The Education Forum

WEBSITE HACKED

The Education Forum website was hacked today, resulting in a redirection to the hacker's website. We were forced to use the backups of the Forum, and therefore some postings may have been lost.

We apologise for the inconvenience and are taking steps to help prevent it happening in future.

The hacker's website does not appear to contain any malware or malicious code, but if you were redirected to that site it would be advisable to run your anti-virus / anti-malware software and scan your computer. Please remember to update your virus / malware definition files before doing so.

The Education Forum website was hacked today, resulting in a redirection to the hacker's website. We were forced to use the backups of the Forum, and therefore some postings may have been lost.

We apologise for the inconvenience and are taking steps to help prevent it happening in future.

The hacker's website does not appear to contain any malware or malicious code, but if you were redirected to that site it would be advisable to run your anti-virus / anti-malware software and scan your computer. Please remember to update your virus / malware definition files before doing so.

I have just got back from holiday to find the Forum hacked. It has now been sorted out. I had to smile at the large number of emails I received commenting on who they thought was responsible. I suspect it was none of those people.

My only comment on this was the last time this happened was when members of the Forum attacked the state of Israel. We traced this attack to a US based pro-Israeli website.

I have just got back from holiday to find the Forum hacked. It has now been sorted out. I had to smile at the large number of emails I received commenting on who they thought was responsible. I suspect it was none of those people.

My only comment on this was the last time this happened was when members of the Forum attacked the state of Israel. We traced this attack to a US based pro-Israeli website.

In spite of the hackfix I'm being redirected to this dumb dummy site. A temp fix (in this case) seems to be making sure root admin with password is only user. I doubt anything on the redirect is true. Hackers don't do that. It seems to be middle eastern but I'm pretty sure its a cover. Poss I wont post for a while while sorting it out and stripping the code change for attention to authorities. (I've actually been waiting for this one, it seems pretty lame, but given the Cyber div atc of various groupings I wouldn't take anything for granted) If I stop posting it means it's gotten more serious. For me this is a gradual functionality deterioration over the past month and a half ( my expletives in the ICT whats a bot topic time stamps some of these moments. I don't really care about being hacked , I'm more concerned about locating the hacker/s. Good luck everybody.

Edited by John Dolva

I hope you did Evan. These idiots need identifying. It's an important topic. Don't hold back.

Well, we'll see who caused it. The most important thing is to stop it happening again.

Exactly the reason why it is imperative to see who caused Dealey Plaza, so it can be kept from happening again.

But you won't get them and they will attack again.

BK

We solved the problem before by banning their IP address. However, that does not stop them from using a different computer.

This is one of the latest postings from this website that might be linked to the thread started by Evan Burton on Israel.

NPR’s All Things Considered had an interesting segment yesterday on the 9 slain Turkish “activists” from the Mavi Marmara. There are new details in here about their backgrounds, and it’s almost comical to listen as reporter Julia Rooke keeps trying throughout the segment to avoid drawing the obvious conclusion that all of these activists belonged to radical Islamic sects. She characterizes them as “very religious,” “very conservative,” etc. She describes the scene at the funerals, with children calling their fathers “martyrs,” and vowing to become martyrs themselves, without giving any sense that this might be a little … odd.

Finally Robert Siegel asks Rooke if she thinks it would be fair to describe them as extremely religious, and she manages to say the word “radical” at the end of the discussion.

It took a real effort, but even NPR now admits that the passengers who rioted and attacked IDF soldiers might just possibly sorta kinda maybe be called “radical Islamists.” Ya think?

Then there is this:

In an interview with Don Imus, Ron Paul calls for the US to abandon Israel, calls Gaza a “concentration camp,” and recites a litany of anti-Israel talking points, including the canard that Israel is starving the people of Gaza.

One of the biggest influences on the modern Republican Party sounds just as loony as the most radical leftist writing for Counterpunch. Loonier.

I was re-directed to the Hacker website (Nice lame choice of music)

I ran my Spyware just to be safe and nothing was infected on my computer

The forum will be upgraded to the latest version over the next few hours which will make it more secure - reading this odd little thread it is clear there remains nothing I can do to facilitate a corresponding shift in the members 'security' unfortunately.

I had to smile at the large number of emails I received commenting on who they thought was responsible. I suspect it was none of those people.

You should have a "money pool" ready just in case there's ever another attack. Then whoever figures out the perp's identity first gets the prize. (No admins allowed to play, though).

:D