The Education Forum

The Houma Arms Cache Raid Revisited

For my money, if it was just Schlumberger, one can make a case that it might have been either CIA or something more innocent, like oil company explosives, notwithstanding some type of CIA contact with the company.

But if it was Interarmco, that waves a flag for me. If so, it's hard to see it as innocent.

On the other hand, God bless Novel, but from my own contact, I take what he says with great caution.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam Cummings - Interarmco

Some of the boxes of arms, ammo and explosives removed from the Houma bunker bore the stamps INTERARMCO and SCHLUMBERGER.

Schlumberger reportedly owned the bunker and its contents, while Interarmco was a company owned by Sam Cummings, another Philadelphian who was recruited by the CIA for his knowledge of firearms and who became the broker of arms to revolutionaries and governments, including those in Guatemala and Cuba.

Most published reports reflect that the arms were intended to be used during the Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba, but weren't used and transferred to the New Orleans office of Guy Bannister, David Ferrie's apartment and on to Florida.

It's possible however, as other reports indicate, the arms were to be used by the OAS in their assassination and coup attempt against Charles DeGaul. DeMenil and his wife (nee Schlumberger), were French, and their company was headquarterd in Paris until the Nazi invasion, when they moved to Cuba and then Houston, because of their oil industry contacts.

While David Ferrie and his cohorts are subjects of interest because of their associations with the accused assassin, Jean DeMenil - the alleged victim of the Houma burglary, (for which he is said to have reported as a theft for insurance purposes), also knew the accused assassin and testified before the Warren Commission.

I had hoped that Linda Miner would give us a deep background rundown on the DeMenils and Cummings and their connections to the assassination, as I'm sure it would put things in better perspective.

Before getting to DeMenil however, here's an obit for Sam Cummings, whose company name Interarmco was stamped on some of the crates moved from the Houma bunker.

The DeMenils are even more interesting.

BK

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/05/05/world/sa...rand-scale.html

Samuel Cummings, the world's biggest small-arms dealer, died on April 29 in Monaco after a series of strokes. He was 71 and had long reigned as the undisputed philosopher-king of the arms trade.

In a world marked by secrecy, deception, swindles and scams, Mr. Cummings stood out. He was open, had a reputation for honesty, and was a genial connoisseur of the profit found in political violence.

''The arms business,'' he told an interviewer in 1989, ''is based on human folly, and folly has yet to be measured nor its debths plumbed.'' His biographers limned him as a pleasant and law-abiding merchant of death.

His company, Interarms, did $100 million worth of business in a good year, and over the course of four decades it had many. It dealt guns and ammunition to dictators, despots, revolutionaries and counter-revolutionaries -- and, in one notable case, to both sides in a Central American guerrilla war.

Any government or guerrilla movement needing 30,000 automatic rifles in a hurry could dial Interarms' telephone numbers in Alexandria, Va., or Manchester, England, and take delivery in days subject to cash and certain licensing niceties.

Born of well-to-do British parents in Philadelphia in 1927, Mr. Cummings collected his first gun when he was 5 years old. He recalled finding a rusting German machine gun in the trash outside an American Legion post, tossing it in his little red wagon and dragging it home. It was, he remembered, love at first sight.

After a stint in the Army at the close of World War II, Mr. Cummings graduated from George Washington University and studied briefly at Oxford. In 1950 he began his true post-graduate education: he joined the fledgling Central Intelligence Agency, which provided him with more guns than he ever dreamed of.

For four years, with the cold war at its peak, Mr. Cummings was the agency's most cunning arms dealer. Masquerading as a Hollywood producer buying guns for the movies, he snapped up $100 million worth of surplus German arms on the cheap in Europe and shipped them to Chinese Nationalist forces in Taiwan.

Seeing the fantastic profit that could be made in such deals, he left the C.I.A. in 1953 and, at the age of 26, founded Interarms. The next year the agency mounted a coup in Guatemala and installed a right-wing colonel loyal to the United States. Mr. Cummings got the contract to arm the new Government.

Mr. Cummings did not discourage speculation that he maintained ties to the C.I.A.; for example, he named one of his subsidiaries Cummings Investment Associates, and let people draw their own conclusions.

Mr. Cummings dealt with almost anybody, drawing the line only at Muammar el-Qaddafi of Libya and Idi Amin of Uganda. He sold Communist Chinese rifles to flag-waving American sportsmen. He sold weapons to the right-wing Cuban dictator Fulgencio Batista and his left-wing successor, Fidel Castro.

He made millions from the apartheid regime in South Africa; from the United States, Britain, Austria, France, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Israel, and many other nations across the Middle East and Latin America. He owned the United States franchise for Walther pistols, the handgun favored by Ian Fleming's fictional secret agent, James Bond.

He made a fortune by foreseeing passage of the 1968 Gun Control Act, which banned imports of military weapons into the United States. Months before it became law, he went on a global shopping spree, stockpiling 700,000 weapons in his huge warehouse on the banks of the Potomac River in Virginia, a few miles from the Pentagon.

''At that moment,'' he told an interviewer, ''we could have instantly overwhelmed the American armed forces.''

Mr. Cummings moved to Europe at that time, becoming a British subject and establishing residences at a chateau in the Swiss Alps and in the tax haven of Monte Carlo.

He maintained his headquarters in Virginia, which he visited less frequently in recent years. He also bought a lavish estate in the hunt country west of Washington, Ashland Farms, which was used primarily by his daughters, Diana and Susan Cummings. They survive him, as does his wife, Irma.

In September, Susan Cummings, 35, was charged with murder in the shooting death of her lover, Roberto Villegas, an Argentine polo player, who died of multiple gunshot wounds at Ashland Farms.

Still attempting to feed this garbage to someone Bill?

Some of the boxes of arms, ammo and explosives removed from the Houma bunker bore the stamps INTERARMCO and SCHLUMBERGER.

Post #1

The cases the arms were stored in were said to be labeled either “SCHULMBERGER” or “INTERARMCO,” the company owned by Sam Cummings, the Philadelphia arms merchant who supplied the guns for many a revolution in South and Central America.

Someone needs to make up their mind as to exactly what lie that they are attempting to sell.

Factually! It is most doubtful that the boxes would have been marked either way. Rather, they would most probably have been labeled with the name of the explsoive manufacturing company who made the (what was in all probability) booster charges.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/ripples.htm

The Banister-as-gunrunner theory was first prominently advanced in "The Garrison Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy," a January 1968 Ramparts article written by unofficial Garrison investigator William W. Turner.(178) Turner references an article in the New Orleans States-Item of April 25, 1967, reporting "that a reliable source close to Banister said he had seen 50 to 100 boxes marked 'Schlumberger' in Banister's office-storeroom early in 1961 before the Bay of Pigs.(179) The boxes contained rifle grenades, land mines and unique 'little missiles.' Banister explained that 'the stuff would just be there overnight . . . a bunch of fellows connected with the Cuban deal asked to leave it there overnight.'"(180)

Of course, this refers to the arms stolen from the Schlumberger Well corporation by Banister associates David Ferrie, Sergio Arcacha Smith, and others, but not Banister himself.

