The Education Forum

Oswald returns from the Soviet Union

Jim Root

December of 1960: Oswald claims to have first applied to return to US.

February 5, 1961: First acknowledged letter from Oswald requesting return to US and in which Oswald references his December letter that the Warren Commission speculates was never written.

February, 1961: Walker's Pro Blue Program is up and running (which it had been since at least 1954) and Overseas Weekly is actively investigating this program

March 20, 1961: Additional letter from Oswald forwarded to State Department.

April 12, 1961: Overseas Weekly publishishes its article on Walker and his Pro Blue Program thrusting Edwin Walker into the Muzzling of the Military Controversey that would end his career.

April 13, 1961: State infroms US Embassy in Moscow that Oswald will be issued a passport "available for direct return to US."

April 17, 1961: Maj. Gen. Edwin A. Walker is relieved of command of the 24th Infantry Division in Germany.

Quite a week for Walker that second week in April 1961. A magazine article comes out "exposing" what he has been doing for at least seven years with the full knowledge of the military brass and Walker "is tossed under the wagon" so to speak......

oh and Lee Harvey Oswald is given permission to return to the US the day after Walker is labeled as a Right Wing Nut.

Since I believe it was Walker who provided Oswald with the necessary information to sucessfully "defect" to the Soviet Union and since a returning Oswald could perhaps identify Walker as the man who had helped him to enter the Soviet Union (and perhaps provide the information necessary to down an American U-2 and scuttle the Paris Summit) turning Walker into a Right Wing Nut may have been necessary to protect American Intelligence......

and a reading of the Walker Papers shows that Walker knew he was being "burned" by the CIA but he did not know why!

Was it because Oswald was returning?????? I believe so.

jim Root

Edited by Jim Root

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tom Scully

Jim,

You're making a case for Oswald being "managed" in an elaborate ruse to establish unequivocally that he was a person "of the left", in an American era of an intensely right wing political landscape. How far do you think it went? Are you saying Oswald was taken off the shelf and plugged into missions as conditions warranted? Do you think he was part of an Op intended to embarass Eisenhower, who firmly told the world that Francis Gary Powers was not a downed U-2 pilot and a living Soviet prisoner?

What do you suspect the depths were to Oswald's federal agency(s) management? After his returned to the US, do you suspect that every job he worked was "assigned" to him? this concept seems to mesh both with Jose Rivera knowing the phone number of Oswald's landlord in N.O. before Oswald had met the man.

It also increases the significance of IB Hales' wife, Virginia, sending Oswald for a job interview at Leslie Welding, a couple of months after her sons were spotted entering and exiting Judith Exner's LA apartment.

1t also seems that this "management" shifted immediately, and more openly, onto Marina after Nov. 22, via representatives of a public/private partnership, or...it didn't "shift" to her...it just carried on as it had for both of them while Oswald was alive.

From a very early age, the LHO entity was part of a doppelganger mode of

planned defections to Russia. To speculate about other missions is to ignore

the obvious evidence accumulated by Armstrong. All pre-Russia activities

(learning Russian, etc) were sheep-dipping him for this mission. Anything else

is a red herring.

Jack

February, 1961: Walker's Pro Blue Program is up and running (which it had been since at least 1954) and Overseas Weekly is actively investigating this program

Jim, Pro-Blue began around mid 1960. What distinguished it from it's predecessor programs was it's length, intensity and ferocious anti-anticommunist component - which was then used to attack certain politicians and institutions.

It is plain wrong to suggest Pro-Blue was suddenly targeted for no apparent reason after being left alone for years.

and a reading of the Walker Papers shows that Walker knew he was being "burned" by the CIA but he did not know why!

How was Walker burned by the CIA? That sounds like very typical Bircher paranoia on Walker's part if he claimed he was.

The timings are curious. but without the lynchpin of your argument (that there was something odd about Pro-Blue being attacked), it's hard to make anything of them, imo.

Edited by Greg Parker

Personally I think that Edward Epstein and Lee Harvey Oswald both got it right!

Epstein tells of his interview with James Jesus Angelton and the story of the Orchid Man. In this story Angelton explains how a particular insect will, without realizing it, fly into the flower of an orchid (which produces no necter to attract bees) and then engage in a sexual act with the orchid whose flower mimics the sexual organs of the female insect. The insect then exits the flower of the orchid and continues its existance unknowingly carrying the pollen of the flower. The insect then spreads the pollen to the nest orchid plant that it meets never knowing that in so doing it is perpetuating the survival of a species it is totally unrealted to. The act of a particular unsuspecting insect verity is necessary to the survival of only one particular species of orchid.

