The Education Forum

The Trach Incision -

Just now, Micah Mileto said:

9 hours ago, Tom Neal said:

When did the "EOP entrance wound" become an established fact like the hole in the back of the head, the back wound, and the throat wound? You guys are sure talking like it's a fact...

Everybody at the autopsy saw it, whether they care or do not care about maintaining the official story. The open-cranium photograph(s) may very well show it. If there was a hole in the back of the head, it couldn't have gone much farther below the level of the ears. That spot is reserved for the EOP wound, which poses equal or more of a problem than a rear blowout.

Micah,

There is plenty of testimony indicating that a hole was found in the scalp near the EOP, but not in the skull. It was only with the Harper fragment in place that a hole reportedly could be seen.

For example, in his HSCA testimony, Dr. Boswell said they had to dissect JFK’s scalp to see the entrance wound in his skull bone, “But not too much,” Boswell explained, “because this bone was all gone and actually the smaller fragment fit this piece down here – there was a hole here, only half of which was present in the bone that was intact, and this small piece then fit right on there and the beveling on those was on the interior surface.” Boswell later elaborated, "There was a shelf and then a little hole came up on the side and then one of the smaller of the two fragments in that X-ray, when that arrived, we were able to fit that down there and complete the circumference of that bone wound.”

In other words, half the hole was located on the Harper fragment, and the other half on the intact bone.

I personally doubt the hole really existed. But if it did, I think that only those very close up could make it out.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Micah,

There is plenty of testimony indicating that a hole was found in the scalp near the EOP, but not in the skull. It was only with the Harper fragment in place that a hole reportedly could be seen.

For example, in his HSCA testimony, Dr. Boswell said they had to dissect JFK’s scalp to see the entrance wound in his skull bone, “But not too much,” Boswell explained, “because this bone was all gone and actually the smaller fragment fit this piece down here – there was a hole here, only half of which was present in the bone that was intact, and this small piece then fit right on there and the beveling on those was on the interior surface.” Boswell later elaborated, "There was a shelf and then a little hole came up on the side and then one of the smaller of the two fragments in that X-ray, when that arrived, we were able to fit that down there and complete the circumference of that bone wound.”

In other words, half the hole was located on the Harper fragment, and the other half on the intact bone.

I personally doubt the hole really existed. But if it did, I think that only those very close up could make it out.

So what's on the open cranium photos?

You do understand, Micah, that if a projectile (or part of a projectile) was to ultimately exit JFK's throat, it would have to enter just below the EOP and not at the EOP. If the entry wound was at the EOP, the bullet would likely penetrate the skull bone and, even if it should exit the skull in the front, the projectile would be much higher than the wound was on JFK's throat.

1 minute ago, Robert Prudhomme said:

You do understand, Micah, that if a projectile (or part of a projectile) was to ultimately exit JFK's throat, it would have to enter just below the EOP and not at the EOP. If the entry wound was at the EOP, the bullet would likely penetrate the skull bone and, even if it should exit the skull in the front, the projectile would be much higher than the wound was on JFK's throat.

Not if it deflected a lot, which is what you'd expect from a bullet hitting that area.

I realize this, Micah. However, if it struck higher up (away from the base of the skull) it would be just as likely to punch its way through the skull bone and end up inside the cranial cavity. In order for this shot to exit the throat, the bullet had to have been travelling almost parallel to the curved base of the skull; striking the base a tangential blow and being deflected downward at a steeper angle.

30 minutes ago, Robert Prudhomme said:

I realize this, Micah. However, if it struck higher up (away from the base of the skull) it would be just as likely to punch its way through the skull bone and end up inside the cranial cavity. In order for this shot to exit the throat, the bullet had to have been travelling almost parallel to the curved base of the skull; striking the base a tangential blow and being deflected downward at a steeper angle.

I tend to withhold speculation once a bullet hits such a curved part of the skull, because you'd expect it to deflect a lot, possibly in unexpected ways.

Edited by Micah Mileto

I think you would be more likely to withhold speculation than withstand speculation. 

We already have the evidence of a throat and trachea wound and possibly the deposition of fragments at C3/C4 vertebrae. Unless the bullet deflected so much that it left JFK's body altogether, I would tend to think, just for the sake of speculation, the wound under the EOP might be associated with these other wounds.