What is the La Fontaines' source for the claim that the "gun-happy"(181) Guy Banister was a member of "the gunrunning New Orleans right wing"(182) -- one of the "gunrunning . . . right-wing subversives"(183) that Oswald "was likely sent to the Crescent City to inform on"?(184)

They cite no source whatsoever. The closest they seem to come would be in their allusions to the "arms camp"(185) by Lake Pontchartrain, for which Banister "had probably himself been one of the major facilitators."(186) They cite no source for this claim, either.(187)

===============================================================================

P.S.

Jean DeMenil - the alleged victim of the Houma burglary, (for which he is said to have reported as a theft for insurance purposes), also knew the accused assassin and testified before the Warren Commission.

1. By law, anyone in possession of a license to purchase explosives is required to report the theft of any of the explosives.

2. Can you post the exact location at which Jean DeMenil's testimony before the WC is located?

P.P.S. Personally, I do not consider the unsupported statements of a former "Christmas Tree Salesman" as being indicative of some fantastic "Secret Agent".

But then again, I am not lost down in some rabbit hole either.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+

Name: HOLIDAY TREES CORPORATION

Type Entity: Business Corporation

2008 Annual Report/Reinstatement form is required in order to reinstate Print Annual Report/Reinstatement Form For Filing

Mailing Address: BOX 1900, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70150

Domicile Address: BOX 1900, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70150

File Date: 11/08/1961

Registered Agent (Appointed 11/08/1961): GORDON NOVEL, 124 LAKE AVE

Registered Agent (Appointed 11/08/1961): MRS. ALBERT LOUIS RIVIERE, 124 LAKE AVE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gordon Novel, great "Spook"/CIA Contract Agent!

Selling Christmas trees with his mother for a living in November 1961.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/ripples.htm

The Banister-as-gunrunner theory was first prominently advanced in "The Garrison Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy," a January 1968 Ramparts article written by unofficial Garrison investigator William W. Turner.(178) Turner references an article in the New Orleans States-Item of April 25, 1967, reporting "that a reliable source close to Banister said he had seen 50 to 100 boxes marked 'Schlumberger' in Banister's office-storeroom early in 1961 before the Bay of Pigs.(179) The boxes contained rifle grenades, land mines and unique 'little missiles.' Banister explained that 'the stuff would just be there overnight . . . a bunch of fellows connected with the Cuban deal asked to leave it there overnight.'"(180)

The La Fontaines' feelings about Big Jim seem to be fairly well spelled out in one particular section of their book, a section that also happens to demonstrate the kind of scholarly methodology the La Fontaines and Jim Garrison seem to share.

"Whatever may be said about Garrison's mistakes, and they were legion," the La Fontaines state, "the DA was on a fertile path. He had zeroed in on the early sixties occupants of the Newman Building at 544 Camp Street [sic], and on participants in the burglary of an arms bunker near Lake Pontchartrain [sic] in 1961." (The 1961 heist took place in Houma, south of New Orleans, not by Lake Pontchartrain, north of New Orleans. Either way, the authors never state precisely what significance the 1961 Houma heist could have had to the assassination investigation.) In addition to David Ferrie, they note, there was one man who "fit both categories"(249) -- "Sergio Arcacha Smith."(250)

According to Furiati, "Jim Garrison followed a trail that led to the contraband weapons business: a mission conducted by David Ferrie at an air base in Houma, a town in Southern Louisiana. The men entered an explosives depot of the Schlumberger Corporation, and took munitions which were then taken to New Orleans."

Ferrie was along for the burglary in Houma, but it was Gordon Novel's idea, and Ferrie only knew Novel through Sergio Arcacha Smith. Contrary to what one reads in many books, the Houma heist was nothing more than a simple burglary (see endnote 175).

Some of the munitions were indeed taken to New Orleans, but quickly shipped to exiles in Miami or Cuba.

"Schlumberger was a large French company which served petroleum producers all over the world and which supported the OAS (Secret Army Organization), a French counter-revolutionary body supported by the CIA."

Furiati has things a little backwards. While Schlumberger has been linked to the OAS by some, the CIA's support has hardly been confirmed, and at any rate, Novel and company were stealing weapons from a bunker belonging to Schlumberger.

Novel's image as a CIA operative is entirely self-cultivated. A CIA internal memorandum reads, "Garrison has falsely stated that Gordon D. Novel was a CIA agent and that one of his lawyers, Stephen Plotkin, was paid by CIA. Garrison says he can prove that Novel, along with Arcacha Smith and others, robbed a munitions bunker at Houma, Louisiana at the instigation of CIA. Garrison may claim that this robbery was one of the overt acts of the conspiracy. Actually, Novel has never at any time had any association with the Agency nor has his lawyer, Stephen Plotkin (CIA Memorandum of September 29, 1967, "Clay L. Shaw's Trial and the Central Intelligence Agency).

Novel was making the whole thing up: Double-Check had been used to launder funds for a group of widows of Bay of Pigs pilots, but was cut loose after being exposed in David Wise and Thomas Ross's 1964 book, The Invisible Government (FBI 61-109060-5361, 5315; A. J. Weberman Web site). Novel would later claim that the boxes were stamped with the name of a well known former CIA proprietary, InterArmco (Davy, 25), while Vernon Gerdes saw several dozen boxes from the burglary and says they were marked "Schlumberger" (House Select Committee on Assassinations, Outside Contact Report, Vernon Gerdes, January 10, 1978; New Orleans States-Item, April 25, 1967).

For my money, if it was just Schlumberger, one can make a case that it might have been either CIA or something more innocent, like oil company explosives, notwithstanding some type of CIA contact with the company.

But if it was Interarmco, that waves a flag for me. If so, it's hard to see it as innocent.

On the other hand, God bless Novel, but from my own contact, I take what he says with great caution.

I hear both of Tom's posts - Novel living with mother and selling Christmas trees, and La Fontaine's excerpt - but why quote La Fontaines if they don't even know what direction Houma is?

I take what both Novel says and La Fontaine's say with a grain of salt.

I also believe the internal CIA memos that Novel was not CIA, and neither was the Houma bunker material.

But I certainly didn't make up the fact that it has been reported in more than one place that the boxes taken from Houma bunker were stamped "INTERARMCO" and "SCHLUMBERGER," both of which would make sense, and leads worth pursing.

Nor do I think that the Houma Yahoos had anything to do with the operation that took place at Dealey Plaza, other than the participant's association with the accused assassin in New Orleans and de Menil's association with Oswald in Dallas.

However, because of their association with Oswald, the Houma Yahoo characters and de Menil may have helped set up the Patsy.

That's why it is worth looking into de Menil and Schlumberger.

I was also wrong, in an earlier post, that John de Menil testified before the Warren Commission. I thought I read his testimony, but I was mistaken. He is mentioned in the testimony of Paul Raigorodsky, who recommended de Menil to de Mohrenschildt as a possible investor for an oil project.

WCH Vol. IX Paul M. Raigorodsky p. 16

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...absPageId=18824

Mr. Jenner: Who is Mr. John De Menil?

Raigorodsky: Mr. John De Menil is a very close friend of mine. He is the financial head of Schlumberger Co. and when I wouldn’t go with George in the deal, he asked me to give him any suggestion as to who may be interested, so I suggested John De Menil beause the Schlumberger Co. is a worldwide organization and they deal with every country in the world – you know what I am trying to say?...

I think I have also found a direct connection between de Menil and JFK.

BK

It used to be, back in the good old days, that original research was rewarded by contributions by James Richards, who would have supplied a photo of participants,

BK

Anyone have a photo of Francisco Antonio Bartes-Clarens (Frank Bartes)?

