The Education Forum

Has this been documented?

"Just two days before President Kennedy's murder, suspicious activity caught the eyes of two Dallas policemen on routine patrol in Dealey Plaza. The officers observed several men with rifles standing behind the picket fence on the plaza's grassy knoll. The riflemen were participating in mock target practice —aiming their guns over the fence in the direction of the street. By the time the patrolmen reached the area, however, the unidentified men had vanished.

Realizing the significance of this information in the immediate aftermath of the assassination, Dallas police forwarded it to the FBI. But an FBI report on the incident, dated Nov. 26 1963, apparently was not turned over to the Warren Commission. This report — clearly pointing to a conspiracy — was finally made public in 1978 in response to a Freedom of Information request."

(An Excerpt from: Updated: Richard Nixon’s Greatest Cover-Up: His Ties to the Assassination of President Kennedy by Don Fulsom. (10/15/03; updated 09/01/08) Article in Crime Magazine.

The first sentence in the second paragraph indicates that the report of the sighting of gunmen was made prior to the assassination. (i.e; implication that papers were filed on Nov. 20, 1963). Does anyone know if this was, in fact, the case?

Terry Adams

I can't find anything online about it. I emailed the author to see if he can provide any additional information on this FBI report.

"Just two days before President Kennedy's murder, suspicious activity caught the eyes of two Dallas policemen on routine patrol in Dealey Plaza. The officers observed several men with rifles standing behind the picket fence on the plaza's grassy knoll. The riflemen were participating in mock target practice —aiming their guns over the fence in the direction of the street. By the time the patrolmen reached the area, however, the unidentified men had vanished.

Realizing the significance of this information in the immediate aftermath of the assassination, Dallas police forwarded it to the FBI. But an FBI report on the incident, dated Nov. 26 1963, apparently was not turned over to the Warren Commission. This report — clearly pointing to a conspiracy — was finally made public in 1978 in response to a Freedom of Information request."

(An Excerpt from: Updated: Richard Nixon’s Greatest Cover-Up: His Ties to the Assassination of President Kennedy by Don Fulsom. (10/15/03; updated 09/01/08) Article in Crime Magazine.

The first sentence in the second paragraph indicates that the report of the sighting of gunmen was made prior to the assassination. (i.e; implication that papers were filed on Nov. 20, 1963). Does anyone know if this was, in fact, the case?

Terry Adams

I posted something on this: http://coverthistory.blogspot.com/2005/08/...plaza-from.html

"The two patrol officers did not give much thought to the incident at the time, but after the assassination of the President two days later, they reported the incident to the FBI, which issued a report of it on November 26."

Thanks for that information, Gary. Sadly, I feel that this information was passed over as was so many statements made by other "confused witnesses". It did not fit the JEH scenario, so there was no place for it, IMO.

Terry