Angleton leads us to believe that Oswald was nothing more than an insect used to spread the pollen that needed to be delivered to the next plant.

Following the assassination of JFK and the arrest of Lee Harvey Oswald, Oswald said that he was a "patsy" and that the reason he was being arrested was because he had gone to the Soviet Union.

I believe Oswald was speaking the truth......it was all about him being a patsy who had gone to the Soviet Union, just like he said. Really very simple, I think Oswald realized he had been nothing more than a insect who had been used by US Intelligence to spread a particular pollen that members of US intelligence wanted spread.

If you read the information about Oswald's Spring Hill College Speech you can hear the words Oswald used to blame interests within the Soviet Union and the United States for the failure of the Paris Summit. Oswald clearly understood that the U-2 incident led to the cancilation of the Paris Summit and Oswald was perhaps uniquely capable of understanding this because of his involvement in the failure of this particular international Summit that could have led to a thawing of the Cold War.

Oswald himself, upon his anouncement that he was defecting, had threatened to provide information to the Soviets about the U-2. Perhaps, in hind sight, Oswald did realize that because of the information he had been tricked into providing the Soviets the world was not as safe as he felt it could have been.

If true there has never been a bigger "patsy" than Oswald and we should not be surprised if Oswald became aware of his own shortcomings it may led him to want to share with the world exactly what he knew.

I believe that Oswald had to be watched upon his return to the United States and we know that he was watched. We can speculate that no one in US or Soviet Intelligence was quite sure who Oswald was working for (much as Edwin Walker suggested in his final interview). I believe Oswald's 201 File had to be sanitized, which even Richard Helms suggested may have happened. I believe that any suggestion that Oswald was an agent of either the Soviets or the US could have been catastrophic at that time (something that Johnson suggested in his X millions of dead comment). I believe that at least one Warren Commissioner beleived that at some point a document might be uncovered that would suggest that Oswald was and intelligece agent for some agency (that commissioner was John J. McCloy).

I think that we will all agree that there was a need for Oswald to be at the scene of the assassination. The assassination story could not have occured as it did in fact occur without Oswald there.

Perhaps if we can understand who had been a part of Oswald's insertion into the Soviet Union you can begin to understand how the conspirators succeeded in having Kennedy assassinated and how they escaped justice. R

I suggest that we remember that John J. McCloy did not want the Paris Summit to happen and John J. McCloy was angry at Kennedy for pushing the Limited Test Ban Treaty of 1963.

Interesting, the Paris Summit did not take place and Kennedy ended up dead!

Did McCloy twice use Oswald as his "patsy" to accomplish his goals? One thing is for certain, McCloy was uniquely placed on the Warren Commission to cover up his own crime if in fact he was the key conspirator.

Jim Root

Greg

I have spoken with the man who ran Walker's Pro Blue Program in the mid 1950's, complete with maps and what many in the 1960's would lable Right Wing Material.

But even if you wish to disagree on the, "length, intensity and ferocious anti-anticommunist component," the fact is that the program was in existance and Walker had been using it for years prior to the Overseas Weekly article.

I do believe that the timing is important. We cannot deny that it overlaps perfectly with Oswald's attempt to return to the United States.

The author of the Pro Blue article even suggested, when we corresponded that the program was not even ran by Walker.

More on that soon.

Jim Root

Greg

I have spoken with the man who ran Walker's Pro Blue Program in the mid 1950's, complete with maps and what many in the 1960's would lable Right Wing Material.

But even if you wish to disagree on the, "length, intensity and ferocious anti-anticommunist component," the fact is that the program was in existance and Walker had been using it for years prior to the Overseas Weekly article.

I do believe that the timing is important. We cannot deny that it overlaps perfectly with Oswald's attempt to return to the United States.

The author of the Pro Blue article even suggested, when we corresponded that the program was not even ran by Walker.

More on that soon.

Jim Root

Thanks for the quick reply, Jim.

My source is a book called Political indoctrination in the U.S. Army from World War II to the Vietnam War By Christopher S. DeRosa. You might want to check it out since it seems to be completely at odds with what you've been told.

Political Indoctrination in the US Army

[Thanks for the quick reply, Jim.

My source is a book called Political indoctrination in the U.S. Army from World War II to the Vietnam War By Christopher S. DeRosa. You might want to check it out since it seems to be completely at odds with what you've been told.