Regards,

Peter Fokes,

Toronto

Guest Tom Scully

I don't think this has been posted, pardon me if it already has been:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Hcd4AAAAM...1#search_anchor

A heritage of stone

By Jim Garrison

Page 112

(Snippet search word, "Algeria".)

....During the rebellion of the French generals in Algeria, the Schlumberger Company, a French corporation, seems to have been receiving

ammunition from a source in the United States and storing it in its bunkers in an old Houma, Louisiana blimp base. When the French

rebellion was over, the ammunition became surplus. David Ferrie and others from the Banister menage arrived at the blimp base one night,

removed the hand grenades, shells, and explosives, and brought them back to 544 Camp Street for shipments to Florida.

Coincidentally, the president of the Schlumberger Company in 1963 was Jean de Meril. De Meril was a friend of George de Mohrenshildt,

Lee Oswald's most frequent companion on his return to Dallas from Russia....

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...mp;relPageId=38

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...mp;relPageId=39

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=485834

Mary Ferrell Chronologies, Volume 5 - November 23, 1963 - Forward pg 96

Found in: Mary Ferrell Chronologies

blackmail in mind [possibly the alleged marriage of JFK to Blauvelt descendant former wife of St Louis Firmin Desloges which family associated with deMenil's] Did he think this might be a threat

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=484886

Mary Ferrell Chronologies, Volume 2 - 1960 to June 1963 pg 61

at Montgomery-Ward on July 27 or 28 The bank's honoring endorsement shows July 3_ 1962 All of Oswald's pay vouchers are found on 122/63 ( 24:338,883) July 27 1962 deMohrenschildt writes to deMenil

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=484889

Mary Ferrell Chronologies, Volume 2 - 1960 to June 1963 pg 64

posts it on August 14 Oswald gives 2703 Mercedes Fort Worth as his address (18:316 22:86,122 says 7313 Davenport.) (zL:ILR) August 7 1962 deMohrenschildt writes to deMenil from Dallas

Edited by Linda Minor

I don't think this has been posted, pardon me if it already has been:
http://books.google.com/books?id=Hcd4AAAAM...1#search_anchor

A heritage of stone

By Jim Garrison

Page 112

(Snippet search word, "Algeria".)

....During the rebellion of the French generals in Algeria, the Schlumberger Company, a French corporation, seems to have been receiving

ammunition from a source in the United States and storing it in its bunkers in an old Houma, Louisiana blimp base. When the French

rebellion was over, the ammunition became surplus. David Ferrie and others from the Banister menage arrived at the blimp base one night,

removed the hand grenades, shells, and explosives, and brought them back to 544 Camp Street for shipments to Florida.

Coincidentally, the president of the Schlumberger Company in 1963 was Jean de Meril. De Meril was a friend of George de Mohrenshildt,

Lee Oswald's most frequent companion on his return to Dallas from Russia....

It would be interesting if DeMenil and Schlumberger supported the revolt of the French generals against DeGaul, which took place around the same time as the Bay of Pigs - April 1961, and the Houma arms were destined for them rather than the Cubans.

Before the Catherwood Foundation's ties to the CIA were revealed, Catherwood served as a cover for some CIA Mockingbird assets in South and Central America (Visions), and with the Columbia University graduate school of journalism, issued the Columbia-Catherwood Award for excellence in journalism.

The 1962 award went to the New York Times reporter who covered the revolt of the French Generals and the crisis in Algeria.

A member of the OAS group who were attempting to kill DeGaul met with the CIA in DC in April of 61.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

"Kennedy's Algerian Dilemma : Containment Alliance Politics, and the 'Rebel Dialogue' "

- Jeffrey A. Lefebvre

http://www.jstor.org/pss/4284004

"Kennedy's Algerian Dilemma : Containment Alliance Politics, and the 'Rebel Dialogue' "

- Jeffrey A. Lefebvre

SCHLUMBERGER WELL

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=2

CIA

104-10522-10107

Enclosure 24

SUBJECT: The SCHLUMBERGER Well Surveying Corporation

1. There are extensive CIA traces on this company and on various persons connected with it, but none of this information is pertinent to the GARRISON investigation.

2. A report of 20 April 1967 from the New Orleans office of the FBI states that a confidential source who is a representative of a well-known news media said on 20 April that Gordon NOVEL had reportedly stated that he was employed by CIA and that the Houma burglary was not an actual burglary. He contended that CIA had an arrangement with the SCHLUMBERGER Co., (see below) to keep ammunition, bomb casings, and other material in the bunker, leased by SCHLUMBERGER. He said that he and Sergio ARGACHA Smith were still employed by CIA. “The source advised that according to information developed to date Schulmberger became upset over the Bay of Pigs invasion and wanted to get out of their contract with the CIA.” Arrangements were made about three months after the …invasion for the…material…to be taken by Novel and his group.”

3. The Domestic Contact Service (DCS) informed CI/R&A on 27 April 1967 that the New Orleans office of the SCHLUMBERGER Well Surveying Corporation is a branch of the main office in Houston, Texas. The company, however, is French-owned. The DCS office in New Orleans was in touch with Charles A. DOH, district manager of the New Orleans SCHLUMBER office, in order to interview him about a business trip to Rome in June 1955. There has been no subsequent contact. However, the DCS has been and still is in touch with SCHLUMBERGER and Co. in Houston and subsidiary offices elsewhere. The most recent of such contacts occurred on 22 March 1967 in Minneapolis. All contact must be approved by the main SCHLUMBERGER office. Because of French control, DCS dealings with this firm have been circumspect.

4. The Office of Security also advised on 27 April 1967 that questioning of four employees of the Office of Logistics has shown that the only arms bunker in the New Orleans area used by CIA was the Bella Chase Ammunition Depot, a deactivated Navy Installation eight miles from New Orleans. There is no present reason to believe that the Agency has been associated in any way with the Houma Air Base bunker.

12 December 1967

SUBJECT: SCHLUMBERGER WELL SURVEYING CORPORATION

(See Houma Munitions Bunker – Leased by Subject firm)

ALLEGATION:

GARRISON has charged that the burglary of the Houma munitions bunker was “CIA inspired.” He issued arrest warrants for Gordon NOVEL and Sergio ARACHA SMITH charging them with the Houma burglary.

CIA CONNECTIONS:

CIA had no connection with the alleged burglary of the Houma Munitions Bunker or any connection with the bunker itself. However, Pierre SCHLUMBERGER, president of the SCHLUMBERGER CORPORATION, was of contact interest in 1950 for routine exploitation as a foreign intelligence source. The FBI advised they had no objection to the Agency’s interrogating Pierre SCHLUMBERGER who was an alien. In 1962 DAYSTROM, INC. was acquired by SCHLUMBERGER INC. The Agency had a contract with DAYSTROM for an unclassified item [ REDACTED ]

Agency interest was classified secret. SCHLUMBERGER, LTD is a Dutch firm controlled by French nationals. After the merger, it was determined that future relationships with DAYSTROM must be governed by Agency policy not to place classified contracts with a foreign firm. In 1963 the same decision was reached concerning Agency constructs with Electro-Mechanical Research, Inc., a subsidiary of SCHLUMBERGER, LTD. EMR dealt in all phases of telemetry. Contact clearances for other personnel of SCHLUMBERGER are set out below.

