The Education Forum

Failed Assassination Attempts

I didn't know about the MLK earlier attempts.

There was a programme on cable recently about the assassination attempts on Hitler; there were over 40!

I didn't know about the MLK earlier attempts.

There was a programme on cable recently about the assassination attempts on Hitler; there were over 40!

The most important plot to kill Hitler was the Valkyrie (July 20, 1944) plot, that is directly related to Dealey Plaza.

Also, some of the failed plots to kill Castro include some of the same people responsible for the assassination of JFK.

The plot to kill Castro in Venezuela in the early 70s, using anti-Castro Cubans and assassins posing as TV journalists, included "Maurice Bishop" (aka David Atlee Phillips) and Antonio Veciana and related others.

The "Contingecy Plans for a Coup in Cuba" included many contingecies, including the assassination of JFK.

BK

The article left out the attempt on Ford by Sarah Jane Moore, only 17 days after Fromme's attempt. (That Nelson Rockefeller was a persistent old cuss.) I still wonder, if Fromme and Moore were patsies (I'm not saying they were, but in any assassination attempt the possibility must be considered), how they got manipulated, what the possible connections were to the powers that be. (Fromme allegedly tried to kill the president in order to impress Charles Manson. Sound familiar?)