The Education Forum

"Len Brazil" and "Mike Williams" edit...

Jack White

Jack - all you have to do is put the link to your bio in your profile, as you have been asked to do several times now and in accordance with Forum rules, and your posts will all be made visible. Simple. If want assistance on how to place it in your signature line:

1. Near the top of the page, on the right hand side, there is a link labeled MY CONTROLS. Click on that.

2. A new page will appear. Go to the left hand side, and look for the heading PERSONAL PROFILE. Under that heading will be a selection labeled EDIT SIGNATURE. Click on it.

3. A text box will appear. Simply paste the URL for your biography into that box, then click on UPDATE MY SIGNATURE at the bottom of the box.

We CANNOT do this for you; you have to do it yourself. If you need assistance, please contact myself or one of the other Mods via PM and we'll help you.

Thank you.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Evan Burton Posted Today, 09:47 AM

Jack - all you have to do is put the link to your bio in your profile, as you have been asked to do several times now and in accordance with Forum rules, and your posts will all be made visible. Simple. If want assistance on how to place it in your signature line:

1. Near the top of the page, on the right hand side, there is a link labeled MY CONTROLS. Click on that.

2. A new page will appear. Go to the left hand side, and look for the heading PERSONAL PROFILE. Under that heading will be a selection labeled EDIT SIGNATURE. Click on it.

3. A text box will appear. Simply paste the URL for your biography into that box, then click on UPDATE MY SIGNATURE at the bottom of the box.

We CANNOT do this for you; you have to do it yourself. If you need assistance, please contact myself or one of the other Mods via PM and we'll help you.

Thank you.

Mr. Burton is quite right.

I have even e-mailed Mr. White the instructions on how to proceed with attaching a working bio to his profile, I have had no reply from him, nor has he complied.

If Mr. Burton does not set Mr. White's posts invisible, I will. That is until he complies with the rule regarding his bio.

Who can vouch that any one of us here are using their given names? Which member here can vouch for me?

Why does Len Colby need to prove that his name is really Len Colby, and why does nobody else need to do this for their respective names?

Why does he need to explain his responsibilities from a different website?

I think he only needs to cite sources for what he posts here, not for what he has posted elsewhere. By the way Len's email address starts with LenBrazil, I think I have seen it on this Forum somewhere. What's the big deal?

Why does he need to answer these?:

"Who is the webmaster/editor-in-chief/publisher of the self-styled "journal"?"

"What is a "nom de web" exactly? Please define." Isn't the answer to this, rather self evident? It is an alias used on the web, his call sign if you like.

Len's bio is a fine example of a bio and IMO all you need to know about him (and more) is right there.

Sure, Colby's opinions regarding conspiracies differ from many of ours, but is that a good reason to treat him like this?

I do not understand why you don't 'get it'. Charles Drago has his post made invisible. Jack is treated like a child who is being naughty or 'petulant' as Evan called him and yet Kathy, Evan and you find no problem with someone being deceptive and using an alias. Mr 'what document do you have to support this claim' Colby is being let off with out being required to provide any proof of his own or being called to explain.

Is the irony lost on you that Jack White who is universally well known is pursued relentlessly because his bio link was broken and Charles Drago post is disappeared because it questions the 'entity' known as Len Colby? (I think Charles may actually be on to some thing here.) In the mean time Len Colby/Brasil or who ever the 'entity' is is mollycoddled by the moderators like something delicate and fragile that needs protection from justifiable questions. Just because his/her bio link isn't broken it all conforms. I don't think so. Evan in no uncertain terms states that Jack has to conform to the rules just like every one else but some how this is not applied to Len. No it is all 'Who can vouch that any one of us here are using their given names?' and 'Surely you are all joking about placing any degree of seriousness in your questioning, aren't you?' and 'What screen name a member here chooses to use on another forum is none of our business. It has nothing to do with what Len posts here. ' But according to Jack there was a Len Brasil posting here. What is going on here? Is the Emperor wearing clothes?

I do not understand why you don't 'get it'. Charles Drago has his post made invisible. Jack is treated like a child who is being naughty or 'petulant' as Evan called him and yet Kathy, Evan and you find no problem with someone being deceptive and using an alias. Mr 'what document do you have to support this claim' Colby is being let off with out being required to provide any proof of his own or being called to explain.

Maggie,

What proof do you have that len is NOT using his real name?

Would it be appropriate to ask you for proof of your real identity? Perhaps the 100 point check?

I think not.