OS INDICES RESULTES:

The SCHLUMBERGER COMPANY was the subject of a name check in 1947 because of a covert request, and it was determined that there are a number of ….corporations in Latin ….which are dominated by French nationals. SCHLUMBERGER has a patented operation for an oil well “shooting” service which is subscribed to by various oil companies. The SCHLUMBERGER WELL SURVEYING CORPORATION in Houston was controlled by Henri Georges DOLL, a French national. He was of contact interest in 1956 and 1957. His wife is the daughter of Conrad SCHLUMBERGER.

In March 1953 the SCHLUMBERGER file reflects that an FBI source furnished information that one Maurice Henri MARTIN, employed as an engineer by the SCHLUMBERGER Company, Paris, France, received a letter dated 27 July 1951 at Moscow from one Siegfied Stefanovitch MOROSOFF, asking MARTIN for specialized information concerning geophysics. The letter requested that MARTIN’s reply be forwarded to Moscow through an intermediary. From January 1932 until April 1937 MARTIN represented the SCHLUBERGER Company in Russia as an engineer, and it was thought that the correspondence from MOROSOFF may represent a Soviet attempt to resume contact with MARTIN and develop clandestine relations with him. The FBI conducted an investigation dated June 1953 and determined that Maurice Henri MARTIN resided at Nod Hill, Wilton, Connecticut and was employed by the SCHLUMBERER Well Surveying Co., Ridgefield, Connecticut. Informants advised that although MARTIN was strongly nationalistic toward France, he gave every indication of being anti-Russian and there was no evidence of CP activities.

When DAYSTROM, INC. merged with SCHLUMBERGER, LTD., research was done on the directors and officers of SCHLUMBERGER, LTD. The results are as follows:

OS indices reflect a record on Dillon ANDERSON, a trustee of Electro-Mechanical Research, Inc. (a subsidiary of SCHLUMBERGER, LTD.) who was also a proposed trustee of “NEW DAYSTROM” when it merged with SCHLUMBERGER. ANDERSON is an attorney from Houston, Texas who was appointed by President EISENHOWER as an advisor to the National Security Council from 1953 until 1956. He was considered for a special clearance in August 1955 but the briefing was not given. He was granted a covert clearance in December 1953 and April 1954 [ REDACTED]

Pierre SCHLUMBERGER, President and Chief Executive Officer, SCHLUMBERGER, LTD., Houston, Texas, French citizen, was of contact interest in 1950.

Charles C. PARLIN, Director of SCHLUMBERGER, LTD., and a member of the law firm of SHEARMAN, STERLING and WRIGHT, Englewood, New Jersey, U.S. citizen, was of contact interest in 1962 but was security disapproved. PARLIN was allegedly the boy friend of Johanna BEKER who was in contact with known Soviet Agents, ROBERT and JACK SOBEL. BEKER advised the FBI in 1957 that she received, paid for and transmitted to Robert SOBLE, OSS information which was given her by two former OSS employees. She also advised the FBI in 1957 that she had given a very general outline of her activities to PARLIN and it is reliably reported that PARLIN and BEKER shared a hotel room in Holland in 1957. PARLIN recommended a William Woart LANCASTER for OSS employment. LANCASTER was a member of the same law firm as PARLIN and had a long record of Communist front affiliations. PARLIN in 1956 traveled to Russia as a member of a delegation under the sponsorship of the National Council of Churches. He was also the lawyer for a Swiss armament industrialists who sold arms to the Nazis and the Communist countries since that time.

Clark Drouillard GOODMAN, Vice-President of SCHLUMBERGER, Ltd., Houston, Texas, U. S. citizen, was security disapproved for use by TSD in 1952 and for contact use in 1955 based on his support of Professor Dirk STRUIN, a colleague at MIT, who was indicted on a charge of having been a Communist conspirator and identified as a Communist Party member. In March 1959 the same derogatory information was furnished the Contact Office to be considered in determining any use of GOODMAN. Also, a book written by GOODMAN’s wife, May Ellen GOODMAN, was favorably reviewed by the ‘DAILY WORKER’ in 1956.

Jean C. LEGRAND, Vice-President of the SCHLUMBERGER WELL SURVEYING CORPORATION, Ridgefield, Connecticut (U.S. citizen, naturalized Houston, Texas 1941) was approved for contact use in May 1957. His file is clear. There is a notation that one Mrs. J.C. LEGRAND, 5319 Randell Street, Houston, Texas, in November 1944 was President of the Houston Chapter, France Forever, The Fighting French Committee in America.

Everett STRATON, Sales Manger, Houston Area, SCHLUMBERGER WELL SURVEYING Corporation, Houston, Texas, U.S. citizen, was security approved (CAUTION) for contact use in October 1950. His file is clear.

Daniel SCHLUMBERGER, French citizen, archeologist and teacher at the University of Strasbourg, France in 1955, was granted an operational approval [REDACTED] in April 1950 but the clearance was cancelled 20 September 1956. His file is clear. However, in the file on Nicholas NAGAN, French Film maker, and suspected Soviet agent, which contains a detailed study of the inter relationships and family connections existing in French firms, information on Daniel SCHLUMBERGER is contained therin. Daniel SCHLUMBERGER, a member of the SCHULUMBERGER WELL SURVEYING CORPORATION was head of the French Archeological Delegation in Afghanistan (1948-1954). An associate of Daniel SCHLUMBERGER was Raoul CURIEL of a wealthy Jewish banking family in Cairo, Egypt. Raoul and his brother, Henri Curiel had Communist background and their mother was sent to George…..Soviet spy who defected to Russia. ..

- Jeffrey A. Lefebvre

SCHLUMBERGER WELL

12 December 1967

SUBJECT: SCHLUMBERGER WELL SURVEYING CORPORATION

(See Houma Munitions Bunker – Leased by Subject firm)

ALLEGATION:

GARRISON has charged that the burglary of the Houma munitions bunker was “CIA inspired.” He issued arrest warrants for Gordon NOVEL and Sergio ARACHA SMITH charging them with the Houma burglary.

CIA CONNECTIONS:

CIA had no connection with the alleged burglary of the Houma Munitions Bunker or any connection with the bunker itself. However, Pierre SCHLUMBERGER, president of the SCHLUMBERGER CORPORATION, was of contact interest in 1950 for routine exploitation as a foreign intelligence source. The FBI advised they had no objection to the Agency’s interrogating Pierre SCHLUMBERGER who was an alien. In 1962 DAYSTROM, INC. was acquired by SCHLUMBERGER INC. The Agency had a contract with DAYSTROM for an unclassified item [ REDACTED ]

Agency interest was classified secret. SCHLUMBERGER, LTD is a Dutch firm controlled by French nationals. After the merger, it was determined that future relationships with DAYSTROM must be governed by Agency policy not to place classified contracts with a foreign firm. In 1963 the same decision was reached concerning Agency constructs with Electro-Mechanical Research, Inc., a subsidiary of SCHLUMBERGER, LTD. EMR dealt in all phases of telemetry. Contact clearances for other personnel of SCHLUMBERGER are set out below.

