The Education Forum

Muchmore Shenanigans

I'm pretty sure this all has to do with time syncing before the limo gets to Elm St.

cheers

chris

Chris,

I think the double image is caused by diffraction as it's partially filmed through the windshield of the second motorcycle - left inboard.

Jerry

Chris01.png

Edited by Jerry Logan

I don't think so. The diffraction from the windshields right side is visible with a bit of gamma fiddling. It's a cop standing to the side and behind another guy. There's camera blur which keeps the limo in focus and this and the motion blur during exposure gives the windshield blur (this could be a good one for calculating velocities if one knew how long the shutter is open.) The figures are blended by the camera motion blur.

I don't think so. The diffraction from the windshields right side is visible with a bit of gamma fiddling. It's a cop standing to the side and behind another guy. There's camera blur which keeps the limo in focus and this and the motion blur during exposure gives the windshield blur (this could be a good one for calculating velocities if one knew how long the shutter is open.) The figures are blended by the camera motion blur.

John, I understand what you're saying but I have to disagree. First, there's no officer in that location. Second, as I watch the Muchmore film I see the white shirt and neck tie man split in a similar fashion as the second windshield passes in front of him.

Chris02.png

Also notice that the second cycle windshield is at just the right height to cause the distortion.

Cycle.png

Finally, I want to amend my comment to say refraction, not diffraction caused by the second windshield.

Edited by Jerry Logan

OK, Jerry, I see what you mean.

The feature that looks like an officer is there without him. The screen: going by the antennas, indicates it's the second mc screen that causes the mix in the first pic posted

OK, Jerry, I see what you mean.

The feature that looks like an officer is there without him. The screen: going by the antennas, indicates it's the second mc screen that causes the mix in the first pic posted

Good eyes Jerry.

I agree, it appears to be the second motorcycle windscreen that is causing the anomaly in the image.