Also:

pet·u·lant pɛtʃələnt/ Pronunciation Key - [pech-uh-luhnt]

– adjective

moved to or showing sudden, impatient irritation, esp. over some trifling annoyance: a petulant toss of the head.

[Origin: 1590–1600; < L petulant- (s. of petulāns) impudent, akin to petere to seek, head for]

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/petulant

All Jack has to do is abide with the rules of the Forum. Easy. He has been offered every assistance to do so. We are not asking him to do something every other member has to do. He is not being asked to reveal personal information he wishes to remain private. He is being asked to do what every other member here seems to regard as something quite normal. I think the term is accurate.

Edited by Evan Burton

Maggie Hansen Posted Today, 10:17 AM

QUOTE(Antti Hynonen @ Aug 8 2008, 07:38 AM)

Who can vouch that any one of us here are using their given names? Which member here can vouch for me?

Why does Len Colby need to prove that his name is really Len Colby, and why does nobody else need to do this for their respective names?

Why does he need to explain his responsibilities from a different website?

I think he only needs to cite sources for what he posts here, not for what he has posted elsewhere. By the way Len's email address starts with LenBrazil, I think I have seen it on this Forum somewhere. What's the big deal?

Why does he need to answer these?:

"Who is the webmaster/editor-in-chief/publisher of the self-styled "journal"?"

"What is a "nom de web" exactly? Please define." Isn't the answer to this, rather self evident? It is an alias used on the web, his call sign if you like.

Len's bio is a fine example of a bio and IMO all you need to know about him (and more) is right there.

Sure, Colby's opinions regarding conspiracies differ from many of ours, but is that a good reason to treat him like this?

Is the irony lost on you that Jack White who is universally well known is pursued relentlessly because his bio link was broken and Charles Drago post is disappeared because it questions the 'entity' known as Len Colby? (I think Charles may actually be on to some thing here.) In the mean time Len Colby/Brasil or who ever the 'entity' is is mollycoddled by the moderators like something delicate and fragile that needs protection from justifiable questions. Just because his/her bio link isn't broken it all conforms. I don't think so. Evan in no uncertain terms states that Jack has to conform to the rules just like every one else but some how this is not applied to Len. No it is all 'Who can vouch that any one of us here are using their given names?' and 'Surely you are all joking about placing any degree of seriousness in your questioning, aren't you?' and 'What screen name a member here chooses to use on another forum is none of our business. It has nothing to do with what Len posts here. ' But according to Jack there was a Len Brasil posting here. What is going on here? Is the Emperor wearing clothes?

Oh, I think I "get " everything quite well. Look, we have a set of rules on this Forum. Lately we moderators have been asked to enforce these, and that is waht we are doing. By the way if your avatar is not improved your posts will be blocked as well.

As a reminder here are Forum rulesn (John Simkin):

On the 12th November I posted a message about the behaviour of members.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=2224

This in itself has been taken over by personal bickering. I have therefore decided to make a new statement about the aims and objectives of this forum and to stress the kind of behaviour that we expect from members.

JFK Forum

The main objective of this forum is to bring together researchers into the assassination of John F. Kennedy. It is hoped that this forum will enable researchers to share information they have acquired about the case. In this way, the forum will become a major way of communicating information about the assassination to the wider community (we have a far larger number reading the forum than those posting information).

Rules of the JFK Forum

(i) All members have to provide a biography. A link to this biography should be added to their signature (see below for instructions how to do this).

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1471

(ii) All members should use a photograph of themselves as an avatar (see below for instructions how to do this). If you still find you have problems with this please email me and I will help you with this.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1861

(iii) Wherever possible, members should give references (books, documents, etc) concerning the comments that they make. This will help those carrying out academic research into this area.

(iv) Members should not make personal attacks on other members. Nor should references be made to their abilities as researchers. Most importantly, the motivations of the poster should not be questioned. At all times members should concentrate on what is being said, rather than who is saying it. It is up to the reader to look at the biography submitted by the poster, to judge whether they are telling the truth or not. The word “xxxx” is banned from use on the forum.

(v) Members should take care over the accuracy of their postings. This includes spellings, capital letters, etc. This is important as the forum is read by young students and therefore we should not be setting them a bad example. I would suggest you write initially in a word processing program that automatically checks spellings, etc. The finished work can then be copied and posted into the forum.

(vi) Make sure your postings are relevant to the thread. Please start another thread if your comments do not belong to any existing threads.