OS INDICES RESULTES:

.....When DAYSTROM, INC. merged with SCHLUMBERGER, LTD., research was done on the directors and officers of SCHLUMBERGER, LTD. The results are as follows:

OS indices reflect a record on Dillon ANDERSON, a trustee of Electro-Mechanical Research, Inc. (a subsidiary of SCHLUMBERGER, LTD.) who was also a proposed trustee of “NEW DAYSTROM” when it merged with SCHLUMBERGER. ANDERSON is an attorney from Houston, Texas who was appointed by President EISENHOWER as an advisor to the National Security Council from 1953 until 1956. He was considered for a special clearance in August 1955 but the briefing was not given. He was granted a covert clearance in December 1953 and April 1954 [ REDACTED]

Pierre SCHLUMBERGER, President and Chief Executive Officer, SCHLUMBERGER, LTD., Houston, Texas, French citizen, was of contact interest in 1950.

Charles C. PARLIN, Director of SCHLUMBERGER, LTD., and a member of the law firm of SHEARMAN, STERLING and WRIGHT, Englewood, New Jersey, U.S. citizen, was of contact interest in 1962 but was security disapproved. PARLIN was allegedly the boy friend of Johanna BEKER who was in contact with known Soviet Agents, ROBERT and JACK SOBEL. BEKER advised the FBI in 1957 that she received, paid for and transmitted to Robert SOBLE, OSS information which was given her by two former OSS employees. She also advised the FBI in 1957 that she had given a very general outline of her activities to PARLIN and it is reliably reported that PARLIN and BEKER shared a hotel room in Holland in 1957. PARLIN recommended a William Woart LANCASTER for OSS employment. LANCASTER was a member of the same law firm as PARLIN and had a long record of Communist front affiliations. PARLIN in 1956 traveled to Russia as a member of a delegation under the sponsorship of the National Council of Churches. He was also the lawyer for a Swiss armament industrialists who sold arms to the Nazis and the Communist countries since that time.

SO CHARLES C. PARLIN IS A DIRECTOR OF SCHLUMBERGER AND REPRESENTS THE NATIONAL COUNCIL OF CHURCHES, AND IS DISAPPROVED BY CIA SECURITY BECAUSE HIS GIRLFRIEND, JOHANNA BEKER, PASSED ON OSS INFO (OR DISINFO?) TO THE RUSKIES THROUGH ROBERT AND JACK SOBEL. JACK SOBEL WAS CONVICTED OF ESPIONAGE AND SENTENCED TO SEVEN YEARS IN 1957.

ALL INTERESTING ENOUGH, BUT THEN, HERE'S PARLIN GIVING A SPEECH AT AMERICAN U. ON JUNE 9, 1963, THE DAY BEFORE JFK'S COMMENCEMENT SPEECH. NOW ISN'T THAT A COINCIDENCE?

http://dspace.wrlc.org/view/ImgViewer?url=...ifest/2041/5681

Edited by William Kelly

Arms Caches delivered by infiltration teams (1963-1966).

Lynch, Grayston

Contact Report

104-10130-10059

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/....do?docId=40253

c. Infil Teams: After the Bay of Pigs invasion, Lynch worked with infiltration teams. The Agency worked with these teams from roughly 1963 to 1966.

They were in two categories. The first were unilateral teams, training and sponsored by the Agency.

The other category was “political” teams – that is political groups in southern Florida who were sponsoring infiltrations into Cuba.

The Agency helped this latter category by giving them supplies. In the case of both, they usually made caches in Cuba. The unilateral team, as an example, would make a cache on-island, and another group would pick it up and use it (compartmentation).

In some cases, teams (both unilateral and political) would not actually make the cache and keep the material in Florida, to be used later at their own convenience.

In addition, Lynch was positive that some of Castro’s troops obtained some of these caches, due to foul-ups and snitches. These caches contained pistols, rifles and heavier, money and demolitions.

Some of these teams cheated by going to the Bahamas and burying their stuff on small islands and reporting back to Florida that they had cached in Cuba. Lynch stated several times that there was no effective control over the “political” groups and therefore no control over the material given them.

From this, we may surmise that Agency equipment (demolition included) was in the hands of anti-Castro Cubans in south Florida, as well as Castro’s Rebel Army on-island.

d. Brigade Training: Further to demolition training to Anti-Castro Cubans, Lynch reminded me that shortly after the Brigade was ransomed from Cuba, Brigade leaders were taken to Palm Beach and talked with President Kennedy. At that time, the US Government offered Brigade members the chance to join the U.S. army. This also included infil team members, who were completely separate from the Brigade, and members of the Brigade airforce. The Army end of this training was given at Ft. Benning, Georgia and began in early 1963….

• 4 months later...

Lynch, Grayston

Contact Report

104-10130-10059

c. Infil Teams: After the Bay of Pigs invasion, Lynch worked with infiltration teams. The Agency worked with these teams from roughly 1963 to 1966.

They were in two categories. The first were unilateral teams, training and sponsored by the Agency.

The other category was “political” teams – that is political groups in southern Florida who were sponsoring infiltrations into Cuba.

The Agency helped this latter category by giving them supplies. In the case of both, they usually made caches in Cuba. The unilateral team, as an example, would make a cache on-island, and another group would pick it up and use it (compartmentation).

In some cases, teams (both unilateral and political) would not actually make the cache and keep the material in Florida, to be used later at their own convenience.

In addition, Lynch was positive that some of Castro’s troops obtained some of these caches, due to foul-ups and snitches. These caches contained pistols, rifles and heavier, money and demolitions.

Some of these teams cheated by going to the Bahamas and burying their stuff on small islands and reporting back to Florida that they had cached in Cuba. Lynch stated several times that there was no effective control over the “political” groups and therefore no control over the material given them.

From this, we may surmise that Agency equipment (demolition included) was in the hands of anti-Castro Cubans in south Florida, as well as Castro’s Rebel Army on-island.

d. Brigade Training: Further to demolition training to Anti-Castro Cubans, Lynch reminded me that shortly after the Brigade was ransomed from Cuba, Brigade leaders were taken to Palm Beach and talked with President Kennedy. At that time, the US Government offered Brigade members the chance to join the U.S. army. This also included infil team members, who were completely separate from the Brigade, and members of the Brigade airforce. The Army end of this training was given at Ft. Benning, Georgia and began in early 1963….

This may not be the ideal place to post this but as long as it is in the general topic of conversation, I suppose I will be forgiven.

Home/Archive/Documents/JFK Assassination Documents/JFK Documents - Central Intelligence Agency/HSCA Segregated CIA Collection/HSCA Segregated CIA Collection, Box 42/

NARA Record Number: 104-10106-10511

AMORES, ACELO PEDRO AKA PEDROSO, (AMORES) ACELO (SEE ALSO LAUGHLI, RICHARD J.) (SEE ALSO STUDENT REVOLUTIONARY DIRECTORATE) (SEE ALSO HEMMING, GERALD P.) (SEE ALSO SCHLUMBERGER WELL SURVEYING CORP.)

While not all of the allegations about LaCombe were true, it seems the name of Pedro Acelo Amores wasn’t one of them, it also seems he was involved in Ops in Africa, in the Congo Area, which has to be at least peripherally related to the Belgian/CIA assassination of Patrice Lumumba, but I'll be the first to admit that is a speculative observation....

BTW I don't care what anybody says, Weisberg's Oswald in New Orleans is about as definitive a source re Novel and Cuban exiles, as I can think of...See for yourself MFF has the live index for the book.

Lynch, Grayston

Contact Report

104-10130-10059

This may not be the ideal place to post this but as long as it is in the general topic of conversation, I suppose I will be forgiven.