Greg

Thank you for your quick reply as well. Not sure I agree that the article you pointed out is "completely at odds" with what I have been told.

Some of the comments that I read in DeRosa's account that would of course stand out in my read:

Walker's information officers approached the task with zeal and rare command support.

Robert's joined the John Birch Society April 10, 1961 after he left the 24th Infantry Div.

Kennedy Administration silenced....

"it would be difficult to prove that any aspect of the program was not based on existing troop information materials"

"Upholding the program while denouncing its author allowed the Pentagon to insulate itself"

"got out of hand a little bit"

"the record of indiscretion complied by Walker and Roberts in their affairs after April 1961 suggest that the magazine article was not far off."

What I have from the author of the Pro Blue article for Overseas Weekly provides some interesting information:

"...Walker's PR guy, a col I think (Roberts)....sponsored a talk by a g(G)erman I believe named w(W)illie s(S)chramm who advocated a first strike by the US aginst Soviet forces in Czechoslovakia.

"i(I) think it was j(J)ohn d(D)ornberg, the OW editor of German birth (now dead) who got the first hints. h(H)e assigned p(P)hyllis s(S)enter, a stunning, sexy reporter, to haunt various army social functions to develop a better picture. o(O)nce we had a sense of the extent of pro blue and the infiltration of the j(J)ohn b(B)irch society into the 24th division, i(I) was assigned full time for several months to prowl the division headquarters (at) a(A)ugsburg and get the material that would put us beyond a lwsuit."

"but the Svengali for pro bule was that colonel (Roberts)in public affairs. he got all the birch literature displayed in the division library and cafeterias and arranged the speakers."

The author finished our correspondence with this statement....

"i think we're lucky that nutcase never launched his tank units across the border!!"

From the DeRosa book we find that after Walker was gone the Pro Blue Progam continues, albeit without the enthuiastic support of the CO. From Jones we learn that the real culpruit was Roberts not Walker and that the Birch material was displayed and placed by Roberts.

We also learn that the Overseas Weekly story was intitiated not by Birch material being displayed but by a speech advocating a first strike approach toward the Soviet Union.

From DeRosa we learn that the Pentagon denounced the author (Walker) to insulate itself and that the Kennedy administration wanted Walker silenced. This fits very well with my scenerio.

Greg, for myself this story is one piece of a rather large amount of research that I have done into the assassination. My research has led me to investigate many aspects of Edwin Walker's life including this particular event. Repeatedly I have been able to overlap timelines that, at least in my mind, suggest that events that became as spectacular as the Pro Blue program did in fact become, may be linked to other events, such as Oswald's desire to return to the United States. Things such as the FBI being ordered to begin watching Oswald within 30 days of the assassination attempt on Walker's life based upon an infomant known as T-2 who reported an event that Dallas FBI Agent Hosty suggests never occured. Too many things dealing with Oswald SEEM to impact the life of Edwin Walker....even a June 1963 letter from future Warren Commissioner John J. McCloy to Edwin Walker penned at the same time McCloy is in a dispute with Kennedy over the Limited Test Ban Treaty.....

If, and yes I do say IF, Oswald had been helped into the Soviet Union by Walker, and if this help was provided to insure the failure of the Paris Summit (which McCloy wanted to see fail) then Walker becomes a liability if he can be identified by a returning defector named Oswald. The story that nutralizes this liability is published exactly one day prior to the State Departments issuance of permission for Oswald to return to the US. If McCloy is so enraged with Kennedy that he were to plan an assassination that would use Oswald as his "patsy," just as he may have used him to scuttle the Paris Summit, McCloy would need to nutralize Walker again.....McCloy's letter to Walker would suffice, I believe. (The letter refers to Sylvanus Thayer and a most important date in the career of Sylvanus Thayer was November 22)

To many coincidences.....to much missing evidence.......passanger list for Oswald's flight from London to Helsinki (at the same time that Walker was traveling in Europe), Hosty's third note not put into evidence for all to see who had access to that information (Oswald's place of employment prior to the planing of the motorcade route), the coverup of the "Raleigh Call" that was made to a man who, at a minimum, shared the name of an NSA employee that was closely associated with the two men who investigated Lee Harvey Oswald for potential intelligence contacts and who had previously provided information directly to John J. McCloy. (And John B. Hurt's work is still classified to this day)

Walker, who had very close ties to Maxwell Taylor (Kennedy's choice for Chairman of the Joint Chiefs) and who did at least two delicate missions for John J. McCloy during WWII, the man personally selected by Taylor to be at Littlerock and was personally selected by Taylor to be the point man during the First Straits of Taiwan Crisis, the man who organized Taylor's POW exchange in Korea, is suddenly made the scapegoat to "insulate" the Pentagon from a story that did not "prove that any aspect of the program was not based on existing troop information materials" is suspect and should be viewed in context with all the material that I have gathered in my investigation.

