await Caro's final volume of LBJ biography, but note that he will only admit in previous volumes that Johnson would "do anything" to achieve his goals.

Barr's been trying for years -without success- to get these important records. But, as you can well imagine, they are doubly blocked. Standard confidentiality, also a trust fund to maintian that they remain sealed. Now if someone in the Dr's employ were to do a "Scott" that would clarify a lot, but I don't see that ever happening. LBJ really lost it in his final years so you can bet that these files hold a lot of keys.

Dawn

Question sent to me by email. "What is the name of LBJ's psychiatrist who worked with him in his final days at the Ranch and is there any record of what was said? Those sessions, for me, are the million dollar questions."

For whatever it may actually be worth!

According to what I was told, LBJ in his last years was paranoid; slovenly; and often drunk.

In that regards he reportedly went through a long list of SS Agents assigned to protect him as some even threatened to completely resign from the SS, rather than put up with LBJ.

The standing joke amongst them was that were LBJ to be assassinated, then the first persons of "suspect" should most probably be those SS Agents who were assigned to put up with him.

It is therefore conceiveable that some of these persons could just possibly be relied upon to reveal the actual name, as this would not, at this date, violate any rules.

There were several who resided in/around the Dallas area years ago and they most certainly did not think that highly of LBJ.

Question sent to me by email. "What is the name of LBJ's psychiatrist who worked with him in his final days at the Ranch and is there any record of what was said? Those sessions, for me, are the million dollar questions."

Do to professional confidentiality, most psychiatrists will not, even after the death of high-profile and famous patients say much. It took decades to get Maralyn Monroe's psychiatrist to ONLY say that she was not suicidal just before her death. He said very little more. Good luck. Personally, for famous political figures or those who died under suspicious circumstances, I think these privacy/confidentiality considerations should be waived. I think in many cases it is a cover for a more pressing concern - survival.

"I think these privacy/confidentiality considerations should be waived. I think in many cases it is a cover for a more pressing concern - survival."

For all intents and purposes, these rules and regs do more harm than good to the timely delivery of health care by the medical professionals entrusted with its provision. Especially, when you have to be extremely conscientious of how you word a message to a patient's voice mail when attempting to remind them of their scheduled appointment.

AMA (Legal Issues) Patient confidentiality

HIPAA has created additional patient confidentiality considerations. ... These statutes all state that medical records are confidential and cannot be ...

www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/4610.html - 23k - Cached - Similar pages

HIPAA Basics: Medical Privacy in the Electronic Age

Consumer and patient advocates are critical of HIPAA for its numerous weaknesses. ...... Talk to your provider about your confidentiality concerns. ...

www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs8a-hipaa.htm - 92k - Cached - Similar pages

Do to professional confidentiality, most psychiatrists will not, even after the death of high-profile and famous patients say much. It took decades to get Maralyn Monroe's psychiatrist to ONLY say that she was not suicidal just before her death. He said very little more. Good luck. Personally, for famous political figures or those who died under suspicious circumstances, I think these privacy/confidentiality considerations should be waived. I think in many cases it is a cover for a more pressing concern - survival.

"I think these privacy/confidentiality considerations should be waived. I think in many cases it is a cover for a more pressing concern - survival."

For all intents and purposes, these rules and regs do more harm than good to the timely delivery of health care by the medical professionals entrusted with its provision. Especially, when you have to be extremely conscientious of how you word a message to a patient's voice mail when attempting to remind them of their scheduled appointment.

HIPAA has created additional patient confidentiality considerations. ... These statutes all state that medical records are confidential and cannot be ...

Consumer and patient advocates are critical of HIPAA for its numerous weaknesses. ...... Talk to your provider about your confidentiality concerns. ...

I think these privacy/confidentiality considerations should be waived

Yes but!

Then, someone just may be required to tell all in regards to removal of a third bullet from someone's leg!

I think these privacy/confidentiality considerations should be waived

Yes but!

Then, someone just may be required to tell all in regards to removal of a third bullet from someone's leg!

"Then, someone just may be required to tell all in regards to removal of a third bullet from someone's leg!"

You got that right, Bunky!