Home/Archive/Documents/JFK Assassination Documents/JFK Documents - Central Intelligence Agency/HSCA Segregated CIA Collection/HSCA Segregated CIA Collection, Box 42/

NARA Record Number: 104-10106-10511

AMORES, ACELO PEDRO AKA PEDROSO, (AMORES) ACELO (SEE ALSO LAUGHLI, RICHARD J.) (SEE ALSO STUDENT REVOLUTIONARY DIRECTORATE) (SEE ALSO HEMMING, GERALD P.) (SEE ALSO SCHLUMBERGER WELL SURVEYING CORP.)

While not all of the allegations about LaCombe were true, it seems the name of Pedro Acelo Amores wasn’t one of them, it also seems he was involved in Ops in Africa, in the Congo Area, which has to be at least peripherally related to the Belgian/CIA assassination of Patrice Lumumba, but I'll be the first to admit that is a speculative observation....

BTW I don't care what anybody says, Weisberg's Oswald in New Orleans is about as definitive a source re Novel and Cuban exiles, as I can think of...See for yourself MFF has the live index for the book.

Also from the Hey! What's this Got to do with It Department, veteran researchers are no doubt familiar with the Castro did it documents, practically everywhere in the declassified documents, well, the most famous post assassination group was Cuban Power, in 1972 there was a convergence in Florida, but it wasn't of the harmonic kind....

It was practically an old reunion, if you look at it dispassionately...lol

Read as follows.

PS If you ever want to see some real pulp fiction on the Castro did it theme read the historical record re Rudolfo Gongora post National Enquirer 1967; the guy was, and continued to be a raving lunatic, so much for a credible witness as to those Castro assassination teams sent to kill JFK....lol

PROFILES OF ORGANIZATIONS EXPECTED TO ATTEND THE 1972 POLITICAL CONVENTIONS

Reference: Dade County Public Safety Department (PSD) files. This was part of a larger collection of documents pertaining to the 1972 Presidential Conventions held on Miami Beach.

NOTE: Many of the names contain questionable spelling. No effort was made to change the spelling given in the original document. Only the Cuban and related organizations are listed below.

I. Organizations which are believed to be coming to the National Political Conventions as of May 22, 1972.

A. Organizations which may be violent or may engage in non-violent, but unlawful activities.

1. VIETNAM VETERANS AGAINST THE WAR (VVAW)

2. CUBANS

3. MINUTEMEN

4. PEOPLE'S COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE (PCPJ)

5. FLORIDA PEOPLE'S COALITION (FPC)

6. SUNSHINE RESISTANCE

7. SAN DIEGO CONVENTION COALITION (SDCC)

8. MIAMI LIBERATION FRONT

9. PROGRESSIVE LABOR PARTY - WORKER'S ACTION MOVEMENT

10. YOUTH INTERNATIONAL PARTY (YIP)

11. CONGRESS FOR RACIAL EQUALITY

12. WEATHERMAN

B. Organizations which it is believed will engage in peaceful Activities.

1. NATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR WOMEN

2. NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF COLORED PEOPLE

3. STUDENT MOBILIZATION COMMITTEE

4. WOMEN'S INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE FOR PEACE AND FREEDOM

5. PEACE ACTION COALITIONS

6. AMERICAN FRIENDS SERVICE COMMITTEE

7. CONCERNED CLERGY AGAINST THE WAR

8. CONCERNED DEMOCRATS

9. BROWARD PEOPLE FOR PEACE

10. SNOWPLOW

11. PEOPLE'S PARTY

C. Organizations, whose impact or plans are unknown, which will probably be present at the DEMOCRATIC and/or REPUBLICAN CONVENTIONS.

1. WAR RESISTERS LEAGUE

2. WAR TAX RESISTERS

3. GAY ACTIVIST ALLIANCE

4. GAY LIBERATION FRONT

5. YOUNG WORKER'S LIBERATION LEAGUE

6. ANTI-WAR UNION

7. NEW DEMOCRATIC LEAGUE

8. STUDENTS FOR A DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY - WORKER/STUDENT

ALLIANCE

9. UNITED FARM WORKERS

10. LABOR FOR PEACE

11. NATIONAL WELFARE RIGHTS ORGANIZATION

12. SOUTHERN CHRISTIAN LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE

13. PUSH

14. MINUTEMEN OF THE LEFT

15. UNITED KLANS OF AMERICA (UKA)

II. Organizations who have the potential to plan activities at either or both of the Conventions, but as of May 22, 1972, have not announced any plans.

1. COMMUNIST PARTY USA

2. PAN AFRICAN LIBERATION LEAGUE

3. FLORIDA MINORITIES COALITION

4. FLORIDA BLACK FRONT

5. CRY OF BLACK YOUTH

6. GAINESVILLE RESEARCH COLLECTIVE

7. LEGION OF JUSTICE

8. MALCOLM X UNITED LIBERATION FRONT

9. JUNTA OF MILITANT ORGANIZATIONS

10. JEWISH DEFENSE LEAGUE

11. NATIONAL SOCIALIST WHITE PEOPLE'S PARTY

12. YOUNG SOCIALIST ALLIANCE

13. BLACK LIBERATION ARMY

14. THE EXTERMINATORS

III. Groups which are believed will not attend the Conventions.

1. VENCEREMOS BRIGADE

2. REVOLUTIONARY ACTION MOVEMENT

3. RED BALLOON COLLECTIVE - NEW YORK

4. SOCIALIST WORKERS PARTY

5. WHITE PANTHERS

6. CITIZENS COORDINATING COMMITTEE

7. LEAGUE OF BLACKNESS

8. UNITED WHITE PEOPLE OF AMERICA

9. BLACK MUSLIMS

A. Organizations which may be violent or may engage in non-violent, but unlawful activities

THE CUBAN GROUP

A. Purpose

Anti-Castro terrorist activity for the long-range purpose of returning to a free Cuba

B. Tactics

1. Militant

2. Arson

3. Guerrilla warfare

4. Protest marches

5. Bombings

6. Explosives - dynamite

7. Tear gas

8. Firearms

9. Extortion

10. Kidnaping

11. Publication of a newspaper, Replica

C. Chapters (Miami-based)

1. CUBAN POWER #1

2. CUBAN POWER #2

3. SECRET ANTI-COMMUNIST ARMY (ESA)

4. GUERRILLA TACTICAL CORP (GCT)

5. CONGRESS FOR THE LIBERATION OF CUBA (CLC)

6. SEVENTH OF DECEMBER

7. LA MANO BLANCA (THE WHITE HAND)

8. TACTICAL COMBAT GROUP

9. ALL FOR CUBA

10. CITIZENS COMMITTEE FOR A FREE CUBA

11. CUBAN NATIONALIST MOVEMENT

12. ALPHA 66 is the most militant of the anti-Castro groups.

13. CUBAN REPRESENTATIVES IN EXILE (RECE) is a non-terrorist anti-Castro group.

D. Leaders and members

1. GUILLERMO MIGUEL, DOB 4/21/30

2. FRANCISCO ALABAU TRELLES is head of the UNITARY INVASION

Movement and was former Cuban Supreme Court Justice.

3. JOSE De La TORRIENTE launched the unsuccessful "TORRIENTE

PLAN" against Cuba; he now heads CLC.

