The Education Forum

Hickey "head turn"

Robin Unger

While discussing the possible startled reaction as seen by A.J.Millican in Willis 5

I happened to notice that Hickey appears to have turned his head to the right between Betzner 3 and Willis 5

the same time as Willis snapped his photo in reaction to a noise, and Millican seems to have been startled by something !

Look at the agents in the follow up car !

All heads appear to be in almost EXACTLY the same position in both Betzner3 and Willis 5 photo's apart from Hickey.

Was hickey's head turn, in reaction to the same noise which appears to have startled Millican, and caused Willis to snap his photo. ?

LIFE_2.jpg

LastScan66.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Quote:

Q: Now while you were in Dealey Plaza on that day, Mr. Willis, did anything unusual happen that caused you to draw your attention to a particular incident?

A: Yes.

Q: Tell the Jury what happened.

A: Well, after having photographed the President on Main Street and on Houston Street and then in front of the Depository Building on Elm Street I cocked my camera for another picture and this loud shot went off and the first reaction was that could it be a crank or a firecracker but it was so loud and of such a sound it had to be rifle so I became alarmed. I was trying to take a picture at the moment and the reflex from the shot caused me to take one of these pictures.

Q: I show you what the State has previously identified as S-33 and I ask you whether or not this is the photograph that you took at the time you said you heard the first shot?

A: Yes, sir.

Q: After having taken this photograph, Mr. Willis, what did you do?

A: My two little daughters were running along down the hill paralleling the Presidential car there and I yelled to one of them, which is the firs thing I did, and then I heard at least two more shots and then I started looking for them and looking down and hollering for them to come back to me and they came running back crying.

Clay Shaw trial

http://www.jfk-fr.com/en/bio_264.php ssa george w.hickey

George Hickey (Secret Service agent, in the follow-up car), November 22,

1963: “Just prior to the shooting I was seated in the rear of [the followup

car] on the left side. As [the Presidential limousine] made the turn

and proceeded a short distance I heard what seemed to me that a firecracker

exploded to the right and rear.” [statement: 18H765]

Edited by Bernice Moore

While discussing the possible startled reaction as seen by A.J.Millican in Willis 5

I happened to notice that Hickey appears to have turned his head to the right between Betzner 3 and Willis 5

the same time as Willis snapped his photo in reaction to a noise, and Millican seems to have been startled by something !

All heads appear to be in almost EXACTLY the same position in both Betzner3 and Willis 5 photo's apart from Hickey.

Was hickey's head turn, in reaction to the same noise which appears to have startled Millican, and caused Willis to snap his photo. ?

Excellent question Robin. :up

Hickey turned his head rapidly at the same time Zapruder shaked his arms at 197-198.

Here you go:

193-202.gif

best

Martin

http://www.jfk-fr.com/en/bio_264.php ssa george w.hickey

George Hickey (Secret Service agent, in the follow-up car), November 22,

1963: “Just prior to the shooting I was seated in the rear of [the followup

car] on the left side. As [the Presidential limousine] made the turn

and proceeded a short distance I heard what seemed to me that a firecracker

exploded to the right and rear.” [statement: 18H765]

Thanks B

Great information as always.

robin.

Excellent question Robin. :up

Hickey turned his head rapidly at the same time Zapruder shaked his arms at 197-198.

Here you go:

193-202.gif

best

Martin

Thanks Martin.

Once again we are in Sync my friend. :P

Frame Z-152

Hickey's head position as seen in Betzner 3

LastScan_Z-152.jpg

Frame Z-198

Hickey's head position as seen in Willis 5

Rosemary Willis head snap ?

Edited by Robin Unger

Frame Z-198

Hickey's head position as seen in Willis 5

Rosemary Willis head snap ?

Thank you Robin.

Rosemary turned her head pretty often during her run, but not at that time.

best to you

Martin

Edit: Here a closeup of Hickey's head turn within a tenth of a second. Frames 196+198 (197 is too blurry)

196-198.gif

Edited by Martin Hinrichs