The Education Forum

The Chaney witnesses speak

Jack White

Jack,

According to the Bell film as we see it in Groden's version, that should be the limo.

But my next question would be:

What are the three figures protruding above the limo, at that point in time?

I was under the impression that Hill would be the only one standing up at this time.

chris

Great catch, Chris! I saw that while watching in a smaller size a frame at a time,

but thought it part of the shadow. In your bigger and clearer frame grab, it looks

very anomalous!

Jack

Jack,

That's two different Bell films in my opinion.

chris

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jack,

According to the Bell film as we see it in Groden's version, that should be the limo.

I was under the impression that Hill would be the only one standing up at this time.

chris

Great catch, Chris! I saw that while watching in a smaller size a frame at a time,

but thought it part of the shadow. In your bigger and clearer frame grab, it looks

very anomalous!

Jack

Jack,

chris

Chris,

At least on my copy of Groden's Bell the two photos you've posted are from the same film. On the left is the limousine and on the right is the SS car.

I believe you were correct, and Chris Scally mistaken, the first (left) frame does show the limousine.

However, I think there's a good possibility that your three figures are Hill and the two flipped up visors with spaces between them.

Best to you,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry Logan

Jack,

chris

Chris...can you make a high quality scan of this area very BIG?

I would like to know what you have spotted. Thanks.

Jack

post-667-1265232389_thumb.jpg

Jack,

chris

Chris...can you make a high quality scan of this area very BIG?

I would like to know what you have spotted. Thanks.

Jack

Chris...you have made a major discovery! A little enhancement shows that the retouchers

GOT CONFUSED.

They thought this was the QM, and put guys on the running board, and THERE IS NO CLINT

HILL ON THE TRUNK!

Great work!

Jack

post-667-1265232810_thumb.jpg

Here is another...Lumpkin:

Officer Lumpkin, one of three cops riding ahead of the Curry lead car (seen in McIntire) says:

1. They were stopped at the time of the shots (seen in Bell film just beyond the underpass).

2. Looked back saw commotion in limo.

3. Chaney rode up to Curry car to tell him the president had been shot.

4. We were still stopped at that time.

5. Curry came on radio and said "Let's go, boys".

6. Chaney came forward and joined the 3 at the Stemmons entrance ramp.

7. Lumpkin, Gray and Chaney led the way to Parkland.

Jack,

You claim in your post that, according to Officer Lumpkin, the three cops riding ahead of the Curry lead car “stopped at the time of the shots (seen in Bell film just beyond the underpass).” In support this you provide an attachment to your post which is an interview with Officer Lumpkin by Larry Sneed.

But that's NOT what Lumpkin says in the Sneed interview. What he says is “We were stopped on Elm Street between Houston Street and the Triple Underpass.”.

Of course both the Bell film and the McIntyre photo show that not to be true. And both the Bell film and the McIntyre photo show that the three are not stopped. In Bell they are visible moving and in McIntyre none of them have their feet or kickstands down and must therefore be moving.

Further, in your caption for the McIntyre photo, you claim that Chaney is “nowhere to be seen”, when in fact he is visible in the Triple underpass.

Todd

You are clearly wrong about the 3 motorcycles in Bell. They are seen MOTIONLESS UNDER THE OVERHEAD SIGN

for many frames while the motorcade is moving. In McIntire they have moved from under the sign.

You are far too trusting of what is seen in films. As far as I know there is no film of Elm Street before the motorcade

was on Elm. You seem to be telling what is in films that I have never seen.

Motionless?

BellCycles.png

Chris...you have made a major discovery! A little enhancement shows that the retouchers

GOT CONFUSED.

They thought this was the QM, and put guys on the running board, and THERE IS NO CLINT

HILL ON THE TRUNK!

Great work!

Jack

That IS the follow up car Jack ? The JFK limo is in the underpass at this point...

Jack,

chris

very anomalous!

Jack

Jack,

chris

Chris,

At least on my copy of Groden's Bell the two photos you've posted are from the same film. On the left is the limousine and on the right is the SS car.

I believe you were correct, and Chris Scally mistaken, the first (left) frame does show the limousine.

However, I think there's a good possibility that your three figures are Hill and the two flipped up visors with spaces between them.

Best to you,

Jerry

Jerry,

I'm inclined to agree with you on this.

I had forgotten Hill was somewhat slumped over at this point, which lowers his height.

Looks like Chris S. got help with his question also.

I''ll keep searching, Jack.

thanks

chris