The Education Forum

Armstrong's interview of Dr. Kurian

2 parts

Part 1

Dr. Milton Kurian - President of the American Psychiatric Association in the 1950's, Dr. Kurian interviewed (Harvey) Oswald in 1953 in New York City. He remembered that Oswald was very short, slight, and soft-spoken. I showed him the "Bronx Zoo" photo of a small (Harvey) Oswald taken in the fall of 1952, which he identified as the boy that he had interviewed. This is the same photo that, when shown by the Warren Commission to (Lee) Oswald's half-brother John Pic said, "I do not recognize that as my brother." This photo, when compared to Lee Oswald's 6th grade classroom photo from Ft. Worth, shows the distinct difference between these 2 twelve-year-old boys.

Baylor University ~ W. R. Poage Legislative Library

One Bear Place 97153 ~ Waco, TX 76798

254.710.3540 ~ FAX 254.710.3059

I have listened to both parts of this and have the following questions

How did Dr Kurian come to the attention of John Armstrong?

Was the Probation Officer identified as, or at least, believed to be, John Carro?

If not, was the Probation Officer ever identified?

Is it John Armstrong's contention that both "Harvey" and "Lee" had severe psychological problems at the time their identities were being merged; that both came before the courts on truancy charges and; that both spent time at Youth House?

Is it Armstrong's contention that "Harvey", described by Dr Kurian as the most paranoid child he had dealt with up to that time and as having potential for homicidal impulses, simply grew out of those problems to become a mild mannered adult, while the non-dangerous child, Lee, grew ever more disturbed so that into adulthood, he did become, not just a murderer, but a spree killer (JFK, Tippit, and a would-be Nick McDonald)?

Did Johm Armstrong ever ask Dr Kurian why he left the Court Clinic?

Did John Armstrong ever ask Dr Kurian how common it was for Probation Officers to ask for help/ideas in writing their reports?

If Dr Kurian remembers correctly and "Harvey" had already been in Youth House, then the Probabtion Officer would already have a number of reports and assessments on which to base his own report. Did John Armstrong question Dr Kurian about why the PO needed the help of another psychiatrist, given his access to existing psych reports? Did Dr Kurian requesrt to look at the Youth House reports - something that would be a fundamental first step in giving the type of further assistance needed?

Did Mr Armstrong ask how the PO reacted to being told that "Harvey" was potentially homicidal? If so, did the PO express surprise, shock, agreement or some other sentiment?

thanks

Edited by Greg Parker

I have listened to both parts of this and have the following questions

How did Dr Kurian come to the attention of John Armstrong?

Was the Probation Officer identified as, or at least, believed to be, John Carro?

If not, was the Probation Officer ever identified?

Is it John Armstrong's contention that both "Harvey" and "Lee" had severe psychological problems at the time their identities were being merged; that both came before the courts on truancy charges and; that both spent time at Youth House?

Is it Armstrong's contention that "Harvey", described by Dr Kurian as the most paranoid child he had dealt with up to that time and as having potential for homicidal impulses, simply grew out of those problems to become a mild mannered adult, while the non-dangerous child, Lee, grew ever more disturbed so that into adulthood, he did become, not just a murderer, but a spree killer (JFK, Tippit, and a would-be Nick McDonald)?

Did Johm Armstrong ever ask Dr Kurian why he left the Court Clinic?

Did John Armstrong ever ask Dr Kurian how common it was for Probation Officers to ask for help/ideas in writing their reports?

If Dr Kurian remembers correctly and "Harvey" had already been in Youth House, then the Probabtion Officer would already have a number of reports and assessments on which to base his own report. Did John Armstrong question Dr Kurian about why the PO needed the help of another psychiatrist, given his access to existing psych reports? Did Dr Kurian requesrt to look at the Youth House reports - something that would be a fundamental first step in giving the type of further assistance needed?

Did Mr Armstrong ask how the PO reacted to being told that "Harvey" was potentially homicidal? If so, did the PO express surprise, shock, agreement or some other sentiment?

thanks

These questions have been put politely and with a genuine desire to understand how Dr Kurian's statements might fit into a "Harvey & Lee" scenario.

I had previously assumed that Kurian had been claiming "Harvey" had been referred by the court. That was apparently not the case, which does explain somethings for me, while opening up the questions put above.

If no one is willing to tackle these questions, then I fail to understand how anyone can have any confidence in Dr. Kurian's statements - except by virtue of blind faith.

I would also like to ask which office of the FBI Dr Kurian contacted, and if he got the name of the agent he spoke to.

And one final comment and question. I have an aunt who wrote to Jackie Kennedy after the assassination. It was one letter of thousands Jackie received from within the US and from abroad. My aunt got a reply to that letter, which leads me to believe that everyone else did as well. Did Dr Kurian say anything about getting a reply; and if he did get one, did he ever produce it?

• 1 year later...

The Armstrong book is full of valuable "research-bricks", but this man has built a nuthouse out of it. It is sad, that otherwise intelligent men, like Jack Withe(hope he is doing well), are it's occupants.

KK

The two Oswald theory is the same bullxxxx as the single bullet theory.

Edited by Karl Kinaski