Yes just another single piece of a very large puzzle and yes it does fit very neatly into the grand picture.

Appreciate the questions and information,

Jim Root

Edited by Jim Root

Just speculating here...but looking this direction MIGHT turn up a previously unknown Oswald file.

Oswald had been [effectively] discharged by the Marine Corps when he went to the USSR. Following along with Jim Root's theory that it might've been Walker--an Army general--who passed info along to Oswald that would accelerate his entrance into the Soviet Union...

...is it not possible that, rather than CIA or ONI, Oswald may have been working for/with ARMY intelligence?

Before you dismiss this out-of-hand, was it not Jack Revill {sp.} of Army intel connections who gave the DPD Oswald's addresses--both correct and outdated information? Seems the Army intel area came up with more information in a shorter time frame on Oswald on 11/22 that the FBI, who was allegedly keeping tabs on Oswald. Has anyone ever done a FOIA request for Army files on Oswald? [Ozzie being an ex-Marine, that sounds counterintuitive...but if the Walker connection suggests anything, that would be Ozzie having Army intel connections].

I bring this up because whenever I read a story about some ex-military person going into military intelligence, it seems the person ends up in the intel division of a totally different branch of the Armed Services than the one in which they did their active duty service. The Walker connection would suggest Army intel...with the Bannister/ONI info thrown out there to derail those who seek the truth.

Edited by Mark Knight

Mark

I believe it was in the early 1970's that Congress ordered the Army to destroy all its civilian intelligence files. As I understand it the Army willingly complied.

Have ofter wondered what they had as well!

By the way, during the CCC days of the 1930's the military was processing tens of thousands of civilian applicants for those programs......of course an officier trained in the processing of 1000's of those applications was none other than Edwin Walker......just as he would be in charge of processing hundereds of thousands of POW's both at the end of WWII and Korean War. Is it possible that the military was scanning these folks for intelligence?????

Jim Root

Yes, particularly of the fascist kind. Suitable for importation. (perhaps even Ewald Peters whose history is very patchy)

Jim, I guess what I'm suggesting is that Oswald's Marine discharge...wasn't what it seemed. I've heard stories of folks whose "official" service records failed to show them where they actually were, when they were involved in intelligence work. And if Oswald's discharge from the Marines was perhaps related to his being "shifted" to Army intel, then it may not have been ONLY walker who was burned when Ozzie came back from the USSR. Oswald's discharge was changed to less than honorable, IIRC...and if it was because of his "defection," which may have been an assignment from Army intel, then that would explain why Oswald was mad as hell about his Marine discharge being downgraded for performing his "assignment" in the Soviet Union.

As I said, it's speculation...but Ozzie working for ARMY intellignece would better explain why he might be briefed on his entrance to the USSR by ARMY general Edwin Walker. To me, it makes more sense that the idea of Oswald being just a random "spook" sent to do a false defection...with Walker being the trump card for that hand. If Ozzie was CIA, why not have him briefed by just another CIA spook? And if he was still unofficially connected to the Marines, why not have someone from ONI brief him? The ONLY reason in MY mind that Oswald would be breifed by an ARMY general would be if Oswald were somehow connected to the ARMY.

[i'd still like to see an unredacted copy of Oswald's 1962 income tax return...might reveal a lot about sources of income, which is why I'll not likely see one in MY lifetime.]

[Thanks for the quick reply, Jim.

Greg

Thank you for your quick reply as well. Not sure I agree that the article you pointed out is "completely at odds" with what I have been told.

Jim, on the substantive issues, I believe it is completely at odds.

You: I have spoken with the man who ran Walker's Pro Blue Program in the mid 1950's

DeRosa: Less than 3 months later (from March, 1960), Walker ordered the program to enlarge its antiommunist mission... supposedly a staff officer said that the new program ought to be called the 24th Division's Anti-Red Program, but Walker thought that smacked of negative thinking and, pointing to the blue countries on the map, suggested Pro-Blue instead.