4. ANDRES NAZARIO SARGEN is secretary-general of ALPHA 66.

5. OMAR BASCO SATO-PUJAR, Cuban male, DOB 2/28/44, 5'6",

140 pounds, brown hair and eyes, is a member of CUBAN POWER #2.

His last known address was 27 N.W. 47 Street, Miami, Florida; he is

assigned FBI #978 678 D and Dade Public Safety Department #95805.

6. ENRIQUE A. MAURIE, Cuban make, DOB 3/1/48, 5' 9 1⁄2" , 160 pounds,

was last known to live at 1875 N.W. 16th Street, Miami, Florida. He is assigned

FBI #103 649 G and Dade Public Safety Department #106665.

7. ORLANDO BOSCH (AVILA), Cuban male, DPOB 8/18/26, Las Villas, Cuba,

5'10", 170 pounds, black hair and brown eyes, is head of the CUBAN POWER #1

(which is not associated with CUBAN POWER #2). BOSCH is assigned

FBI #265 393 F and INS Registration #A11-881-810.

a. Associates of BOSCH

1. ANDRES JORGE GONZALEZ, also known as BONBILLO, Cuban

male, DPOB 11/17/31, Havana, Cuba, 5'8", 175 pounds, dark brown hair and brown

eyes. Gonzalez is assigned Dade Public Safety Department #6031 and INS

Registration #A12-478-993.

2. BARBARA BOLAN GARCIA, Cuban female, DPOB 4/1/36, Cuba, 5'7", 127

pounds, brown hair. GARCIA is assigned FBI #869 572 F, Dade Public Safety

Department #102046, and INS Registration #A12-834-910.

3. JOSE ANTONIO MULET GONZALEZ, DPOB 12/31/21, Santiago de Cuba, 5'8",

145 pounds, GONZALEZ is assigned FBI #285 522 F and INS Registration

#A11-268-291.

4. MARCO RODRIGUEZ RAMOS (MARCANA), Cuban male, DPOB 6/16/44,

Camaguey, Cuba, 5'8", 160 pounds, black hair, brown eyes. Last known address was

735 Southwest 1 Street, Miami, Florida. ROMOS is assigned FBI #279 439 and

INS Registration #A13-358-487.

b. Unconfirmed members of CUBAN POWER #1:

1. PAULINO GUTIERREZ VIDAL, Cuban male, DOB 6/22/23. Last known address

was 1029 Southwest 18th Avenue, Apt. #4, Miami, Florida.

2. CONCEPTION GERVILIO GUTIERREZ, Cuban male, DOB 1/1/36. Last known

address was 3030 Northwest 19th Street, Miami, Florida.

3. LUIS CARLOS BERTOT DUBROCZ, Cuban male, DOB 12/4/36. Last known

address was 910 Northwest 29th Avenue, Miami, Florida.

4. HECTOR CORNILLOT, Cuban male, DOB 10/27/38, head of CUBAN POWER

#2. Last known address was 1022 Southwest 11th Street, Miami, Florida.

CORNILLOT is assigned FBI #742 605 C.

c. Members of CUBAN POWER #2:

1. BRUNO GARCIA (CARENAZ), Cuban male, DOB 1/7/45, 5'11", 165 pounds,

black hair, brown eyes. Last known address was 1110 Northwest 26th Street, Miami,

Florida. GARCIA is assigned FBI #533102 F and Dade Public Safety Department

2. CARLOS GARCIA (CARENAZ), Cuban male, DOB 7/16/41, 140 pounds, black

hair, brown eyes.

3. JUAN GARCIA, also known as CHAVO (CARENAZ), Cuban male DOB 3/29/38,

5'7", 140 pounds, black hair, brown eyes. Last known address was 5780 Southwest

60th Avenue, Miami, Florida.

4. MIGUEL ANDRES DIAZ, Cuban male, DOB 11/10/45, 5"9", 157 pounds, brown

hair and eyes. Diaz is a recruiter for CUBAN POWER #2. Last known address was

65 Southwest 9th Street, Miami, Florida.

5. RICARDO MORALES (NAVARETTE), Cuban male, DOB 6/14/39, 195 pounds,

black hair, brown eyes. Last known address was 9632 Northwest, 5th Street, Miami,

Florida. Morales is assigned FBI #335140 G, and Dade Public Safety Department

6. RENALDO CANTIN, DOB 8/17/44, 112 pounds, brown hair, blue eyes.

7. JUAN TORRES , alias JOSE CASTILLO, Cuban male, DOB 6/24/28, 5'5", 167

pounds, brown hair, brown eyes. CASTILLO is assigned FBI #455663E, and Dade

Public Safety Department #114846. TORRES was last known to reside at

524 W. Flagler Street, Miami.

8. JUAN JORGE EL CHAVO GARCIA, Cuban male, DOB 3/29/38, 5'10", 155

pounds, black hair and brown eyes, is allegedly a heavy financial back four CUBAN

POWER. His last known address was 10 S.W. 49 Avenue, Miami, Florida. He is

assigned FBI #228510 G, Dade Public Safety Department #109357.

9. ALEJANDRO ROSADO GARCIA, alias CARDENAS , Cuban male, DOB 11/9/28,

5'4", 145 pounds, brown hair and eyes , is a member of CUBAN POWER.

GARCIA'S last known address is 561 S.W. 1st Street, Miami, FL; he is assigned

FBI 822 564 F and Dade Public Safety Department #100680.

10. RAMIRO INFANTE GONZALEZ, Cuban male, DOB 11/28/41, 5'6",150 pounds,

brown hair and black eyes, is a member of the CUBAN POWER and a firearms

expert. His last known address was listed as 320 S.W. 8 Street, Miami. GONZALEZ

is assigned FBI #481 666 D and Dade Public Safety Department #117122.

11. EVILIO ALPIZAR, Cuban male, DOB 10/27/31, 5'6", 155 pounds, black hair an

brown eyes, is a member of CUBAN POWER. He is assigned FBI #241 014 D,

Dade Public Safety Department #33745, address 3625 N.W. 11 Street, Miami,Florida.

12. DANIEL "DANNY" SANTOVENIA, Cuban male, DOB 3/27/33, 5'9,165 pounds,

salt and pepper hair, brown eyes, is a member of CUBAN POWER. SANTOVENIA

is assigned FBI #416 711 E, Dade Public Safety Department #41139, address

310 East 21 Street, Hialeah, Florida.

13. JOSE MAS [Canosa] is a military coordinator for RECE.

E. Weapons

1. 50 caliber machine guns

2. Rifles

3. Carbines

4. Home-made bombs

F. Tag numbers

Unknown

G. Current activity

Reportedly, the Miami Cuban community has a force of 600 - 1000 men trained in guerrilla warfare and they are well armed and equipped for spontaneous organization. The Cubans are expected to be active at the DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION. The Cuban community newspaper recently gave front-page support for Governor GEORGE WALLACE.

H. Information needed

1. Specific activity planned at the Conventions

2. Confirmation of the strength of the Cuban groups

3. What weapons are being confiscated for possible use at the Conventions

4. Tag numbers

End of Page

It is a pet theory of mine this was probably the model for the Irate US Citizens ie Republican Party grinches that descended on Dade County regarding those hanging chads in 2000. lol

Edited by Robert Howard

Ferrie was also interested in obtaining a Douglas C-47 Skytrain transport (also known as a "Gooney Bird.") He may also have been interested in narcotics at this time.

