The Education Forum

Bonanno: a Godfather's Story

The other night I watched Bonanno: a Godfather's Story on cable television. It is the story of Joe Bonanno. Although this movie was a 5 hour, 2-parter, and had apparently been shown on Showtime, I'd never heard of it before.

Anyhow, in the movie it is claimed that JFK was killed to stop Bobby from persecuting the mob, and names names: Marcello, Trafficante, Giancana, and Rosselli. Now, I know that Bonanno's son, Bill Bonanno, wrote about this in his memoir. And sure enough, Bill Bonanno's book is one of the sources for the movie. But the movie focused on Joe Bonanno, and has Joe Bonanno claim that the assassination of Kennedy by other Godfathers acting on their own convinced him that the Commission set up by Luciano in the 30's was dead. This does more than suggest that Joe Bonanno confirmed his son's claim that the mob was behind the assassination...

Well, the other sources for the movie, according to its prologue, were Joe Bonanno's book, Man of Honor, and 50 hours of interviews conducted especially for the movie. I don't believe Bonanno claims the mob killed Kennedy in Man of Honor. So this leaves the 50 hours of interviews...

Does anyone know if Joe Bonanno told the creators of this film that yes, indeed, the mob killed JFK? Because, if so, that is a big story that we all somehow missed... Correct?

The other night I watched Bonanno: a Godfather's Story on cable television. It is the story of Joe Bonanno. Although this movie was a 5 hour, 2-parter, and had apparently been shown on Showtime, I'd never heard of it before.

Anyhow, in the movie it is claimed that JFK was killed to stop Bobby from persecuting the mob, and names names: Marcello, Trafficante, Giancana, and Rosselli. Now, I know that Bonanno's son, Bill Bonanno, wrote about this in his memoir. And sure enough, Bill Bonanno's book is one of the sources for the movie. But the movie focused on Joe Bonanno, and has Joe Bonanno claim that the assassination of Kennedy by other Godfathers acting on their own convinced him that the Commission set up by Luciano in the 30's was dead. This does more than suggest that Joe Bonanno confirmed his son's claim that the mob was behind the assassination...

Well, the other sources for the movie, according to its prologue, were Joe Bonanno's book, Man of Honor, and 50 hours of interviews conducted especially for the movie. I don't believe Bonanno claims the mob killed Kennedy in Man of Honor. So this leaves the 50 hours of interviews...

Does anyone know if Joe Bonanno told the creators of this film that yes, indeed, the mob killed JFK? Because, if so, that is a big story that we all somehow missed... Correct?

Seems so Pat. Just a lame attempt to foist the mob on us once more. But yeah it would be god to know.