You:Robert's joined the John Birch Society April 10, 1961 after he left the 24th Infantry Div.

DeRosa: A month after the [Overseas Weekly] story first broke, Gene Grove of the New York Post infiltrated a meeting of the John Birch Society in New York where, he reported, a member confided to the group that Robert's was secretly working with the Society.

You: From Jones we learn that the real culpruit was Roberts not Walker and that the Birch material was displayed and placed by Roberts.

DeRosa:Walker ordered the program to enlarge its anticommunist mission

Some of the comments that I read in DeRosa's account that would of course stand out in my read:

Walker's information officers approached the task with zeal and rare command support.

Robert's joined the John Birch Society April 10, 1961 after he left the 24th Infantry Div.

Kennedy Administration silenced....

"it would be difficult to prove that any aspect of the program was not based on existing troop information materials"

"Upholding the program while denouncing its author allowed the Pentagon to insulate itself"

"got out of hand a little bit"

"the record of indiscretion complied by Walker and Roberts in their affairs after April 1961 suggest that the magazine article was not far off."

What I have from the author of the Pro Blue article for Overseas Weekly provides some interesting information:

"...Walker's PR guy, a col I think (Roberts)....sponsored a talk by a g(G)erman I believe named w(W)illie s(S)chramm who advocated a first strike by the US aginst Soviet forces in Czechoslovakia.

"i(I) think it was j(J)ohn d(D)ornberg, the OW editor of German birth (now dead) who got the first hints. h(H)e assigned p(P)hyllis s(S)enter, a stunning, sexy reporter, to haunt various army social functions to develop a better picture. o(O)nce we had a sense of the extent of pro blue and the infiltration of the j(J)ohn b(B)irch society into the 24th division, i(I) was assigned full time for several months to prowl the division headquarters (at) a(A)ugsburg and get the material that would put us beyond a lwsuit."

"but the Svengali for pro bule was that colonel (Roberts)in public affairs. he got all the birch literature displayed in the division library and cafeterias and arranged the speakers."

The author finished our correspondence with this statement....

"i think we're lucky that nutcase never launched his tank units across the border!!"

From the DeRosa book we find that after Walker was gone the Pro Blue Progam continues, albeit without the enthuiastic support of the CO. From Jones we learn that the real culpruit was Roberts not Walker and that the Birch material was displayed and placed by Roberts.

We also learn that the Overseas Weekly story was intitiated not by Birch material being displayed but by a speech advocating a first strike approach toward the Soviet Union.

From DeRosa we learn that the Pentagon denounced the author (Walker) to insulate itself and that the Kennedy administration wanted Walker silenced. This fits very well with my scenerio.

Greg, for myself this story is one piece of a rather large amount of research that I have done into the assassination. My research has led me to investigate many aspects of Edwin Walker's life including this particular event. Repeatedly I have been able to overlap timelines that, at least in my mind, suggest that events that became as spectacular as the Pro Blue program did in fact become, may be linked to other events, such as Oswald's desire to return to the United States. Things such as the FBI being ordered to begin watching Oswald within 30 days of the assassination attempt on Walker's life based upon an infomant known as T-2 who reported an event that Dallas FBI Agent Hosty suggests never occured. Too many things dealing with Oswald SEEM to impact the life of Edwin Walker....even a June 1963 letter from future Warren Commissioner John J. McCloy to Edwin Walker penned at the same time McCloy is in a dispute with Kennedy over the Limited Test Ban Treaty.....

If, and yes I do say IF, Oswald had been helped into the Soviet Union by Walker, and if this help was provided to insure the failure of the Paris Summit (which McCloy wanted to see fail) then Walker becomes a liability if he can be identified by a returning defector named Oswald. The story that nutralizes this liability is published exactly one day prior to the State Departments issuance of permission for Oswald to return to the US. If McCloy is so enraged with Kennedy that he were to plan an assassination that would use Oswald as his "patsy," just as he may have used him to scuttle the Paris Summit, McCloy would need to nutralize Walker again.....McCloy's letter to Walker would suffice, I believe. (The letter refers to Sylvanus Thayer and a most important date in the career of Sylvanus Thayer was November 22)

To many coincidences.....to much missing evidence.......passanger list for Oswald's flight from London to Helsinki (at the same time that Walker was traveling in Europe), Hosty's third note not put into evidence for all to see who had access to that information (Oswald's place of employment prior to the planing of the motorcade route), the coverup of the "Raleigh Call" that was made to a man who, at a minimum, shared the name of an NSA employee that was closely associated with the two men who investigated Lee Harvey Oswald for potential intelligence contacts and who had previously provided information directly to John J. McCloy. (And John B. Hurt's work is still classified to this day)