Stephen, do you have any additional info on Ferrie's interest in narcotics?

It's very sketchy right now. There are 2 or 3 people from that era who gave statements in the 1961-1969 period that Ferrie might have had some connection to narcotics. There is a strange letter found in Ferrie's effects (entitled Dear Bastard) that clearly refers to drugs. His friend, the late Mo Brownlee was arrested on drug charges several times. And several people I interviewed said that they had heard that he dabbled in drugs at one time, or that his personality changed in about 1962, possibly relating to drugs.

On the other hand, no drugs were found in searches in 1961, 1963 or 1967. And a few friends say that "the boys" played with drugs, but that Dave didn't. But he was close to the Marcello gang, and they were involved in drug trafficking.

I think Bill Nitschke told HSCA that he thought Ferrie might have been trafficking. And the Vincent Bonomo murder case might have a drug angle. Ferrie was tangentially involved. But more than a few of Gill's clients had drug troubles, and Ferrie worked for Gill.

Hey Steve, We interviewed a woman in New Orleans a few years back who knew well, Ferrie, Novel and others . She had met them through her boyfriend. One day (late 62" early 63"), Ferrie shows up at their house and tells the "boyfreind" that he "wants to show him something" They all go down the driveway to Ferrie's car, whereupon Ferrie opens the trunk and displays a large pile of weapons lying in the trunk. Numerous rifle's and various sidearms were stacked full.

This woman became very concerned and went back upstairs saying "I don't even want to know where those came from !"

When her boyfreind returned, he told her to never mention what she had just observed, she complied. This woman is the real deal. I could relate more but since Novel is still around......I'll choose to hold back.

Ferrie was indeed running weapons....... and God knows what else.

-Bill

• 11 months later...

Schlumberger Heir conned out of $160,000 a month for six years by computer repairman?

"You can't cheat an honest man, and an honest man won't cheat you." - Linguist David Maurer (The Big Con, 1940)

Is this really a conspiracy or are these people just crazy?

http://www.theregist...r_malware_scam/

A pair of US conmen managed to swindle $6m from a jazz pianist through one of the strangest virus-related blackmail scams imaginable.

The odd tale began after the great-grandson of an oil industry tycoon, jazz pianist Roger Davidson, brought his PC in for repair back in August 2004, believing it to bevirus-laden. Computer repairman Vickram Bedi, 36, from Chappaqua, New York,first stung Davidson for inflated data retrieval costs and charges - alsotelling him his machine had infected others in the repair shop.

Bedi and his girlfriend Helga Invarsdottir, 39, then cooked up a far more ambitious and implausible scam. The duo teamed up to claim they had discovered evidence that Davidson's life was in danger while disinfecting Davidson's machine.

Invarsdottir, posing asa CIA agent, claimed a Polish priest affiliated with Opus Dei had put out a contract on Davidson, a bizarre idea that would stretch credulity even in a Dan Brown novel. She subsequently tricked the gullible Davidson, 58, into handingover $160,000 a month in "protection money", paid through regular payments to Bedi's Mount Kisco, New York store.

The scheme ran for a scarcely believable six years before it unravelled - we suspect after a relative of Davidson got wind of the scam - and the authorities were called into investigate. Bedi and Invarsdottir were subsequently arrested last week,just as they were preparing to leave for Iceland.

The New York Times has more on the bizarre tale here. Net security firm Sophos, which brought the oddepisode to our attention, notes that the scam illustrates how conmen can use lack ofknowledge about computers to scam the unwary - a reason why the more internetsavvy need to keep an eye out for their vulnerable (possibly elderly) relatives. ®

THE NY TIMES VERSION :

2 Charged With Fraud of Millions From Piano Man

NYT ByManny Fernandez Nov. 8, 2010

In August 2004, Roger C. Davidson walked into a computer services shop on Main Street in Mount Kisco, N.Y., seeking help with his virus-plagued computer.

http://www.nytimes.c...fraud.html?_r=2

Mr.Davidson, 58, knows music, not necessarily computers. A pianist, he is presidentand founder of a nonprofit sacred-music group in Katonah, N.Y., where he lives. He is also the great-grandson and the great-grandnephew of the two brothers whofounded Schlumberger Ltd., the giant oilfield-services company.

Mr.Davidson worried that the music he had composed and saved on the computer couldbe lost. The owner of the shop, Vickram Bedi, 36, confirmed that there was avirus on Mr. Davidson's computer, a virus Mr. Bedi said was so troublesome thatit had also damaged the shop's computers, officials said.

That was only the beginning. Over time, prosecutors said, Mr. Bedi told Mr. Davidson about an elaborate international conspiracy that had attacked Mr. Davidson's computer and was threatening Mr. Davidson and his family. The conspiracy allegedly involved a mysterious hard drive in a remote village of Honduras and a plot to infiltrate the United States government by Polish priests linked to Opus Dei. Mr. Bedi persuaded Mr. Davidson to pay the computer shop not only for data retrieval, but for personal protection, the authorities said. It was, of course, a fraud, officials said. For more than six years, the computer shop, Datalink Computer Products, regularly charged Mr. Davidson's credit card accounts. The charges totaled more than $6 million, according to the office of the Westchester County district attorney, Janet DiFiore. It took months for investigators with the police in Harrison, N.Y., and other agencies to unravel the many twists and turns of the case.

One such twist was the civil lawsuit that pitted Mr. Davidson and Mr. Bedi against Wachovia Bank and three of the bank's financial advisers. As co-trustees of theRedwood II F Trust, Mr. Davidson and Mr. Bedi claimed in the lawsuit that the bank had mishandled its $60 million in assets. People who were sued by Mr. Davidson and Mr. Bedi went to the Harrison police in July, setting off the fraud inquiry.

Mr. Bedi and Helga Invarsdottir, 39, who also worked at Datalink, were arrested on Thursday at their home in Chappaqua, N.Y., as they were preparing to leave for Iceland, Ms. Invarsdottir'snative country, officials said. They were charged with first-degree grand larceny, and arraigned on Friday at the Village of Mount Kisco Justice Court.Cash bail was set at $3 million for each defendant, and both were ordered to turn in their passports. They were still in custody on Monday. Mr.Davidson did not return phone calls seeking comment. His Web site describes him as a versatile pianist and composer who specializes in classical music, jazz and various styles of Latin music. He produced Raul Jaurena's "Te Amo Tango," which earneda Latin Grammy for Best Tango Album in 2007.

After Mr.Davidson first visited Datalink in August 2004, Mr. Bedi told Mr. Davidson that he and his family were in grave danger, according to the district attorney'soffice. The source of the virus, Mr. Bedi later told Mr. Davidson, was found ina hard drive in a village in Honduras, officials said. Mr. Bedi told Mr. Davidson that Mr. Bedi's uncle — a military officer in India — had flown toHonduras and obtained the hard drive, the authorities said.

Mr.Bedi's uncle supposedly had learned that Polish priests tied to the conservative Roman Catholic organization Opus Dei were trying to harm Mr. Davidson, the district attorney's office said. The Central Intelligence Agency, Mr. Bedi told Mr.Davidson, was working with him to prevent the priests from infiltrating the United States government, officials said.

Officials said that there did not appear to be other victims.

A call to one of Mr. Davidson's homes revealed a man's friendly recorded voice, warning that, "If you leave an ad or any other such message, your telephone wire will be fried automatically."

Edited by William Kelly