(vii) When you start a thread please make sure it is relevant to the events surrounding the assassination of JFK. We have other areas of the forum where you can post about Politics, History, Mass Media, Sociology, etc.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=idx

(viii) Members should use the quote function of the forum when replying to people’s posts. To do this click the REPLY button. Pressing this button will allow you to reply to a topic, and have the text from a particular reply quoted in your own reply. This can be edited so that only the relevant passage is included. If you want to reply to several postings, copy and paste the relevant comments into your own answer. To make this clear use the colour options to highlight what someone else is saying. Type in the name of the person after the quotation.

(ix) It helps the reader if the text of your posts goes right across the page. If you find this has not happened, use the EDIT button to make sure it does. I do this for you whenever I can but I find it very time-consuming so I would prefer it if you did it yourself.

(x) There is no need to add your own name to postings. The forum software does this automatically.

Please feel free to add your comments about these rules. I welcome suggestions about other rules we might need. However, do not use this thread to reopen disputes with other members. If you do, they will be deleted.

--------------------

John Simkin

Thank you.

I have even e-mailed Mr. White the instructions on how to proceed with attaching a working bio to his profile, I have had no reply from him, nor has he complied.

If Mr. Burton does not set Mr. White's posts invisible, I will. That is until he complies with the rule regarding his bio.

Antti is a moderator too? Now we have Kathy, Evan and Antii involved in this and none of them want to know if it is really Len Colby or Len Brazil or who he is?

Will someone please provide me a link to Len's bio, as his page says he has no personal statement, that Jack is apparently lacking as well, though I'm pretty sure I know who Jack White is.

Now we have Charles posts being censored by Evan and Antti threatening to censor Jack by making his posts invisible even though we all know who Jack White is.

And the reason Len has to register under his real name is that it is a rule of this forum that the moderators are suppose to enforce, but apparently Kathy thinks its funny, Evan is waiting for John to wake up so he can check and see if he should allow Charles' statement, and Annti thinks its okay for Len to have a handle, or "call sign," when no one else is allowed to use one.

There is a reason why people hide behind such pseudo "call signs" and avoiding responsiblilty is one of them. Engaging in covert operations is another.

Len doesn't need somebody to vouch for him. All he has to do is be square with us.

Bill "Alec Hidell" Kelly

Will someone please provide me a link to Len's bio, as his page says he has no personal statement, that Jack is apparently lacking as well, though I'm pretty sure I know who Jack White is.

As on the bottom of every one of Len's posts:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4878

Works for me - and complies with the Forum rules.

William Kelly Posted Today, 10:26 AM

QUOTE(Antti Hynonen @ Aug 8 2008, 07:57 AM)

Thank you.

Antti is a moderator too? Now we have Kathy, Evan and Antii involved in this and none of them want to know if it is really Len Colby or Len Brazil or who he is?

Now we have Charles posts being censored by Evan and Antti threatening to censor Jack by making his posts invisible even though we all know who Jack White is.

And the reason Len has to register under his real name is that it is a rule of this forum that the moderators are suppose to enforce, but apparently Kathy thinks its funny, Evan is waiting for John to wake up so he can check and see if he should allow Charles' statement, and Annti thinks its okay for Len to have a handle, or "call sign," when no one else is allowed to use one.

There is a reason why people hide behind such pseudo "call signs" and avoiding responsiblilty is one of them. Engaging in covert operations is another.

Len doesn't need somebody to vouch for him. All he has to do is be square with us.

Bill "Alec Hidell" Kelly

Bill,

I have been a moderator since the moderators were initiated on this Forum.

Here's Len's bio:

(it appears at the bottom his each of his posts)

Jack's posts are already being blocked as he has repeatedly failed to attach his bio to his signature on his profile.

A couple of questions:

How do you know that Len is not using his real name on this Forum?

Where is Len using his call sign on this Forum?

Thanks!

Antti

Maggie,

Evan, this is your job not mine. Or John and Andy's. Leave me out of it please.

Would it be appropriate to ask you for proof of your real identity? Perhaps the 100 point check?

Happy to comply if it is required of all.

I think not.

Also:

– adjective

moved to or showing sudden, impatient irritation, esp. over some trifling annoyance: a petulant toss of the head.

[Origin: 1590–1600; < L petulant- (s. of petulāns) impudent, akin to petere to seek, head for]

???

All Jack has to do is abide with the rules of the Forum. Easy. He has been offered every assistance to do so. We are not asking him to do something every other member has to do. He is not being asked to reveal personal information he wishes to remain private. He is being asked to do what every other member here seems to regard as something quite normal. I think the term is accurate.

Yeah, Evan. As long as your bio link works you can use what ever alias you like. Great. Totally impartial. Play the ball not the man. Yeah.