Walker, who had very close ties to Maxwell Taylor (Kennedy's choice for Chairman of the Joint Chiefs) and who did at least two delicate missions for John J. McCloy during WWII, the man personally selected by Taylor to be at Littlerock and was personally selected by Taylor to be the point man during the First Straits of Taiwan Crisis, the man who organized Taylor's POW exchange in Korea, is suddenly made the scapegoat to "insulate" the Pentagon from a story that did not "prove that any aspect of the program was not based on existing troop information materials" is suspect and should be viewed in context with all the material that I have gathered in my investigation.

Yes just another single piece of a very large puzzle and yes it does fit very neatly into the grand picture.

Appreciate the questions and information,

Jim Root

Edited by Greg Parker

Greg

The day Edwin Walker took command of the 3rd Regiment of the FSSF he was told that he had to be "jump qualified." He went directly to a plane and had a jump master put a parachute on him, went up and jumped out of an airplane without any training. Some men thought him a fool.....all believed him to be brave enough to lead them in combat.

At Little Rock High School Walker had his men load live amunition and fix bayonets in front of the civilians blocking the entrance of the school. He then ordered his men to aim at the civilians as he told the crowd to disperse. Some thought Walker a little over the top, none doubted that he was willing to fire on US civilians and he accomplished the mission assigned to him in a most effective and dramatic way.

A study of Walker's whole life will show that he always did his job with enthusiasm and it was not unusual for him to, "order(ed) the program to enlarge its antiommunist mission..." or whatever mission he was assigned.

As the DeRosa book points out the Pentagon came to the conclusion that, "it would be difficult to prove that any aspect of the program was not based on existing troop information materials"

You also point out once again that DeRosa says, "A month after the [Overseas Weekly] story first broke, Gene Grove of the New York Post infiltrated a meeting of the John Birch Society in New York where, he reported, a member confided to the group that Robert's was secretly working with the Society." Once again this says nothing about Walker and is in line with what the author of the Overseas Weekly article said....Roberts was the man responsible for placing the Birch Material on the base.

But, it was Walker that the "Kennedy Administration silenced" and had relieved of command only days after the story broke and without an investigation being completed! A rather rapid response by the White House and President based upon a magazine article that had been published just days earlier.

I will continue to suggest that this supports my hypothesis that IF Oswald was allowed to defect to the Soviet Union to provide information that could be used to down a U-2 and if the downing of the U-2 on May 1, 1960 was a US intelligence coup to scuttle the Paris Summit (as John J. McCloy hoped) then the return of the "patsy" Oswald could be embarrassing to the United States if Walker had provided Oswald with the information necessary to enter the Soveit Union.

If as Walker believed, Oswald was working for both the Soviets and the Americans, (within my hypothesis) the Soviets would have to prepare to cover their intelligence tracks where it concerned Oswald just as the OW article and dismissal of Walker provided American Intelligence with plausible deniability if Oswald attempted to point a finger at General Walker as being the man (now Right Wing Nut) who helped him into the Soviet Union. In the case of the Soviets we find that at the same time that Oswald is departing Russia, Yuri Nosenko first makes contact with CIA agents and offers to provide information for money. Immediatley following the assassination Nosenko defects to the US (while at an Arms conference which was being attended by McCloy) and just happent to have been the man that "knows" everything about Oswald's Soviet Intelligence file which of course shows Oswald had no connection to Soviet Intelligence even though he worked with radar and the U-2.

To me it is very coincidental that both nations each had a man that would have more information about Oswald (Walker who would provide a German newspaper with informatopm about Oswalds attempt on his life and Nosenko who gathered info on Oswald for the Soviets following the assassination) but who would first be cast in a negitive light by both of their own governments. Walker and Nosenko, both castigated by their own governments, both connected to Oswald by the timing of Oswald's singular action of returning to the United States.

Greg, I didn't find this timing thing by accident. The hypothesis made me search for it! The fact that it exists supports the hypothesis that I have developed......it does not prove it but it remains there to support it!

As far as running programs to indoctrinate US troop I will stand by my statement that Walker had been entusiastically doing that for years prior to the Overseas Weekly article without ever running fowl of anyone.

Jim Root

Edited by Jim Root