The Education Forum

Assassin thoughts

This only borderline applies to the JFK hit - kind of in reverse.

There was no assassin to interview after the JFK hit thanks to Ruby...and Ruby never left Dallas alive.

On the other hand the propsed assassin of RFK is still alive and has been for some time. In these following years I have seen many articles and TV shows about killers/assassins but I wonder? We all know that the FBI loves to profile high visibilty crimes...serial killers and bigime assassins and the like. One could only expect that the FBI would profile Sirhan Sirhan. They would question him in detail and knowing that he is susceptible to hypnosis, they would put him through a regimen of hypnosis - they would want to learn EVERYTHING. Of course they would do that to figure out why a fellow like him would write "RFK must Die" over and over. Primarily they would want to see - if he really was a sincere Palestinian sympathyzer - would others do the same against our top politicians.

On the other hand, if Sirhan Sirhan has not been profiled by the FBI - I would have to wonder why?

I really don't know the answer. It has probably discussed before. I just wondered how much effort has gone into Sirhan and his motive(s).That would be a serious case study for protecting future high profile candidates. If nothing like that has been done I would really wonder why.

Edited by David S. Brownlee

Guest Stephen Turner
This only borderline applies to the JFK hit - kind of in reverse.

There was no assassin to interview after the JFK hit thanks to Ruby...and Ruby never left Dallas alive.

On the other hand the propsed assassin of RFK is still alive and has been for some time. In these following years I have seen many articles and TV shows about killers/assassins but I wonder? We all know that the FBI loves to profile high visibilty crimes...serial killers and bigime assassins and the like. One could only expect that the FBI would profile Sirhan Sirhan. They would question him in detail and knowing that he is susceptible to hypnosis, they would put him through a regimen of hypnosis - they would want to learn EVERYTHING. Of course they would do that to figure out why a fellow like him would write "RFK must Die" over and over. Primarily they would want to see - if he really was a sincere Palestinian sympathyzer - would others do the same against our top politicians.

On the other hand, if Sirhan Sirhan has not been profiled by the FBI - I would have to wonder why?

I really don't know the answer. It has probably discussed before. I just wondered how much effort has gone into Sirhan and his motive(s).That would be a serious case study for protecting future high profile candidates. If nothing like that has been done I would really wonder why.

To the best of my knowledge no profile has ever been attempted on Sirhan, at least in the way you suggest. the official line is that they know why RFK was assassinated, because of his support for Isreal. Dan Moldea wrote a 350 page book about it, and concluded. " Even his own Attorney, Emile Zola Berman said of Sirhan in open Court, "In his fantasies he was often a Hero and savior of his People. i the realities of life, however, he was small, helpless, isolated, confused and bewildered by emotions over which he had no control" So, like Ruby he wanted to save his People, and like Oswald he was a small, and somewhat pathetic individual who, for once, managed to punch well above his weight.

Interesting, I know a Russian who has explained to me that in the common vernacular Alec is a nick for Alexander, who basically established Russian independence from its founders, the Vikings (the Land of the Rus), and colloquially the name Alexander means 'the saviour of the people'.

Interesting, I know a Russian who has explained to me that in the common vernacular Alec is a nick for Alexander, who basically established Russian independence from its founders, the Vikings (the Land of the Rus), and colloquially the name Alexander means 'the saviour of the people'.

I think the killing of RFK is just as murky as his brothers an 8 shot pistol and 14 bullet holes .No authority would touch Sirhan not even now I think it would just stir the pot. Altough it would be a fascinating study . James Earl Ray ditto

• 3 weeks later...

The sad thing is...S.S. is and will always be in the hands of the "law". He is IMO untouchable...plus I would imagine he knows that any attempt at reaching beyond the bars (even if he mentally could) would result in a quick "passing away". His current age makes that even more plausible.

I will admit that I have thought a few times about contacting S.S. in prison.

My thought was to pretend to be an author, doing research for a book on persons who were previously under the death penalty but who were saved by the repeal by the Supreme Court ruling. My thought was to ask 30 inmates across the country who had been spared by that ruling and ask them what they felt about avoiding the gas chamber or electric chair via that ruling and how they have lived and possibly grown in prison all these years since they were not killed. Have they learned anything, are the extra years worth it behind bars?

How does a person who expected to die cope with suddenly being able to live (albeit in a prison).

Of course S.S. would just be one of 30..and my primary interest would have nothing to do with actually writing a book. I would send letters to the other 29 just to make it look good, and keep up correspondence...but my primary interest would be to establish a relationship with Sirhan Sirhan. I would not ask him specific questions about the RFK murder, but I would read his responses in detail. If I saw an opening I would (subtly) go for it....not a big question though, just a curious one (on his side). Let's face it - he ain't leaving incarceration alive...and he's the primary witness.

Of course "no guts no glory"...and I am short of guts. :ice ....besides, lord knows who reads these threads.