The Education Forum

Muchmore Station Wagon

Don Bailey

The pink station wagon parked parallel with the train in the railyard looks the same as the pink station wagon at the beginning of the Muchmore film. The station wagon in the railyard is parked outside of the parking area in the road. If someone has other pictures or films of the car in the railyard, please let me know. Also the year, make and model of the car would help me.

Don

post-5824-1220426116_thumb.jpg

The pink station wagon parked parallel with the train in the railyard looks the same as the pink station wagon at the beginning of the Muchmore film. The station wagon in the railyard is parked outside of the parking area in the road. If someone has other pictures or films of the car in the railyard, please let me know. Also the year, make and model of the car would help me.

Don

It's a 63 Chevy, Don.

The front grill and lights on the station wagon can be seen in this video at 6:35 to 6:37 and appears to be a 1963 Chevrolet Impala station wagon. When you pause the video you can see the dual headlights on the right and left side of the car.

Pictures of a 1963 Chevrolet Impala station wagon are below.

Don

Mr. BALL - There is parking area behind the School Depository, between that building and your tower?

Mr. BOWERS - Two or three railroad tracks and a small amount of parking area for the employees.

Mr. BALL - And the first came along that you noticed about what time of day?

Mr. BOWERS - I do not recall the exact time, but I believe this was approximately 12:10, wouldn't be too far off.

Mr. BALL - And the car you noticed, when you noticed the car, where was it?

Mr. BOWERS - The car proceeded in front of the School Depository down across 2 or 3 tracks and circled the area in front of the tower, and to the west of the tower, and, as if he was searching for a way out, or was checking the area, and then proceeded back through the only way he could, the same outlet he came into.

Mr. BALL - The place where Elm dead ends?

Mr. BOWERS - That's right. Back in front of the School Depository was the only way he could get out. And I lost sight of him, I couldn't watch him.

Mr. BALL - What was the description of that car?

Mr. BOWERS - The first car was a 1959 Oldsmobile, blue and white station wagon with out-of-State license.

At 12:10, Lee Bowers describes a 1959 Oldsmobile, blue and white station wagon entering the parking lot around the time we see the 1963 Chevrolet, pink and white station heading north on Houston in that direction in the Muchmore film and seen parked parallel with the train after the shooting. Is it possible that Bowers was wrong about the type of station wagon he saw that day? I doubt it… he knows his cars. IMO, some of Bowers WC testimony was altered to hide the real facts about what really happened that day.

Don

Mr. BALL - There is parking area behind the School Depository, between that building and your tower?

Mr. BOWERS - Two or three railroad tracks and a small amount of parking area for the employees.

Mr. BALL - And the first came along that you noticed about what time of day?

Mr. BOWERS - I do not recall the exact time, but I believe this was approximately 12:10, wouldn't be too far off.

Mr. BALL - And the car you noticed, when you noticed the car, where was it?

Mr. BOWERS - The car proceeded in front of the School Depository down across 2 or 3 tracks and circled the area in front of the tower, and to the west of the tower, and, as if he was searching for a way out, or was checking the area, and then proceeded back through the only way he could, the same outlet he came into.

Mr. BALL - The place where Elm dead ends?

Mr. BOWERS - That's right. Back in front of the School Depository was the only way he could get out. And I lost sight of him, I couldn't watch him.

Mr. BALL - What was the description of that car?

Mr. BOWERS - The first car was a 1959 Oldsmobile, blue and white station wagon with out-of-State license.

At 12:10, Lee Bowers describes a 1959 Oldsmobile, blue and white station wagon entering the parking lot around the time we see the 1963 Chevrolet, pink and white station heading north on Houston in that direction in the Muchmore film and seen parked parallel with the train after the shooting. Is it possible that Bowers was wrong about the type of station wagon he saw that day? I doubt it… he knows his cars. IMO, some of Bowers WC testimony was altered to hide the real facts about what really happened that day.

Don

All you car experts out there,

Isn't that a Rambler (station wagon, perhaps?) in the foreground at 5:34?

Edited by Thomas Graves

Also in this video at 6:34 to 6:38 you see two men walking away from the train in front of the 1963 Chevy, pink and white station wagon, the two men are walking towards the camera.

The man on the right resembles the first tramp. (Harrelson)

Edited URL

Edited by Don Bailey

The driver of the station wagon in the Muchmore film is wearing a white jacket or shirt. Who drove the station wagon into a restricted area and parked in an abnormal way outside of the parking lot?

The answer is in the testimony of Emmett Hudson:

Mr. HUDSON - Well there was a young fellow, oh, I would judge his age about in his late twenties. He said he had been looking for a place to park and he walked up there and he said he finally just taken a place over there in one of them parking lots, and he come on down there and said he worked over there on Industrial and me and him both just sat there first on those steps.

The man that ran up the stairs in the Nix film is wearing a white jacket.

Jack Lawrence worked on Industrial at the car dealership that was called the following day to recover an abandoned car in the parking lot from behind the TSBD.

