The Education Forum

Oswald In Ohio

I am trying to run down a lead right now on something. Does anyone have any instances of Oswald being in Ohio, at any time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MIke

Mike,

I once thought he had been to Toledo because I came across a job application with DeVilbiss which had on the form a Toledo address. I found out much later that DeVilbiss also had an office or plant very close to the Dallas Trade Mart. That in itself is thought provoking.

DeVilbiss btw, made spray guns similar to the type made by Rand Corp (of Robert Webster fame... who actually lived near Toledo....)

In short. Nope. Got nada on LHO being in Ohio. Maybe you could flip through your copy of "Harvey & Lee"? Harvey did seem to get around quite a bit. Who knows? Maybe he accompanied Ruth P during her eastern travels?

I am trying to run down a lead right now on something. Does anyone have any instances of Oswald being in Ohio, at any time?

MIke

Mike,

I once thought he had been to Toledo because I came across a job application with DeVilbiss which had on the form a Toledo address. I found out much later that DeVilbiss also had an office or plant very close to the Dallas Trade Mart. That in itself is thought provoking.

DeVilbiss btw, made spray guns similar to the type made by Rand Corp (of Robert Webster fame... who actually lived near Toledo....)

In short. Nope. Got nada on LHO being in Ohio. Maybe you could flip through your copy of "Harvey & Lee"? Harvey did seem to get around quite a bit. Who knows? Maybe he accompanied Ruth P during her eastern travels?

Greg,

Thanks much for the tip. Sure could not hurt to look.

Mike

MIke

Mike,

Hey,

I met Donald Norton, said to be an Oswald Lookalike-Imposter, in the parking lot at the University of Dayton, Ohio, in or around 1969-72, when he approached Mae Brussell and my friend John Judge and introduced himself. Mae knew him from correspondence, and thanked him for the checks, to which he replied something about it being his "conscience money." Norton said he was living nearby, in either Toledo or Columbus. Norton accompanied Judge and Brussell back to Judge's apartment and they talked further but I wasn't there for that part.

There were two Don Nortons, Donald "P" and "O" and I think this one was the "P" Norton, the frail gay guy who played piano in the officer's clubs and was blackmailed by the CIA CI to keep them posted on gay officers, and delivered money to Oswald in Mexico (and not the Donald "O" Norton fisherman). I think he was a Garrison witness until he disapeared.

In any case, there's another Toldeo connection.

BK

MIke

Mike,

Hey,

I met Donald Norton, said to be an Oswald Lookalike-Imposter, in the parking lot at the University of Dayton, Ohio, in or around 1969-72, when he approached Mae Brussell and my friend John Judge and introduced himself. Mae knew him from correspondence, and thanked him for the checks, to which he replied something about it being his "conscience money." Norton said he was living nearby, in either Toledo or Columbus. Norton accompanied Judge and Brussell back to Judge's apartment and they talked further but I wasn't there for that part.

There were two Don Nortons, Donald "P" and "O" and I think this one was the "P" Norton, the frail gay guy who played piano in the officer's clubs and was blackmailed by the CIA CI to keep them posted on gay officers, and delivered money to Oswald in Mexico (and not the Donald "O" Norton fisherman). I think he was a Garrison witness until he disapeared.

In any case, there's another Toldeo connection.

BK

Bill...John and I disagree.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

Google:

lee harvey oswald ohio ruth paine antioch college

Yes, Jack,

That's a very important Ohio connection.

Ruth Paine attended Antioch College in Yellow Springs, Ohio, a radical school with no grades that was founded in the 19th century by Horace Mann - "the father of American Education."

It is not far from Dayton, where John Judge and I were, and I actually took a class at Antioch on the history of Vietnam, and later on, graduate school classes at their Baltimore campus - the Center for Social Research and Action.

Ruth Paine's brother, a doctor, lived there at the time of the assassination, and is still there today as far as I know.

And there were Oswald sitings there, reported to the Dayton Police Department Intelligence Division, of Oswald trying to register shortly before enlisting in USMC.

And Jack, I think you're right, and the Norton you say is the one I recall meeting.

BK

I think it is important to consider what Ohio (and New Jersey) was in those days.