The Education Forum

RFK Secret Subcommittee

My thesis that those who pulled off the Dealy Plaza operation had previously been involved with and utilized elements of the Valkarie plan to assassinate Hitler seems to include getting the victim to sign off on the Continunity of Government plans that was used in the operation.

In both Ultimate Sacrifice and Legacy of Secrecy, Lamar Waldron makes specific references to documents and witness recollections that RFK had adopted similar contingency plans in case US officials were assassinated, and such an attack was expected.

Of course Lamar has a bug up his arse about RFK, who okayed the plans for a coup in Cuba (read plans for a Coup in Dallas), approved the CIA raiders who were invovled, knew his covert operatives were involved in the murder of JFK, controlled the autopsy and directed the coverup and the continued secrecy today.

So it was a contingency in case Castro learned of Bobby's treachery and decided to kill a US official that sparked RFK to conveine his special secret subcommittee to draw up plans in case of Castro's retaliation, but Lamar never gets around considering that the JCS and the CIA and the same people formulating these plans for a coup in Cuba were the same people pulling off the coup in Dallas.

I can't find any of the records that are listed in the Notes on line.

Can anybody else find them or have copies of the original documents, so we can read them without filtering out Lamar's anti-RFK BS?

Introduction to Ultimate Sacrifice, p. 6.

"...In 1963, the public would have been shocked to learn that two months before JFK was shot in Dallas, US officials under the direction of Robert F. Kennedy began making contingency plans to deal with the "assassination of American officials." 16

"In the event of an assassination (expected to happen only outside the US), these contingency plans would have mandated certain security measures, and, as this book documents, such principles would be applied to and responsible for much of the secrecy surrounding the JFK assassination."

"Robert Kennedy and the others making the contingency plans were concerned only about possible retaliation by Castro for C-Day. They failed to consider the threat from others the Attorney General had targeted, especially Mafia bosses Carlos Marcello, Santo Traficante, and Johnny Rosselli. The Kennedys and key aides had gone to great lengths to keep the Mafia out of C-Day..."

Notes, p. 806:

16. From the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, NLK 78-473, declassified 5-6-80

Legacy of Secrec, p. 24. Chapter 2.

"...Today, the vast majority of Americans have no idea that in the days and weeks before JFK's trip to Dallas, Bobby Kennedy had a secret subcommittee developing plans for what to do if a US official were assassinated. The development of 'Contingency Plans' for dealing with the possibile 'assassination of American officials' grew out of planning for the coup, and involved many of the same officials. This planning had begun in September 1963, to deal with the possible retaliation by Castro, if he learned that JFK and Bobby were plotting to overthrow him. However, since some of the officials working on these Congingency Plans didn't know about Almeida, they no doubt view the issue far differently, and with far less urgency, than the few who did. Only three of the many files this subcommittee generated have been declassified, though we also spoke with two members of the Kennedy administration who were familiar with the plans." 13

Notes 13, p.790 Department of the Army documents dated 9-14-63 and 9-27-63, provided by the State Department, in SSCIA record number 157-10005-10372 dated 3-27-76,declasified 2-18-94. [bK note: 157 series dated 76 are Church/Rock Com records]

"One of the sources was an official who worked on the plans but had not been told about Commander Almeida. The other source wasa Kennedy aide who saw the plans after they wre drafted, but also knew about Almeida and the imminent coup."

"While declassified plans show that the subcommittee believed the 'assassination of American officials' to be 'likely' in the fall of 1963, they considered the assassination attemts 'unlikely in the US.'" 14.

Notes. 14 Ibid, 11-12-63 the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, NLK 78-473, declassified 5-6-80.

P. 25, Chapter 2.

"....To avoid those problems, the Kennedy aide cautiously indicated some of the conditions necessary for JFK to make an informed, reasoned response to the apparent assassination of a US official in Latin America. First, the US would need to control and limit initial publicity to keep the news media fro generating an outcry for an immediate militar response against Cuba. To protect Almeida, any possible links between the assassination and the coup plan would have to be hidden from the press. US investigating agencies would need to take control of the investigation from local authorities as soon as possible, including gaining possession of important evidence. The autopsy would have to be conducted at a secure US military facility, to ensure that information couldn't be leaked to the press. All of this would give JFK the time and the information needed to make an appropriate response."

Edited by William Kelly

William, this is from the Charles Donald Ford thread you started some time ago...

---

Knowing from Power's 1997 book review in the NYRB and his more recent book that my main nemesis - Max Holland, Black Slyde Hersh, Sam Halpern and others on the Dark Side were on to Charles Donald Ford, and were saying that he was the CIA man from JM/WAVE who RFK sent on missions like getting the mob to kill Castro, I wondered why they didn't quote Ford directly. After all, they've been chasing Ford for ten years before I even heard of him, and certainly must have gotten the NARA docs that were released by the JFK Act.

Then when Robert Howard sent me the one doc, which referers to others, I could understand why the Dark Siders dropped Ford like a hot tamale. He didn't back their thesis that RFK ordered Ford to get the mob to kill Castro.

As Ford himself says:

6. We spent a great deal of time going over my meetings with the Attorney

General and his interest in a small group of Cubans who claimed to have

supporters ready to create an uprising in Santiago Province. This is the

case described in paragraph 3 of my earlier memorandum. The investigators

were quite interested in the identity of the man whom I saw at the

request of the Attorney General. I went over this again in as much

detail as I could remember, but without being able to recall who this

man was........

17. This is probably the appropriate point to underline my conviction

that the main, if not the only point of concern to the investigators

is whether I was directed to sally forth and initiate contact with

members of the underworld in the U.S. and who directed me to do so.

Their interest is even more pointedly focused on whether I had anything

to do with the Rosselli, Giancana, et al, "operations." Once again, I

explained that my job was broader than this by a longshot and that I

was never directed to take the initiative in establishing contacts with

the "underworld." I said that "several," probably no more than five

or six, of the people with whom I dealt were "somewhat" shady characters

in some cases with recorded "run-ins" with law enforcement agencies.

Charles D. Ford Chief of Training Services Staff, OTR

From the NARA Riffs of C.D. Ford docs released under JFK Act, there is the one doc from OSS days, 1945, in which Ford is sent to China with J. Walton Moore.

The significance of the Ford-Moore association in the OSS has yet to be properly reviewed, but I would think it important, especially if they maintained their association and perhaps even friendship, up to and including 1963.

If DeMorhenschildt asked Moore, his Domestic Contacts Division CIA debriefer, about LHO and Moore checked and came back and said LHO "was okay," that would presumably be a check with DC.

If DeMorn also told Moore about LHO, the rifle and the Walker shooting, then that would or could explain how Dr./Col. Jose Rivera (USAR) in DC knew LHO was suspect in the shooting in April 1963, within weeks of it happening and seven months before the Germans would break the news.

Of course that would presume an association/connection between Moore and Rivera that's yet to be established.

It is more than fascinating that J.W. Moore and J.D. Ford were associated as far back as 0SS in 1945.

So there is a LHO-DeMorn-Moore-Ford connection that is less than six degrees of separation.

Does anybody else see anything in this?

------

Have they still dropped Ford in the new book? If so what other specific people do they try to use to place fingerprints for a Castro assassination on Bobby's corpse? How do they mention the secret Howard and French Journalist back channel to Castro in relation to these alledged attempts?

a different take:

The way that Kennedy tended to operate was slowly and thoughtfully, allowing a great deal of latiude to participants in groups, often led by RFK, such as the preparations pre missile crisis. Lots of brainstorming while JFK took a ringside seat. He would then hear all the arguments, weigh them and come to a conclusion, which at times would be that further plan explorations/research are needed.

In the C.I.A. war on Cuba, which JFK inherited, (and after Castro spoke that Dulles should be sacked etc, JFK did indeed sack him), many low and some high C.I.A. officials were killed.

"In the event of an assassination (expected to happen only outside the US), these contingency plans..."

could be about the

"US officials under the direction of Robert F. Kennedy began making contingency plans to deal with the "assassination of American officials.""

ie. including CI.A. officials.

It strikes me that, while negotiating normalisation, JFK was wise enough to consider all eventualities and delegated this particular to RFK. ie it may have nohing to do with Dallas at all? Among other things that Kennedy was doing was what Castro called the only viable threat to the revolution was Kennedy's "implementation of the Alliance for Progress"

wiki "In March 1961, President Kennedy proposed a ten-year plan for Latin America:

" ...we propose to complete the revolution of the Americas, to build a hemisphere where all men can hope for a suitable standard of living and all can live out their lives in dignity and in freedom. To achieve this goal political freedom must accompany material progress...Let us once again transform the American Continent into a vast crucible of revolutionary ideas and efforts, a tribute to the power of the creative energies of free men and women, an example to all the world that liberty and progress walk hand in hand. Let us once again awaken our American revolution until it guides the struggles of people everywhere-not with an imperialism of force or fear but the rule of courage and freedom and hope for the future of man."

The program was signed at an inter-American conference at Punta del Este, Uruguay, in August 1961. The charter called for:

- an annual increase of 2.5% in per capita income,

- the establishment of democratic governments,

- the elimination of adult illiteracy by 1970

- price stability, to avoid inflation or deflation

- more equitable income distribution, land reform, and

- economic and social planning."

These were the very type of things Castro fought for, particularly wealth redistribution, true democracy and thus grassroots economic and social planning, literacy, and land reform. So it became a war for the hearts of Latin America on which Cuba depended heavily during the dangerous early days. Dulles, Goldwater et al, were on the other hand Hawks that ignored or were stupid/misguided enough to be ignorant of the vast Moral Authority the Cuban revolution had throughout much of the world, and the consequences of Direct Action. Or they were not ignorant of the consequences at all and did desire a global showdown. Cuba is a tiny country with a tiny population, so obviously it's not Cuba per se that is the enemy, but rather the antithesis of Capital dominance.

I'm sure Kennedy's approach correctly included contingency plans re. the successful implementaion of his A. for P.

(Mike, thank you for elaborating on you hypothesis.

regards, John.)

Edited by John Dolva