Don

Don,

The events in the parking lot and the railroad yard are interesting indeed. I am not much of a photoanalyst, but do find the numerous witness statements very interesting.

One of the more interesting ones being Officer Joe Smith's encounter with a Secret Service agent (supposedly none were present in Dealey) that day, immediately following the shootings.

Of course this statement was never investigated nor were any attempts made to identify and interview the person claiming to be SS to officer Smith (as far as i know).

Dallas Police Officer Joseph Smith

"After the shooting, Dallas Police officer Joe M. Smith encountered another suspicious man in the lot behind the picket fence [on the grassy knoll]. Smith told the Warren Commission that when he drew his pistol and approached the man, the man "showed [smith] that he was a Secret Service agent." (WC Vol. VII, pg. 535; see interview of Joseph M. Smith, Feb. 8, 1978, House Select Committee on Assassinations (JFK Document 005886).)

"I looked into all the cars and checked around the bushes. Of course, I wasn't alone. There was some deputy sheriff with me, and I believe one Secret Service man when I got there. I got to make this statement, too. I felt awfully silly, but after the shot and this woman, I pulled my pistol from my holster, and I thought, this is silly, I don't know who I am looking for, and I put it back. Just as I did, he showed me that he was a Secret Service agent." (Warren Commission Hearings, Vol. VII, pg.. 531)

http://www.jfklancer.com/ManWho.html

Please see the article in the link above. I don't want to divert the thread too much, but will suggest that perhaps one or more of the "false agents" as described in the piece above, may have been the same indivuals as in one or more of the "suspicious" cars seen in the parking lot and as described by Lee Bowers Jr.

Also the man with the overcoat covering his arm (and a weapon, see link above, Malcolm Summers) could very well be the man seen in the black and white footage taken at the fence immediately following the assassination, this footage also features a shot of Buddy Walters and some footage of a dark liquid seen on the concrete.

The name of this footage/the name of the person recording this escapes me.

Please see the article in the link above. I don't want to divert the thread too much, but will suggest that perhaps one or more of the "false agents" as described in the piece above, may have been the same indivuals as in one or more of the "suspicious" cars seen in the parking lot and as described by Lee Bowers Jr.

Also the man with the overcoat covering his arm (and a weapon, see link above, Malcolm Summers) could very well be the man seen in the black and white footage taken at the fence immediately following the assassination, this footage also features a shot of Buddy Walters and some footage of a dark liquid seen on the concrete.

Thanks Antti,

The Malcolm Couch film shows the man with the dark overcoat over his arm walking in front of the camera and when Couch films the bench and pool of blood area you see another man with a white overcoat over his arm standing on the sidewalk, facing the other man with the dark overcoat over his arm. Both of these men are wearing a white hat. The man with the white overcoat over his arm looks like the man walking away from the crowd in the Hughes film… he was filmed without the white overcoat on his arm.

Don

Don Bailey Posted Today, 01:33 PM

QUOTE(Antti Hynonen @ Sep 17 2008, 03:10 AM)

Thanks Antti,

The Malcolm Couch film shows the man with the dark overcoat over his arm walking in front of the camera and when Couch films the bench and pool of blood area you see another man with a white overcoat over his arm standing on the sidewalk, facing the other man with the dark overcoat over his arm. Both of these men are wearing a white hat. The man with the white overcoat over his arm looks like the man walking away from the crowd in the Hughes film… he was filmed without the white overcoat on his arm.

Don

Don, quite so. Must have been the Malcolm Couch film, I was trying to recall. Malcolm C. has likely caught on film the man with the gun under his overcoat that Malcolm S. had described seeing. Must have been one of the government (IRS or postal inspector) "agents" like the fellow with the dirty hands that made Officer Smith think of an auto mechanic after considering what he had seen.... makes sense that someone inspecting letters or parcels or tax returns has dirty hands.... no?

"Outside the Depository, some witnesses later claimed they ran into Secret Service agents. Since there were no Secret Service agents at Dealey until 1:00 P.M., when Forrest Sorrels returned from Parkland Hospital, could that mean that somebody was impersonating Secret Service agents, indicating a conspiracy? Most of the witnesses later admitted they were mistaken. And immediately after the assassination, different groups of law enforcement officials (most of them having been there to watch the motorcade from nearby government buildings) spread out in Dealey Plaza--they included Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) agents, postal inspectors, officers from the Special Service Bureau of the Dallas Police, county sheriffs, IRS agents, and even an Army intelligence agent. . . . The author has reviewed the 1963 badges for the above organizations, and found that several look alike. Any of those law enforcement officials could have been confused with Secret Service agents. "

(Posner 269)

Mr. Mack kindly corrected Don's and my recollection of the film discussed prior and it is fact the Darnell film, not the Couch film.

His message to me enclosed;

Antti,

The film was shot by WBAP-TV photographer Jimmy Darnell, not WFAA-TV's Malcolm Couch. The Darnell film, which exists only as a first generation print, as far as is known, was recently acquired by The Sixth Floor Museum.