Maggie Hansen Posted Today, 10:39 AM

QUOTE(Evan Burton @ Aug 8 2008, 08:25 AM)

QUOTE(Maggie Hansen @ Aug 8 2008, 05:17 PM)

Maggie,

I think not.

Also:

– adjective

???

Yeah, Evan. As long as your bio link works you can use what ever alias you like. Great. Totally impartial. Play the ball not the man. Yeah.

Quote:"

EB: Maggie,

MH: Evan, this is your job not mine. Or John and Andy's. Leave me out of it please. #"

Maggie we have exactly the same proof that Len is Len as we have that Maggie is Maggie. As far as I can tell we are quite happy with both sets of factual evidence!

Thank you.

Bill "Alec Hidell" Kelly

Bill,

Here's Len's bio:

Jack's posts are already being blocked as he has repeatedly failed to attach his bio to his signature on his profile.

A couple of questions:

Thanks!

Antti

I don't know that Len Colby is not using his real name on this forum. His bio looks pretty good to me too, except I'd like to know the answers to the quesitons posed to him by Tink and John, did he go to colllege with and know who Tink is talking about and is he related to CIA's Colby? And what did happen to his web site?

And is Len Colby his real name and does he use the name Len Brazil elsewhere?

Thanks!

BK

Bill "Alec Hidell" Kelly

Bill,

If you mean to make invisible a post which I believe makes an personal and unfair attack on another member, and which I have referred to the Forum owners for clarification, then I plead guilty.

As to your other point, then I propose the following:

1. All members are required to provide proof of their identity.

2. Proof of identity is to be provided to John Simkin or Andy Walker, the Forum owners.

3. Proof of identity shall be subject to the 100 point check:

PRIMARY DOCUMENTS - 70 Points

* Birth Certificate

* Citizenship Certificate

* Current Passport

* Expired passport which has not been cancelled and was current within the preceding 2 years

* Other document of identity having the same characteristics as a passport including diplomatic documents and some documents issued to refugees

SECONDARY DOCUMENTS - 40 POINTS (MUST HAVE PHOTOGRAPH & NAME)

* Driver licence

* Licence or permit issued under a law of a Government - (e.g. a boat licence)

* Identification card issued to a public employee

* Identification card issued by the a Government as evidence of the person's entitlement to a financial benefit

* An identification card issued to a student at a tertiary education institution

SECONDARY DOCUMENTS - 35 POINTS (MUST HAVE NAME & ADDRESS)

* A document held by a cash dealer giving security over your property

* A mortgage or other instrument of security held by a financial body

* Council rates notice

* Document from your current employer or previous employer within the last 2 years

* Land Titles Office record

* Document from a recognised Credit Reference association

SECONDARY DOCUMENTS - 25 POINTS (MUST HAVE NAME & SIGNATURE)

* Marriage Certificate (for maiden name only)

* Credit Card

* Membership to a Registered Club

* EFTPOS Card

SECONDARY DOCUMENTS - 25 POINTS (MUST HAVE NAME & ADDRESS)

* Electoral Roll record

* Records of a public utility - phone, water, gas or electricity bill

* Records of a financial institution

* A record held under a law other than a law relating to land titles

* Lease/rent agreement

* Rent receipt from a licensed real estate agent

SECONDARY DOCUMENTS - 25 POINTS (MUST HAVE NAME & DATE OF BIRTH)

* Record of a primary, secondary or tertiary education institution attended by you within the last 10 years

* Record of professional or trade association of which you are a member

4. Every member shall indemnify the Forum owners from criminal or civil or other legal action in case of inadvertent or intentional release of personal details supplied by members.

How about that? Every member will be guaranteed to be who they say they are. That should assail any concerns about "non de plumes".

Maggie,

Oh no. John and Andy have applied a standard to every member on this Forum. You are asking that another standard be applied to Len, therefore you should provide supporting evidence why that higher standard should be applied to another member.

I think not.

Also:

– adjective

???

You have a strange definition of the saying, Maggie. Where have I asked Jack to abide by a Forum rule that every other Forum member is not obliged to comply with? In what way am I applying a different standard to Jack? Where have we allowed another member to not provide a biography (excepting, of course, those individuals approved by John or Andy for reasons of privacy)?

Bill "Alec Hidell" Kelly

Bill,

If you mean to make invisible a post which I believe makes an personal and unfair attack on another member, and which I have referred to the Forum owners for clarification, then I plead guilty.

NOW YOU ARE BEING FUNNY.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ASK HIM.

LEN COLBY, IS THAT YOUR REAL NAME OR NOT?

AND DO YOU USE OTHER NAMES LIKE LEN BRAZIL?

AND IT IS OUR BUSINESS IF WE ARE TO INTERACT WITH HIM ON THIS FORUM THE INTEGRITY OF WHICH IS BASED ON HONESTY. OTHERWISE WE ARE PLAYING A GAME.

I WANT TO KNOW WHIICH WAY IT IS.

AND IF HE LIES, AND LEN COLBY AND LEN BRAZIL ARE FAKE NAMES HE USES IN ORDER NOT GET SPAMED, OR WHATEVER OTHER REASONS PEOPLE ARE MOTIVATED FOR PROVIDING FAKE NAMES, THEN HE WILL BE DISCOVERED AND BOOTED.

WHAT'S FUNNY, OR SAD, IS THAT JACK WHITE AND CHARLE ARE THE ONES BEING CENSORED, AND YOU HAVE SO MANY MODERATORS RUNNING AROUND AND NOBODY WANTS TO ASK THE QUESTION.

IS IT LEN COLBY OR LEN BRAZIL OR SOMEONE ELSE?

AND YOU REALLY WENT TO ALOT OF STUPID TROUBLE TO WRITE THE FOLLOWING WHEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ASK LEN THE QUESTION AND HAVE HIM ANSWER IT.

BILL KELLY

As to your other point, then I propose the following:

1. All members are required to provide proof of their identity.

2. Proof of identity is to be provided to John Simkin or Andy Walker, the Forum owners.

3. Proof of identity shall be subject to the 100 point check:

PRIMARY DOCUMENTS - 70 Points

* Birth Certificate

* Citizenship Certificate

* Current Passport

* Expired passport which has not been cancelled and was current within the preceding 2 years

* Other document of identity having the same characteristics as a passport including diplomatic documents and some documents issued to refugees

SECONDARY DOCUMENTS - 40 POINTS (MUST HAVE PHOTOGRAPH & NAME)

* Driver licence

* Licence or permit issued under a law of a Government - (e.g. a boat licence)

* Identification card issued to a public employee

* Identification card issued by the a Government as evidence of the person's entitlement to a financial benefit

* An identification card issued to a student at a tertiary education institution

SECONDARY DOCUMENTS - 35 POINTS (MUST HAVE NAME & ADDRESS)

* A document held by a cash dealer giving security over your property

* A mortgage or other instrument of security held by a financial body

* Council rates notice

* Document from your current employer or previous employer within the last 2 years

* Land Titles Office record

* Document from a recognised Credit Reference association

SECONDARY DOCUMENTS - 25 POINTS (MUST HAVE NAME & SIGNATURE)

* Marriage Certificate (for maiden name only)

* Credit Card

* Membership to a Registered Club

* EFTPOS Card

SECONDARY DOCUMENTS - 25 POINTS (MUST HAVE NAME & ADDRESS)

* Electoral Roll record

* Records of a public utility - phone, water, gas or electricity bill

* Records of a financial institution

* A record held under a law other than a law relating to land titles

* Lease/rent agreement

* Rent receipt from a licensed real estate agent

SECONDARY DOCUMENTS - 25 POINTS (MUST HAVE NAME & DATE OF BIRTH)

* Record of a primary, secondary or tertiary education institution attended by you within the last 10 years

* Record of professional or trade association of which you are a member

4. Every member shall indemnify the Forum owners from criminal or civil or other legal action in case of inadvertent or intentional release of personal details supplied by members.

How about that? Every member will be guaranteed to be who they say they are. That should assail any concerns about "non de plumes".

William Kelly Posted Today, 10:50 AM

QUOTE(Antti Hynonen @ Aug 8 2008, 08:34 AM)

Thank you.

Bill "Alec Hidell" Kelly

Bill,

Here's Len's bio:

A couple of questions:

Thanks!

Antti

I don't know that Len Colby is not using his real name on this forum. His bio looks pretty good to me too, except I'd like to know the answers to the quesitons posed to him by Tink and John, did he go to colllege with and know who Tink is talking about and is he related to CIA's Colby? And what did happen to his web site?

And is Len Colby his real name and does he use the name Len Brazil elsewhere?

Thanks!

BK

Bill, Ok, just for the heck of it, I'd like to know too.

Since we have already asked him these and many other related questions too, and since he has had ample opportunity to answer, but hasn't, should we still pursue this?

I can not think of a Forum rule which we could enforce to make him reply? Can you?

I think this borders with the Forum rule of us not being allowed to inquire the motivations of a member....

I know he uses LenBrazil in his e-mail address, does that help?

Antti