The Education Forum

Biting the Elephant: The Warren Report

John Simkin

Rodger Remington's new book, Biting the Elephant: The Warren Report, is now available from Trafford Publishing. The book is for sale via Amazon. As a professional historian, Doctor Remington offers a unique, high-standard academic approach in critiquing the works published by Kenneth Rahn, Gerald Posner and Vincent Bugliosi, all of whom support the lone assassin thesis.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Biting-Elephant-Ro...5958&sr=1-2

He is also the author of:

Falling Chips: A Deconstruction of the Single-bullet Theory of the JFK Assasination (2005)

The People V. The Warren Report (2002)

Rodger Remington's new book, Biting the Elephant: The Warren Report, is now available from Trafford Publishing. The book is for sale via Amazon. As a professional historian, Doctor Remington offers a unique, high-standard academic approach in critiquing the works published by Kenneth Rahn, Gerald Posner and Vincent Bugliosi, all of whom support the lone assassin thesis.

Falling Chips: A Deconstruction of the Single-bullet Theory of the JFK Assasination (2005)

A brief overview by the author: http://www.trafford.com/Bookstore/BookDeta...d=SKU-000130776

Rodger A. Remington was born on November 30, 1929, in Marinette, Wisconsin, where he received his elementary and secondary education at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish School, then staffed by the School Sisters of Notre Dame. He attended Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, Michigan, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in history in 1951, and a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in 1955. That education was interrupted by military service in the Army of the United States during 1951-1953 in the Korean Conflict. Subsequently he received the Master of Arts degree in history in 1961, and the Ph.D. degree in history in 1965 from Saint Louis University. Presently he is ranked as professor emeritus of history at Aquinas College since 1997, following thirty-four years of faculty service.

A brief overview by the author: http://www.trafford.com/Bookstore/BookDeta...d=SKU-000130776

From his overview, it sounds like Bugliosi Jr.

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

I just find it remarkable that after hearing news of this latest book, I've browsed the entries for every single one of his books on Amazon and can't find a single reference as to whether he's pro or anti conspiracy. I'm assuming from the titles the latter, but finding a single detailed review of his books, interview with the author or decent information as to whether any of them are worth reading has remained a mystery. Ah well.

I just find it remarkable that after hearing news of this latest book, I've browsed the entries for every single one of his books on Amazon and can't find a single reference as to whether he's pro or anti conspiracy. I'm assuming from the titles the latter, but finding a single detailed review of his books, interview with the author or decent information as to whether any of them are worth reading has remained a mystery. Ah well.

In a letter to the editor of the Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry (Volume 267, Number 1), Remington wrote this:

"....And I note that I have yet to read a refutation of my writings, which collectively suggest for future historians that the United States

Government's Warren Commission conclusions cannot be sustained by way of the data in both the 1964 800+ page Warren Report

and the 26 volumes of Hearings and Evidence upon which it is ostensibly based."

http://www.springerlink.com/content/714368r734161u13/

I just find it remarkable that ... (I) can't find a single reference as to whether he's pro or anti conspiracy ... (and therefore?) whether any of them are worth reading ....
With a few notable exceptions, most books on this subject are "worth reading," even if you might disagree with their outlook or conclusions.

(Who knows: you might find an argument in one that will turn your world upside down. If it can happen to Vince Palamara - twice in as many years! - then it can happen to you, too ... no matter which side of the argument you may be on!)

I find it difficult to be on the winning side of an argument when I don't even know what the subject matter is, and hard to disagree with something (other than ideologically) when I don't know what the proposition is.

Yeah, Vince Palamara.

LOL!

His lack of consistency is only surpassed by his lack of relevance.

He can be applauded for his ability to raise the question "who shaves the barber then?"

I should write his dust jacket for him:

"From the author of "It didn't sell well" and "this might sell even more", the new novel that sheds no new light but rather takes the opposite side:

Vince Palamara: FLIP FLOP! Case open closed open closed...

the definitive book about nothing."

I should write his dust jacket for him ...
You can't do that without first putting in a blurb about yourself and another book, so allow me to suggest a template:

Blair Dobson, recognized as the world's leading authority on [enter authorities here], has this to say about Flip-Flop [enter review here]. It is the best book on the Kennedy assassination ever printed other than [enter alternate book title here].

You can also provide a PayPal address so that the authors of each book can make easy payment. Beats working for a living, don't you think?