The Education Forum

Jack Ruby

Tony Austin

You Don't Know Me But You Will: The World of Jack Ruby

by Jerry Rose

The Third Decade, Volume 4, Issue 1

http://www.maryferre...739&relPageId=3

This is one of the few areas, where the names R.D. Matthews, Jack Ruby and George DeMohrenschildt appear in an ersatz, degrees of separation.....

Thought I would share.......

FOWLER, CLAYTON -----

Sources: CE 2786; CD 1328; CD 4, p. 368; HSCA, Vol. 9, p. 525; Forgive My Grief I, Jones, pp. 12, 14-17, 19, 176-178, 180; Dallas Morning News, 3/23/71, p. 3-D

Mary's

Comments: Wife: Claire M. Attorney. On Sept 20, 1961, Fowler owned 3918 Travis St., Dallas. R. D. Matthews lived there. Matthews worked for Fowler as a bondsman. Fowler was law partner of Jim Martin and Costine A. Droby. He was attorney for Jack Ruby and for George deMohrenschildt. Died Monday, March 22, 1971, at age 49.

DMN 03-23-1971

Prominent Attorney Clayton Fowler Dies

Clayton Fowler, 49, of 7011 Janmar, a prominent Dallas attorney for several decades, died here Monday.

Born in Colmesneil, Tyler County, Fowler had lived in Dallas for about 30 years. He served as chief defense counsel for Jack Ruby

in 1964 in Ruby’s trial for slaying Lee Harvey Oswald.

A man who delighted in his “country” image and liked being thought of as a “common” man, Foeler grew up on a farm in Tyler

County and still owned it at the time of his death.

He attended Marshall Junior College, Southern Methodist University and the University of Texas at Austin, and was admitted to the bar in 1947.

He was an aviation cadet in the Navy and lost his right leg in a plane crash in 1942.

For the past 12 years Fowler was a member of Fowler, Lyle, Droby and Martin law firm. He had been associated with his partner Costine A. Droby

however, for the past 25 years

Though never elected, Fowler ran for the Texas Legislature three times and was defeated in a Texas Senate Race in 1967, and for justice of the peace in 1968.

Active in civic and church work, Fowler was active in the Churchill Way Presbyterian Church and an adviser to Post 802 Explorer Scouts.

He also was a member of the Parent Teacher Association. He was a past President of the old Skidrow Bar, a past President of the Dallas County Bar Association

and past chairman of the criminal law section of the Dallas Bar Association. He also was a member of the Dallas Texas and American Bar Associations.

Funeral Services will be held at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday at Restland’s Memorial Funeral Chapel. Burial will be in Restland Memorial Park.

Wonder what time frame he represented George DeMohrenschildt?

If it was around, or before, the same time frame he represented Jack Ruby that would be of more than a passing interest, one would think.