The Education Forum

Requirement to Reregister

To John Simkin:

John, I just found your message about the need to re-register, but I am unsure how to navigate to the appropriate location to do so. Could you send me a message with fairly specific guidance, please and thank you.

My apologies for the behavior of the right wing in this country. It will make the up coming election very interesting.

I am going to be in the UK from 26 Aug to 7 Sep, in Scotland. Hence, I will be out of touch for a while. Please give me a chance to get back into the registry if I get cut out, as I hope to be more active after I return from your side of the pond. Keep up the good work as some of us over here do appreciate the Forum.

Add my home e-mail address to my package if you are able to do that from your end, and I will look for messages there: drjamowbray@msn.com

Thanks again,

J. A. Mowbray

Professor, Air War College

Air University,

Maxwell AFB, Alabama 36112-6427

USA

james.mowbray@maxwell.af.mil

Two options here:

1) Goto http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00 and open a new account

2) E-mail / PM one of the administrators (John, Andy and Richard) and ask them to alter your username. They can change it from 'jam' to something such as 'J Mowbray'.

Option 2 is the better route for the individual user as it prevents confusion on their part - though the downside is that if all members went for this option, the admin team would be rather busy making amendments.

James you have had your user name changed to James A. Mowbray.

John will you change my user name? I can't change it by reregistering with the same mail address.

please change to hubert schoot

huub

Hi John, I recieved your e mail about re-registering. I am already registered as jane shepherd so do I need to re-register? I also contributed a biography when i registered originally so do i need to do this again. Dorry to hear that some of our more looney american cousins saw fit to behave like idiots. And they call themselves the land of free speech? I think not these days anyway. It seems to me that life becomes ever more resticted and confusing ! Sorry for ranting on.

I would be grateful if you could let me know wether I need to re-register. Jane Shepherd

shepherd_jane@hotmail.com

Hi John, I recieved your e mail about re-registering. I am already registered as jane shepherd so do I need to re-register? I also contributed a biography when i registered originally so do i need to do this again. Dorry to hear that some of our more looney american cousins saw fit to behave like idiots. And they call themselves the land of free speech? I think not these days anyway. It seems to me that life becomes ever more resticted and confusing ! Sorry for ranting on.

I would be grateful if you could let me know wether I need to re-register. Jane Shepherd

shepherd_jane@hotmail.com

Jane,

there is no need for you to reregsiter - your account is fine as it stands

James you have had your user name changed to James A. Mowbray.

John will you change my user name? I can't change it by reregistering with the same mail address.

please change to hubert schoot

huub

Well not being a total ict-illeterate I for some reason cannot reregister? I keep getting kicked out of the forum, on trying to reregister!?  :unsure:

Help!  :(

Marco,

You do not need to re-register. Just need to add your biography. To do this go to:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=37

Click “NEW TOPIC” (top right). Give the thread your actual name.

Then post a brief biography.

When posted take a note of its URL at the top: For example, my one is:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=1365

Now go to My Controls (top right)

Now click “Edit Signature” (under Personal Profile on the left of the screen).

Type in Biography and paste in the URL (see above).

John

When the forum started members were asked to post a brief biography in one thread. This was done by many members. Unless I'm mistaken, this then became a requirement.

Is this requirement just for new members or does it apply to people who have already posted in the biographies thread following the original set of rules?

When the forum started members were asked to post a brief biography in one thread. This was done by many members. Unless I'm mistaken, this then became a requirement.

Is this requirement just for new members or does it apply to people who have already posted in the biographies thread following the original set of rules?

Just link to your original biography from your signature and that will be fine. See my signature for an example.

Many existing members have reposted their biographies as new topics but there is no real need to do this if you posted in the original thread.

There is no change other than we are enforcing the rules more consistently. New members will not be given a password unless they supply a biography and register using their real name. Only members can view the board by logging in and a number of IPs implicated in the recent attack have been blocked.

The idea about re-posting the biography is to give yourself a URL that you can add to your signature. It then becomes clear who has or has not provided a biography. If you don’t wish to do this you can provide a link to the original URL. However, that will give a link to the biographies of several different people.

The idea about re-posting the biography is to give yourself a URL that you can add to your signature. It then becomes clear who has or has not provided a biography. If you don’t wish to do this you can provide a link to the original URL. However, that will give a link to the biographies of several different people.

Actually each individual post in the original thread has its own url already. For instance this is mine. Members just need to navigate to their original post and look to the top right for the post number and click on it.

Either way however is fine :unsure: