The Education Forum

Harrod G Miller

I've decided Harrod G Miller, deserves his own thread.

After discovering that a H.G.Miller was living at 3560 Townsend Dr. Fort Worth in 1963

See

http://www.maryferre...46&relPageId=27

Additionally an H.G. Miller is listed on

New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924

« Back to search results

An image for this record may be available at:

www.ellisisland.org

Fees may apply.

Given Name: H. G.

Surname: Miller

Last Place of Residence:

Date of Arrival: 11 Jun 1919

Age at Arrival: 22y

Ethnicity: Amer

Port of Departure: Cristobal, C. Z.

Port of Arrival: New York

results from familysearch.org

Cristobal, C.Z. is Cristobal, Canal Zone

Fort Worth Star-Telegram (TX) - May 18, 1992

Deceased Name: Harold B. Miller , admiral, naval public relations expert

Harold B. Miller, an aviation pioneer who became a public relations expert as an admiral in the Navy and later as a corporate executive, died Friday at the Americana Nursing Home in Overland Park, Kan. He was 89 and lived in Shawnee Mission, Kan.

He died of multiple ailments, his family said.

In his varied career, Mr. Miller was an innovator in combat news coverage, headed Radio Free Europe and was an author, government official and college administrator.

He transformed coverage of the Navy in World War II as a publicity aide to Adm. Chester W. Nimitz and in a new public relations post for the entire Navy that was created for him in 1945.

He was assigned the job by Navy brass who envied the publicity garnered by Army Gen. Douglas MacArthur while their stories were lost in bureaucracy, censorship, logistics and weekslong delays.

He was promoted to rear admiral at age 42 - the youngest person to hold the title then.

Removing a "Do Not Enter" sign at his office, he told reporters: "It will be our policy while I am here to tell you just what the hell is going on. If national security is involved, we will tell you that, too, and try to explain why. My office has three doors, and all of them will be open all day."

He authorized more correspondents and photographers to battlefronts and set up radios and couriers. He had enlisted men report to hometown papers. He used Edward Steichen, the famed photographer, and recruited 20th Century-Fox to film The Fighting Lady, a documentary.

After he left the Navy in 1946, with a Legion of Merit and a Gold Star, he became Trans World Airlines' vice president for public relations. He also served as director of the Congressional Aviation Policy Board and president of the National Committee for Free Europe.

His longest tenures were several years as the American Petroleum Institute's information director and the Oil Industry Information Committee's director, 11 years as Pan Am's public relations director, and six years as a vice president of Hofstra University, where he retired in 1974.

His first marriage, to Jean Dupont, ended in divorce, and his second wife, the former Mary Emory Hodgkinson, died.

Survivors: Wife of 38 years, the former Mary L. McGee; daughter, Joan Ingalls of Fiddletown Creek, Calif.; two sons, Harold B. Miller Jr. of Chapel Hill, N.C., and Barry Miller of Lambesc, France; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.

Dallas Morning News, The (TX) - April 5, 1989

Deceased Name: SERVICES THURSDAY FOR GILES E. MILLER SR.

Services for Giles E. Miller Sr., the original owner of the Dallas Texans football team, will be held at 2:30 p.m. Thursday at Sparkman-Hillcrest Funeral Home in Dallas. Burial will follow at the Sparkman-Hillcrest Mausoleum.

Mr. Miller died Sunday morning at the Spohn Hospital in Corpus Christi after a lengthy illness. He was 68.

A Dallas native, Mr. Miller was a graduate of Terrill Prep School. He completed one year at the University of Texas at Austin before transferring to Southern Methodist University where he received a law degree in 1941.

After college, he served in the U.S. Navy in the naval intelligence division.

In 1953, Mr. Miller bought the Dallas Texans, the first professional team in Texas. The Texans eventually became the Baltimore Colts of the National Football League. That team is now the Indianapolis Colts. A later Dallas Texans team went on to become the Kansas City Chiefs.

In 1957, he bought Texas Textile Mills. He later expanded his business interests to radio and newspaper publishing.

Mr. Miller was editor and publisher of the Park Cities News from 1957 to 1963 and later owned Dallas radio stations KPCN, KOKE, KIXZ and KINT.

He was a Dallas County assistant district attorney more than 11 years beginning in 1969. He also had a private law practice and was a practicing lawyer at the time of his death.

He was a member of the Love Field Masonic Lodge, the Hella Shrine Temple and the Dallas Country Club. He also was a member of the Dervish Club and the "Bonehead' Club.

He also ran for U.S. Congress and the state Legislature, but was not elected.

He is survived by his wife, Narene M. Miller of Corpus Christi; sons, Giles E. "Ed' Miller Jr. of Fort Worth , Stewart R. Miller of Dallas, Donovan C. Miller of Austin, Scott L. Miller and Jonathan B. Miller, both of Corpus Christi; a daughter, Sonya Miller of Eureka, Calif.; a brother, Bryan C. Miller of Dallas; and nine grandchildren.

its about time this Harrod G Miller business got settled, once and for all.

Edited by Robert Howard

Robert

Your three H. G. Miller's must all be different. The first would have been born in 1897 the second in 1903 and the third does not thave the same name. Interestingly the Harrod Miller that I have been interested in did, it seems, spend time in the Canal Zone and his age seems about right. Also interesting is that his time in Central America may overlap with time that John "Frenchy" Grombach spent there as well.

I agree this man is of interest if for no other reason than he is associated John B. Hurt and Frank Rowlett as well as John Freidmans group of cryptologists.

Jim Root

Robert

Your three H. G. Miller's must all be different. The first would have been born in 1897 the second in 1903 and the third does not thave the same name. Interestingly the Harrod Miller that I have been interested in did, it seems, spend time in the Canal Zone and his age seems about right. Also interesting is that his time in Central America may overlap with time that John "Frenchy" Grombach spent there as well.

I agree this man is of interest if for no other reason than he is associated John B. Hurt and Frank Rowlett as well as John Freidmans group of cryptologists.

Jim Root

Well, the reason I keep sticking to this is that I am completely and utterly convinced that Lee Harvey Oswald had a cryptographic connection, on some level with the SIS group. While we know that Harrod G Miller, died in Arkansas circa 1966, there is still the matter of his wife, in which in one source lists her death as

1987 in Irving, Texas......

Not to mention the fact that there were several other persons in SIS besides John Hurt, Freidman, Miller etc.....

Any one of these persons that can be traced to a connection to Lee Harvey Oswald provides a solid foundation to

the belief that when Oswald attempted to call Hurt, or Hurt attempted to call Oswald, there was a underlying cryptographic

connection. Proving that requires a lot of difficult and tedious work, but I have already discovered

glimmers of a connection.

Take Giles Miller for example

December 18, 1963

Mr Giles Miller, 3415 Westminister, University Park, Texas, residence 3416 St. Johns Drive, Highland Park, Texas furnished the following information:

In approximately the fall of 1959, he met Jack Ruby through a former business associate of his J.G. "Jack" Schatz. He advised Schatz told him that Ruby was a friend of his

who he wanted Miller to meet. He said he and Schatz went to the Sovereign Club, and while there, in conversation with Schatz, he recalls Ruby saying he had been

exiled from Chicago, and although he wanted to go to California, he had been directed to come to Dallas. Miller advised he did not pay too much attention

to the foregoing conversation as Ruby impressed him as a "typical Chicagoan."

He said subsequent to the conversation with Ruby, he received a membership card to the Sovereign Club, and therafter visited the Sovereign Club on six or seven

occasions, the last time being in April or May of 1960.

He said he only recalls seeing Ruby in the club on only three or four of these occasions.

Miller advised Ruby appeared to be desperately trying to get people with money, or influence to join his club.

Miller advised he recalls seeing Blackie Sherrod, a sportswriter with one of the Dallas newspapers at the club.

Miller advised that he does not recall ever having seen Lee Harvey Oswald with Ruby, or at the Sovereign Club.

FBI report dated December it 1963 of interview of Giles Miller at University Park Texas (CD 105 p 120)

also

http://www.maryferre...6&relPageId=145

So here you have an example of a very significant person who had a Ruby connection, not exactly minutae

in my book.

Edited by Robert Howard

Robert

Might sugggest a good read of the information provided in the backyup docs for the Warren Commission dealing with the Silvia Odio case. Edwin Walker made a lot of notes dealing with this investigation which sparked my interest. At one point the attorneys investigating the Odio incident suggested that the men who may have been with Oswald may have provided him with a contact number. The investigation went no further than that speculation for some reason but as we now know John Hurt's name comes into the story as a potential Oswald contact.

Why is this important to me?

John Hurt's work for US intelligence from 1947 on is still classified to this day. All others from Friedman's original group have had their bios open and we have at least an outline of thier career work.....except Hurt.

If Oswald was provided this name and a contact number to call and further told to mention this name, Oswald may have signed his own death warrent. Imagine if US Intelligence becomes aware of the fact that the accused assassin of the President of the United States has a contact name for a man who is involved with some of the most highly classified secrets of US Intelligence. I speculate that this puts into motion the demise of Oswald and that those involved in ploting the death of the President to not have to handle the dirty work of the elimination of their suspect.

Following this lead and speculating on who in Raleigh, NC Oswald may have called and set the wheels of intelligence in motion I unearthed a rather interesting cache of material that has tightend my theory of the assassination. And yes the cryto portion of this is the key to lead us to John J. McCloy.

Jim Root

Robert

Might sugggest a good read of the information provided in the backyup docs for the Warren Commission dealing with the Silvia Odio case. Edwin Walker made a lot of notes dealing with this investigation which sparked my interest. At one point the attorneys investigating the Odio incident suggested that the men who may have been with Oswald may have provided him with a contact number. The investigation went no further than that speculation for some reason but as we now know John Hurt's name comes into the story as a potential Oswald contact.

John Hurt's work for US intelligence from 1947 on is still classified to this day. All others from Friedman's original group have had their bios open and we have at least an outline of thier career work.....except Hurt.

If Oswald was provided this name and a contact number to call and further told to mention this name, Oswald may have signed his own death warrent. Imagine if US Intelligence becomes aware of the fact that the accused assassin of the President of the United States has a contact name for a man who is involved with some of the most highly classified secrets of US Intelligence. I speculate that this puts into motion the demise of Oswald and that those involved in ploting the death of the President to not have to handle the dirty work of the elimination of their suspect.

Following this lead and speculating on who in Raleigh, NC Oswald may have called and set the wheels of intelligence in motion I unearthed a rather interesting cache of material that has tightend my theory of the assassination. And yes the cryto portion of this is the key to lead us to John J. McCloy.

Jim Root

I really appreciate your input and suggestion, I will

definitely keep it under advisement.

http://www.ctka.net/pr996-odio.html

http://www.maryferre....do?docId=60438

I did not know it but Gaeton Fonzi interviewed Silvia Odio, and it seems she opened up a lot to him.

Siliva stated that when Liebeler came to Dallas the second time Wesley Liebeler was

accompanied by a Mr Martin Phillips of CBS. But Silvia Odio told Gaeton Fonzi

that Liebeler told her, his companion was "Marina Oswald's attorney."

She also told him some details about Mrs Connell, I was not aware of.

Such as . . . . . . "She was a Protestant, who got involved in the Catholic Welfare

Bureau,." And that "she was involved with a lot of different groups

and talked to me about them. She was very intense about the John Birch Society.

She was also involved with the Rosicrucians. And also with the mental health association

in Dallas." I wish I could add more of the interview, but time does not allow.

Silvia did say that Mrs. Connell's husband "had a large C.P.A. firm in Dallas

J. P. Connell

http://www.maryferre...438&relPageId=4

Connell had even gotten her psychiatrist, Dr. Einspruch (who later went to Philadelphia Naval Hospital.) (She later visited him there; he was wearing a uniform.)

Robert: Since there seemed to be some uncertainty about Mrs Connell's husband's line of work.

I checked my sources and discovered a C.P.A. in the pertinent time frame

named "C. Lee Connell."

I believe I have provided some closure re who Lucille Connell's

husband was.

On September 20, 1955 the Dallas Morning News ran a story entitled

"Alger to Speak to CPA Chapter;"

The Alger in question was right-wing politician Bruce Alger, and the CPA Chapter

was the 'Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants."

C. Lee Connell was listed as being one of those to be attending.

Alger's topic for the address was "The Joint Responsibility of Citizen and

Congressman." [it all seems to fit, does it not?]

more on Martin Phillips

Martin Phillips of CBS

Martin Phillips is an American with deep roots in South Africa. He was born in Cape Town, and grew up in Kenilworth. His father, Walter Phillips, pioneered heart surgery in South Africa, and was head of Cardio-Thoracic surgery at Groote Schuur through the early 60s. His grandfather, Max Sonnenberg, founded Woolworths in South Africa. His family immigrated to the United States in the mid-60s.

Martin took classical piano lessons as a child, but his love was always jazz. What started as an obsession with the beat of township music expanded to American artists like Miles Davis, John Coltrane and Dave Brubeck.

He attended Brandeis University in Massachusetts and Columbia University in New York. He holds an MS in Journalism, and a Masters of International Affairs from Columbia University. After graduate school, he became a television news producer for the CBS television newsmagazine "60 Minutes," and later a news producer and news manager for the ABC news broadcast "20/20."

He has returned to South Africa several times with his American family, lured back by the country's people, beauty and music. In January 2010, he taught broadcast journalism for several months at Rhodes University in Grahamstown. He is currently teaching journalism at Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida.

He created "Evening Jazz" last year in New York, a radio show featuring American, Latin and African jazz performers. It is a show designed to introduce the three cultures to each other's best jazz performers and composers.

The broadcast is now prepared at Lynn University and broadcast in the United States and South Africa.

http://www.fmr.co.za...martin-phillips

Martin Phillips is also cited, as Silvia Odio in Bugliosi's tome on the assassination see google books page 1301

According to Bugliosi, [grain of salt?] Silvia said that she asked the "Oswald" who was with the Mexican and the other individual,

if he had ever been to Cuba. According to Reclaiming History's account, he said he had not.

more on the Connell's

Dallas Morning News, The (TX) - March 15, 2008

CONNELL, C. LEE Clifford Lee Connell was born Oct. 9, 1910 in Neyland Texas and passed away Mar. 8, 2008 in Dallas, Texas. His family moved to Dallas in 1919, where he graduated from Oak Cliff High School in 1928 and Southern Methodist University in 1933 with a degree in Accounting. He earned his CPA, and started his own Accounting firm in 1940. In 1965 Lee merged with Alexander Grant & Co. and was Dallas Managing Partner with Grant until his retirement in 1976. He was a life member of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants and a Life member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He served on the Board of the Texas Society of CPA's, Board of the Directors of the Dallas Chapter of TSCPA, Membership Committee of the American Institute of CPA's, former Chairman of Membership Committee of TSCPA, Chairman of CPA division of the United Fund Campaign, Charter Member of Dallas Baptist College Resources Committee. He also served on the Board of Managers of the Dallas County Hospital district. In 1963 he was involved in the organization and on the first board of what would become St Alcuin Montessori School. After his retirement from Alexander Grant & Co. he became the pro-bono treasurer of the St Alcuin Montessori School until his retirement from the school in 1993. The school recognized Lee as their Treasurer-Emeritus. He was a retired member of the Petroleum Club, and a member of Northwood Club where he enjoyed many years of golf. Lee was a member of the Central Christian Church. Lee is survived by his beloved wife Lucille Cole Hoffer Connell of 43 years. He is also survived by his sister Winona Vinson, daughters Janis Coulson and Colleen Meyer, step son's Frank and Temple Hoffer, son in law Robert Kelley, granddaughter Ashley Tyler and many other grand children, great grandchildren and great, great grandchildren. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 15, 2008, at Sparkman/Hillcrest Northwest Highway Chapel. Remembrances can be made to the church or charity of your choice. Dignity Memorial Sparkman Hillcrest 7405 W. Northwest Hwy. Dallas (214) 363-5401

DMN December 19, 1964 "Mass Today for Cubans' Office Chief"

Requiem Mass for Joaquin Insua, 66, of 6623 Oram,

director of the Cuban Resettlement Office here,

will be sung at 9:30 a.m. Saturday in Sacred Heart Cathedral.

Burial will be in Calvary Hill Cemetery.

Mr. Insua, who died here Thursday, was a native of Santiago, Cuba.

He attended college at Santiago, and also at Havana, where he

received a bachelor's degree in accounting.

Mr. Insua worked 20 years for Havana Power and Light Co., where

he became a director.

He resigned in 1961 when the Castro government took control of

power companies.

Mr. Insua took his family to Miami, Fla., that same year and then

moved to Dallas. In 1963 he received a citation of merit from the

Cuban Refugee Center in Miami.

Survivors: Wife and a daughter, Miss Marcella Insua of Dallas;

a sister, Mrs. Maria Whitehouse of Miami, and a brother,

Enrique Insua of Cuba.

This just keeps getting more and more interesting.

I will have to put in an FOIA request for Harrod G Miller.

DMN 2/4/65 Miss Miller, Mr. Moore Married

Michael Walton Moore and his bride, the former Miss Leslie

Vardis Miller are living at 5829 Blackwell.

Parents of the bride and bridegroom, both of whom have

attended Southern Methodist University, are Mr. and Mrs.

William L. Miller of Houston and Mr. and Mrs. James W.

Moore 5145 Rexton Lane. Mr. Moore is a member of Alpha

Tau Omega, adn huis bride has served as vice-president of

her sorority, Zeta Tau Alpha.

The Rev. Kelly Williams officiated at the wedding ceremony

Jan. 23 in the Chapelwood Methodist Church of Houston.

Miller gave his daughter in marriage, and Miss Flocter Way of Houston

and Fred Steir of Bethasda Md., were honor attendants

Dallas Morning News, The (TX) - June 22, 2006

Deceased Name: JAMES WALTON 'JIM' MOORE

Spy who liberated WWII prisoners

James Walton "Jim" Moore was a spy.

His career working for the U.S. government included liberating many of the missionary-school instructors who had taught him as a child in China from a Japanese prison camp at the end of World War II.

Mr. Moore, 86, died Sunday of cancer at his Dallas home.

A memorial will be at 1 p.m. today at Restland Funeral Home's Memorial Chapel.

As a child, Mr. Moore's daughter, Dallas Swan Crowder of Plano, grew tired of telling people her father worked for the U.S. government.

"Finally, I started telling people he was a Popsicle man, because I decided that would be fun," Ms. Crowder said.

Mr. Moore was the son of Baptist missionaries. Born in Hartwell, Ga., he grew up in Chefoo, China, now known as Yantai, where he attended the China Inland Mission School.

On Aug. 17, 1945, Mr. Moore was one of seven paratroopers who liberated about 1,500 people from the Japanese camp at Weihsien, China, now known Weifang. The prisoners included many of his former instructors from the missionary school.

Mr. Moore had been a special agent with the FBI before joining the war effort. He was a Navy ensign with the Office of Strategic Services, forerunner to the CIA.

He was second in command on the day of the raid, which occurred three days after the war had officially ended. The liberators jumped from a modified bomb bay of a B-24.

The imprisoned former teachers recognized their student as he parachuted in, Mr. Moore's daughter said.

"They saw him, it was like 'There's Jim,'" Ms. Crowder said. "It was just such a wonderful thing for him to get to do."

After graduating from China Inland Mission School, Mr. Moore returned to the U.S., where he received his bachelor's degree from Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene. He then attended George Washington University Law School before joining the FBI.

Mr. Moore's 38-year career with the government included assignments with the State Department and the CIA. His stateside assignments included Houston and Dallas. He retired in 1978.

"Every day he would come home, and we'd say, 'How was your day?' and he'd say, 'Fine,'" his daughter recalled. "We'd say, 'What happened?' and he'd say, 'I can't tell you, or I'd have to kill you.'"

Mr. Moore was a kind man who had a lot of integrity, Ms. Crowder said.

He played tennis and handball and loved to swim. He was a member of the Southwest Handball Hall of Fame, his daughter said.

"He was extremely involved in the church [First Community Church]," she said. "He never missed church."

In addition to his daughter, Mr. Moore is survived by his wife, Patricia Moore of Dallas; a son, Mike Moore of Tulsa; another daughter, Niki Snidowof Allen; two sisters, Martha McClain of Fayetteville, Ark., and Miriam Wofford of Fort Worth; six grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.

Memorials may be made to First Community Church, 6255 E. Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, Texas 75214; or Greater Lakewood Shepherd Center, 6306 Kenwood Ave., Dallas, Texas 75214.

Home/Archive/Documents/JFK Assassination Documents/JFK Documents - Central Intelligence Agency/HSCA Segregated CIA Collection/HSCA Segregated CIA Collection, Box 44/

NARA Record Number: 1993.07.22.17:13:03:960590

SECURITY FILE ON JAMES WALTON MOORE

http://www.maryferre...do?docId=103964

On November 1, 1941 James Walton Moore was working as a

Senior Straggler Searcher, I would like to know where that was.....

The file is rather large, and I am sure there are other files.......

Edited by Robert Howard

Robert

Jim Root

I really appreciate your input and suggestion, I will

definitely keep it under advisement.

http://www.ctka.net/pr996-odio.html

http://www.maryferre....do?docId=60438

I did not know it but Gaeton Fonzi interviewed Silvia Odio, and it seems she opened up a lot to him.

Siliva stated that when Liebeler came to Dallas the second time Wesley Liebeler was

accompanied by a Mr Martin Phillips of CBS. But Silvia Odio told Gaeton Fonzi

that Liebeler told her, his companion was "Marina Oswald's attorney."

She also told him some details about Mrs Connell, I was not aware of.

Such as . . . . . . "She was a Protestant, who got involved in the Catholic Welfare

Bureau,." And that "she was involved with a lot of different groups

and talked to me about them. She was very intense about the John Birch Society.

She was also involved with the Rosicrucians. And also with the mental health association

in Dallas." I wish I could add more of the interview, but time does not allow.

Silvia did say that Mrs. Connell's husband "had a large C.P.A. firm in Dallas

J. P. Connell

http://www.maryferre...438&relPageId=4

Connell had even gotten her psychiatrist, Dr. Einspruch (who later went to Philadelphia Naval Hospital.) (She later visited him there; he was wearing a uniform.)

Robert: Since there seemed to be some uncertainty about Mrs Connell's husband's line of work.

I checked my sources and discovered a C.P.A. in the pertinent time frame

named "C. Lee Connell."

I believe I have provided some closure re who Lucille Connell's

husband was.

On September 20, 1955 the Dallas Morning News ran a story entitled

"Alger to Speak to CPA Chapter;"

The Alger in question was right-wing politician Bruce Alger, and the CPA Chapter

was the 'Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants."

C. Lee Connell was listed as being one of those to be attending.

Alger's topic for the address was "The Joint Responsibility of Citizen and

Congressman." [it all seems to fit, does it not?]

more on Martin Phillips

Martin Phillips of CBS

Martin Phillips is an American with deep roots in South Africa. He was born in Cape Town, and grew up in Kenilworth. His father, Walter Phillips, pioneered heart surgery in South Africa, and was head of Cardio-Thoracic surgery at Groote Schuur through the early 60s. His grandfather, Max Sonnenberg, founded Woolworths in South Africa. His family immigrated to the United States in the mid-60s.

Martin took classical piano lessons as a child, but his love was always jazz. What started as an obsession with the beat of township music expanded to American artists like Miles Davis, John Coltrane and Dave Brubeck.

He attended Brandeis University in Massachusetts and Columbia University in New York. He holds an MS in Journalism, and a Masters of International Affairs from Columbia University. After graduate school, he became a television news producer for the CBS television newsmagazine "60 Minutes," and later a news producer and news manager for the ABC news broadcast "20/20."

He has returned to South Africa several times with his American family, lured back by the country's people, beauty and music. In January 2010, he taught broadcast journalism for several months at Rhodes University in Grahamstown. He is currently teaching journalism at Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida.

He created "Evening Jazz" last year in New York, a radio show featuring American, Latin and African jazz performers. It is a show designed to introduce the three cultures to each other's best jazz performers and composers.

The broadcast is now prepared at Lynn University and broadcast in the United States and South Africa.

http://www.fmr.co.za...martin-phillips

Martin Phillips is also cited, as Silvia Odio in Bugliosi's tome on the assassination see google books page 1301

According to Bugliosi, [grain of salt?] Silvia said that she asked the "Oswald" who was with the Mexican and the other individual,

if he had ever been to Cuba. According to Reclaiming History's account, he said he had not.

more on the Connell's

Dallas Morning News, The (TX) - March 15, 2008

CONNELL, C. LEE Clifford Lee Connell was born Oct. 9, 1910 in Neyland Texas and passed away Mar. 8, 2008 in Dallas, Texas. His family moved to Dallas in 1919, where he graduated from Oak Cliff High School in 1928 and Southern Methodist University in 1933 with a degree in Accounting. He earned his CPA, and started his own Accounting firm in 1940. In 1965 Lee merged with Alexander Grant & Co. and was Dallas Managing Partner with Grant until his retirement in 1976. He was a life member of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants and a Life member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He served on the Board of the Texas Society of CPA's, Board of the Directors of the Dallas Chapter of TSCPA, Membership Committee of the American Institute of CPA's, former Chairman of Membership Committee of TSCPA, Chairman of CPA division of the United Fund Campaign, Charter Member of Dallas Baptist College Resources Committee. He also served on the Board of Managers of the Dallas County Hospital district. In 1963 he was involved in the organization and on the first board of what would become St Alcuin Montessori School. After his retirement from Alexander Grant & Co. he became the pro-bono treasurer of the St Alcuin Montessori School until his retirement from the school in 1993. The school recognized Lee as their Treasurer-Emeritus. He was a retired member of the Petroleum Club, and a member of Northwood Club where he enjoyed many years of golf. Lee was a member of the Central Christian Church. Lee is survived by his beloved wife Lucille Cole Hoffer Connell of 43 years. He is also survived by his sister Winona Vinson, daughters Janis Coulson and Colleen Meyer, step son's Frank and Temple Hoffer, son in law Robert Kelley, granddaughter Ashley Tyler and many other grand children, great grandchildren and great, great grandchildren. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 15, 2008, at Sparkman/Hillcrest Northwest Highway Chapel. Remembrances can be made to the church or charity of your choice. Dignity Memorial Sparkman Hillcrest 7405 W. Northwest Hwy. Dallas (214) 363-5401

DMN December 19, 1964 "Mass Today for Cubans' Office Chief"

Requiem Mass for Joaquin Insua, 66, of 6623 Oram,

director of the Cuban Resettlement Office here,

will be sung at 9:30 a.m. Saturday in Sacred Heart Cathedral.

Burial will be in Calvary Hill Cemetery.

Mr. Insua, who died here Thursday, was a native of Santiago, Cuba.

He attended college at Santiago, and also at Havana, where he

received a bachelor's degree in accounting.

Mr. Insua worked 20 years for Havana Power and Light Co., where

he became a director.

He resigned in 1961 when the Castro government took control of

power companies.

Mr. Insua took his family to Miami, Fla., that same year and then

moved to Dallas. In 1963 he received a citation of merit from the

Cuban Refugee Center in Miami.

Survivors: Wife and a daughter, Miss Marcella Insua of Dallas;

a sister, Mrs. Maria Whitehouse of Miami, and a brother,

Enrique Insua of Cuba.

This just keeps getting more and more interesting.

I will have to put in an FOIA request for Harrod G Miller.

DMN 2/4/65 Miss Miller, Mr. Moore Married

Michael Walton Moore and his bride, the former Miss Leslie

Vardis Miller are living at 5829 Blackwell.

Parents of the bride and bridegroom, both of whom have

attended Southern Methodist University, are Mr. and Mrs.

William L. Miller of Houston and Mr. and Mrs. James W.

Moore 5145 Rexton Lane. Mr. Moore is a member of Alpha

Tau Omega, adn huis bride has served as vice-president of

her sorority, Zeta Tau Alpha.

The Rev. Kelly Williams officiated at the wedding ceremony

Jan. 23 in the Chapelwood Methodist Church of Houston.

Miller gave his daughter in marriage, and Miss Flocter Way of Houston

and Fred Steir of Bethasda Md., were honor attendants

Dallas Morning News, The (TX) - June 22, 2006

Deceased Name: JAMES WALTON 'JIM' MOORE

Spy who liberated WWII prisoners

James Walton "Jim" Moore was a spy.

His career working for the U.S. government included liberating many of the missionary-school instructors who had taught him as a child in China from a Japanese prison camp at the end of World War II.

Mr. Moore, 86, died Sunday of cancer at his Dallas home.

A memorial will be at 1 p.m. today at Restland Funeral Home's Memorial Chapel.

As a child, Mr. Moore's daughter, Dallas Swan Crowder of Plano, grew tired of telling people her father worked for the U.S. government.

"Finally, I started telling people he was a Popsicle man, because I decided that would be fun," Ms. Crowder said.

Mr. Moore was the son of Baptist missionaries. Born in Hartwell, Ga., he grew up in Chefoo, China, now known as Yantai, where he attended the China Inland Mission School.

On Aug. 17, 1945, Mr. Moore was one of seven paratroopers who liberated about 1,500 people from the Japanese camp at Weihsien, China, now known Weifang. The prisoners included many of his former instructors from the missionary school.

Mr. Moore had been a special agent with the FBI before joining the war effort. He was a Navy ensign with the Office of Strategic Services, forerunner to the CIA.

He was second in command on the day of the raid, which occurred three days after the war had officially ended. The liberators jumped from a modified bomb bay of a B-24.

The imprisoned former teachers recognized their student as he parachuted in, Mr. Moore's daughter said.

"They saw him, it was like 'There's Jim,'" Ms. Crowder said. "It was just such a wonderful thing for him to get to do."

After graduating from China Inland Mission School, Mr. Moore returned to the U.S., where he received his bachelor's degree from Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene. He then attended George Washington University Law School before joining the FBI.

Mr. Moore's 38-year career with the government included assignments with the State Department and the CIA. His stateside assignments included Houston and Dallas. He retired in 1978.

"Every day he would come home, and we'd say, 'How was your day?' and he'd say, 'Fine,'" his daughter recalled. "We'd say, 'What happened?' and he'd say, 'I can't tell you, or I'd have to kill you.'"

Mr. Moore was a kind man who had a lot of integrity, Ms. Crowder said.

He played tennis and handball and loved to swim. He was a member of the Southwest Handball Hall of Fame, his daughter said.

"He was extremely involved in the church [First Community Church]," she said. "He never missed church."

In addition to his daughter, Mr. Moore is survived by his wife, Patricia Moore of Dallas; a son, Mike Moore of Tulsa; another daughter, Niki Snidowof Allen; two sisters, Martha McClain of Fayetteville, Ark., and Miriam Wofford of Fort Worth; six grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.

Memorials may be made to First Community Church, 6255 E. Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, Texas 75214; or Greater Lakewood Shepherd Center, 6306 Kenwood Ave., Dallas, Texas 75214.

Home/Archive/Documents/JFK Assassination Documents/JFK Documents - Central Intelligence Agency/HSCA Segregated CIA Collection/HSCA Segregated CIA Collection, Box 44/

NARA Record Number: 1993.07.22.17:13:03:960590

SECURITY FILE ON JAMES WALTON MOORE

http://www.maryferre...do?docId=103964

On November 1, 1941 James Walton Moore was working as a

Senior Straggler Searcher, I would like to know where that was.....

The file is rather large, and I am sure there are other files.......

I won't say the newest information below, closes the door on my Harrod G Miller research, but I do plan on spending more of my time

on other projects.

I found this today, note two deaths; I looked for a supplementary article

to see if there was a traffic accident, slaying et cetera, but did not find one.

Which is not to say there was not one; neither does the coincidence

of two Nelson obits on the same day, obviously prove a genealogical relationship.

DMN Deaths and Funerals

July 28, 1969

Mrs Jennie Olivia Nelson, 749 Neomi

Survived by sons Otis Nelson, Hal F. Nelson De Soto

Aubrey O.Nelson, Dallas; Mrs. Leon Morgan, Dallas;

Mrs. Gladys Nelson, Dallas, Mrs. Bernice Bowman,

Dallas; Mrs. Geraldine Durbin, Calif. Memorial Services

2:30 pm Monday RESTLANDS MEMORIAL CHAPEL,

GREENVILLE AT RESTLAND ROAD. Rev. Merle

Weaver, officiating; Internment Restland Memorial Park

RESTLAND LAURELAND FUNERAL HOMES AD 5-7111

Greenville at Restland Rd. AD 5-7111

Nelson, Mrs. Lena. Arrangements pending

RESTLAND LAURELAND FUNERAL HOMES

Greenville at Restland Rd. AD5-7111

Strangely enough, there appears to be more of a solid genealogical connection to Dallas regarding Rovene Miller

than Jennie Miller, the newest information, the best I can tell is not Harrod G Miller's wife, but some other relative.....

Of course, that conclusion is predicated on the assumption that the 1901 birthdate, cited below at

[http://freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wlonie/pafn61.htm]

is accurate. If it is not then all bets are off, meaning it probably is her

I do believe I have proven there is some type of connection to Dallas regarding Harrod G. Miller, though.

And if so, then there was an opportunity at least the realm of possibility that if Oswald ever had an

encounter with Harrod G Miller, then he damn well had an opportunity to know of the cryptologist

John B Hurt.

I am not naive enough to believe that if such an encounter took place it would be

listed somewhere in an official document.

BTW, That webpage has been updated since I first discovered it see

Dow Keay and Williamson Families

http://freepages.his...onie/pafn61.htm

Col Harrod George MILLER

1910, 1920 in Lincoln, Clark, Missouri with parents John and Margaret

Graduated West Point 1925. Presume that's where he met Jeanie.

1930 census Officer in Signal Corps based in Corozal Army Post, Balboa District, Panama

SS#379-38-2778

1934 Trenton Sunday Times Advertiser mentioned him in article about carrior pigeons

1941 06 12 Oregonian quoted Major Harrod G Miller

1948-12-31 Trenton Evening Times quoted commandant of the Army Signal School at Fort Monmouth about Japanese codes.

http://www.internmen...&search_id=8558

Jean "Jeanie" NELSON

1920 Filer in a Shipping Office

SS# 339-24-7460

could below be her daughter?

http://www.tnvacatio.../jean-c-nelson/

Below is a, sort of recap of the information trail.

Col. Harrod G. Miller, 65, U.S. Army,

retired, of Fayetteville, died this morning in the Huntsville* rest home. He was born Dec. 5, 1900 in Kahoka, Mo. and

was a member of the Masonic Lodge, the Consistory and the Angelical Church. Survivors are the widow, Mrs. Jean Miller of the home;

one daughter, Mrs. Rovene M. Conner of Irving, Tex.; one sister, Mrs. Paul C. Witt of Kahoka and three grandchildren.

Funeral and burial will be in Kahoka, Mo. with local arrangements by Moore's Chapel.

Name: Jennie Olivia Nelson

Marital Status: Widowed

Age 82 years

Death Date: 27 Jul 1969

Death County: Dallas

Death Place: Dallas, Texas, United States

112212 COLLART DAVID H 18 CONNER ROVENE M 21 07-Sep-1974

======================================================================

Rovene Conner attended MacArthur High School in Irving, Texas from 1969-1973

File Husband Wife Children Marriage Divorce

Number Name Age Name Age Under 18 Date Date

50303 CONNER WILLIAM L 38 ROVENE 39 2 03-Oct-1954 25-Oct-1974

name: Jennie Olivia Nelson

Death Date: 27 Jul 1969

Death Place: Dallas, Dallas, Texas

Race: Caucasian

Death Age: 82 years

Estimated Birth Date:

Birth Date: 22 Sep 1886

Birthplace: Freestone County, Texas

Marital Status: Widowed

Spouse's Name:

Father's Name: Carson

Father's Birthplace:

Mother's Name: Records Not Available

Mother's Birthplace:

Place of Residence: Dallas, Dallas, Texas

Cemetery: Restland Memorial Park

Burial Place: Dallas, Texas

Burial Date: 28 Jul 1969

Additional Relatives: X

Film Number: 2137519

Digital Film Number: 4029614

Image Number: 304

Reference Number: cn 47590

Name: Harrod G Miller

Residence: , Clark, Missouri

Estimated Birth Year: 1901

Birthplace: Missouri

Relationship to Head of Household: Son

Race: White

Marital Status: Single

Father's Birthplace:

Mother's Birthplace:

Film Number: 1820910

Digital Folder Number: 4312397

Image Number: 01005

Sheet Number: 1

Household Gender Age

Parent John H Miller M 46y

Parent Margaret Miller F 44y

Arthur K Miller M 17y

Rovine Miller F 15y

Harrod G Miller M 19y

Name: Jennie Nelson

Residence: Allegheny, Pennsylvania

Estimated Birth Year: 1901

Birthplace: Scotland

Relationship to Head of Household: Daughter

Race: White

Marital Status: Single

Father's Birthplace: Scotland

Mother's Birthplace: Scotland

Film Number: 1821519

Digital Folder Number: 4384986

Image Number: 01018

Sheet Number: 9

Household Gender Age

Parent Walter Nelson M 59y

Parent Jennie Nelson F 58y

Jennie Nelson F 19y

name: Rowena Davis Conner

Title:

Marital Status:

Death Date: 13 Apr 1982

Death County: Tarrant

Death Place: Tarrant, Texas, United States

now see

Also, again, thanks to Tom Scully, for providing the obituary for Colonel Harrod Miller.

Northwest Arkansas Times Saturday Sept., 24, 1966

NOTE: The two sources for the genealogical material

cited, besides newspaper articles are:

http://www.familysearch.org

http://www.internmentarchives.com

I also have been unable, for quite a

long period of time, completely unable to

download .pdf files to my computer; hence

practically every newspaper article

I have cited is a reproduction, but I spend

an inordinate amount of time, proofing

these articles, as I believe anyone can tell

I take such things quite seriously.

Edited by Robert Howard

Guest Tom Scully

5361535078_6546a90c07.jpg

Harrod George Miller and William Friedman, circa mid 1930's

The LNs could only dream that Oswald had a background like this. Was Harrod Miller an advisor to the shooters, and do we rule him out due to his age, in '63?

5361051501_34e9cfb991_b.jpg

http://digital-library.usma.edu/libmedia/archives/cullum/VOL7_PART0010.PDF

.pdf page 180

7632... (Born Mo.) .... HARROD GEORGE MILLER ........ (Ap'd Mo.) .. 7

(Born Dec. 5, 1900.)

Military History:-Cadet at the Military Academy, July 2, 1921, to June 12,

1925, when he was graduated and promoted in the Army to

SECOND LIEUTENANT, SIGNAL CORPS.

At New Haven, Conn., student officer, Yale University, Communications Engineering,

Aug. 5, 1925, to June 21, 1926, when he received degree of M.S. in Communications

Engineering; at Fort Monmouth, N. J., various duties, June 22, 1926, to

Jan. 1, 1927; Post Exchange Officer, Jan. 1, 1927, to Sept. 1, 1927; student officer,

Basic Course, the Signal School, to June 15, 1928, when he was graduated; en

route to Panama Canal Zone, Sept. 14, 1928, to Sept. 21, 1928; at Corozal, Canal

Zone, with the 10th Signal Company, Sept. 21, 1928, to

FIRST LIEUTENANT, SIGNAL CORPS, AUG. 1, 1930.

Sept. 21, 1930; at Fort Monmouth, N. J., with 15th Signal Service Company,

Oct. 2, 1930, to -

Edited by Tom Scully

5361535078_6546a90c07.jpg

Harrod George Miller and William Friedman, circa mid 1930's

The LNs could only dream that Oswald had a background like this. Was Harrod Miller an advisor to the shooters, and do we rule him out due to his age, in '63?

5361051501_34e9cfb991_b.jpg

http://digital-libra...L7_PART0010.PDF

.pdf page 180

7632... (Born Mo.) .... HARROD GEORGE MILLER ........ (Ap'd Mo.) .. 7

(Born Dec. 5, 1900.)

Military History:-Cadet at the Military Academy, July 2, 1921, to June 12,

1925, when he was graduated and promoted in the Army to

SECOND LIEUTENANT, SIGNAL CORPS.

At New Haven, Conn., student officer, Yale University, Communications Engineering,

Aug. 5, 1925, to June 21, 1926, when he received degree of M.S. in Communications

Engineering; at Fort Monmouth, N. J., various duties, June 22, 1926, to

Jan. 1, 1927; Post Exchange Officer, Jan. 1, 1927, to Sept. 1, 1927; student officer,

Basic Course, the Signal School, to June 15, 1928, when he was graduated; en

route to Panama Canal Zone, Sept. 14, 1928, to Sept. 21, 1928; at Corozal, Canal

Zone, with the 10th Signal Company, Sept. 21, 1928, to

FIRST LIEUTENANT, SIGNAL CORPS, AUG. 1, 1930.

Sept. 21, 1930; at Fort Monmouth, N. J., with 15th Signal Service Company,

Oct. 2, 1930, to -

Tom, regarding Harrod's marksmanship, as Johnny Carson used to say, "I did not know that."

I am glad you edited the photo to show everyone what Harrod looked like.

There's something about that photograph.........

Here is a blurb by Friedman's son

U.S. news & world report 2003

Volume 135, Issues 1-10

"TOOLS OF THE TRADE" SHOWS A photo with the caption "A U.S. intelligence officer in 1930 explains the guts of a cipher machine." The man in the picture is my father, William F. Friedman, who is considered the father of modern cryptography. The Man Who Broke Purple: The Life of William F. Friedman by biographer Ronald Clark, discussed that Friedman trained and led the team that broke the Japanese diplomatic code. Friedman's wife, Elizebeth Smith Friedman, was a code breaker in her own right. The Friedmans, working together at first and then for separate government agencies, developed many of the techniques used to make and break codes between World War I and the 1950s. William's "pioneering efforts" were instrumental in bringing about the founding of the National Security Agency. The agency honored them by naming one of the original NSA buildings the William and Elizebeth Friedman Building.

JOHN R. FRIEDMAN

Sanibel, Fla.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/culture/articles/030224/24lett.htm

Guest Tom Scully

Robert,

Oswald asked the Dallas City Hall operator to connect him with John Hurt. The SS instructed the operators not to even attempt to make the connection; to lie to Oswald.

The government claimed that Oswald attempted to buy a mail order revolver and wrote the name of the character witness on the form as "D.E." or "D.F." or "O.F." "Drittal" or "Drittel". The FBI could find no one with that last name. John Hurt's wife's name was Ana Drittel.

One of John Hurt's colleagues in the very small and ultra secret cryptography section which broke the Japanese code was Harrod G. Miller.

Miller was not the champion marksman of his West Point class. He was the most accurate target shooter in the history of the USMA!

Albert E. Jenner said,

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=17239

...Mr. Jenner stated that a series of extraordinary coincidences made it seem most likely that the assassination of President Kennedy was the work of one man — Lee Harvey Oswald....

By the way, according to SSDI, Lena Nelson was 90 when she died on 27 July, 1969.

In late January, 1946, the Chicago Tribune reported,

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=nws:1%2Car%3A1&q=col%20harrod%20miller%20workman%20manufacturing%20illinois&aq=&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=c354f9114ff0028e&pf=p&pdl=1000

PEOPLE AND EVENTS

- Chicago Tribune - Jan 31, 1946

Col Harrod G Miller. vice president and general manager of Workman Manufacturing com pany Chicago was elected president of the Graphic Arts Association of Illinois...

Maurice S. Kuhns, 87 was chairman of Workman Mfg., and his son Richard F. Kuhns was president. Maurice died in 1949, and Richard died in 1965. Richard had a brother, a surgeon name Dr. Ralph H. Kuhns, and a sister married to Maurice P. Weil.

In 1942, longtime Workman Mfg. foreman Charles Karas was promoted to V.P. Charles had a son, Warren C., killed in a 1944 air crash, and a daughter, Jean, who married William S. Grieve.

Edited by Tom Scully

Guest Robert Morrow

Robert

Jim Root

In my opinion, Clint Murchison, Sr., along with Lyndon Johnson, were 2 two of the key ringleaders of the JFK assassination. John J. McCloy was one of the key architects of the cover up of the 1963 Coup d'Etat. McCloy was so close to both Texas oil barons and the pinnacle of US intelligence, folks like Allen Dulles, that he MUST at least be considered a suspect in the JFK assassination plotting.

You can read about the business and personal relationships between John J. McCloy and Clint Murchison, Sr. in the Kai Bird biography of John McCloy: The Chairman: John J. McCloy and the Making of the American Establishment. In 1954 McCloy helped to broker a big railroad take over deal in New York that Clint Murchison and Sid Richardson were investors. (pp. 431-432).

Then there is this nugget from 1963 which shows the close personal ties between John J. McCloy and Clint Murchison, Sr.:

"That summer McCloy relaxed more than he had for many years. He hunted whitewings with Clint Murchison on the Texas oil man's Mexico farm." [Kai Bird, The Chairman, p. 542]

That is the SAME John McCloy who Lyndon Johnson appoints to the Warren Commission on 11/29/63 later in that year.

Now check out this passage from the biography Clint: Clint Williams Murchison by Ernestine Orrick Van Buren who was Murchison's personal secretary for 20 years. Note 3 things: 1) Murchison is in "cold disbelief" at the idea of Lyndon Johnson on the ticket with John Kennedy. 2) The author completely skips over the Kennedy years. 3) Clint turns down an LBJ presidential phone call to resume a nap. That shows hierarchy. Very few folks turn down a presidential phone call.

"Clint was in La Jolla during the Democratic Convention in Los Angeles, in July 1960, and he avidly followed the proceedings on television. The avalanche of superb organization which gave John F. Kennedy the nomination on the first ballot was a huge disappointment. When the word was flashed that Lyndon Johnson had accepted the vice-presidential spot on the Kennedy ticket, Clint Murchison listened in cold disbelief.

In December 1963, soon after Lyndon Johnson became president following the assassination of John F. Kennedy, there was a soft rap on the bedroom door where Clint was napping. It was Warren Tilley, butler at Gladoak Farms. "Washington calling, Mr. Murchison. The president [Lyndon Johnson] wants to speak with you.

A brief silence followed. Then through the closed door came the muffled voice of Clint Murchison. "Tell the president I can't hear him." Clint resumed his nap."*

*Virginia Murchison Linthicum Interview, September 20, 1980

[Ernestine Orrick Van Buren, Clint, pp. 317-318]

When JFK was slaughtered, Russia’s Khrushchev was literally crying, fearing nuclear war. Cuba’s Castro worried and feared an US invasion and gave an impressive speech the next day deconstructing the CIA’s deception provocation for war. Meanwhile at Clint Murchison’s home, their family maid May Newman describes the scene: “The mood in the Murchison family home was very joyous and happy. For a whole week after like champagne and caviar flowed, every day of the week. But I was the only one in that household at that time that felt any grief for his assassination." [The Men Who Killed Kennedy, The Guilty Men, Episode 9]

Edited by Robert Morrow

Steve E. Miller 8 weeks ago

I was born in Ancon in 1921. My dad, an Annapolis grad and Naval Officer from WW1, was a canal pilot. We lived in New Cristobal. Life there as a little boy was ideal. But my parents divorced and my mother, older sister and I moved to San Francisco in 1927. I had such fond memories of the Zone, that I returned in 1941 and worked as a junior agent for the Panama RR in their Ancon RR station. But there as a grown-up and having to wear a jacket and necktie, I suddenly became aware of SWEAT in that tropical setting. (No Air Conditioning then ! ! ! ) I was constantly wet with sweat, day and night ... I think the humidity must have been about 140% ... it was awful. I lived in the men's "bachelor quarters" in Balboa. I would finally get to a sweaty sleep around midnight, then wake up at three a.m. chilled by the morning cold. ... I left and went back to San Francisco after a year down there. ... I am still curious as to what Cristobal, Ancon and Balboa are like now, and since they have air-conditioning everywhere, I would like to take a quick trip back there, to my old home area. Steve Edward Miller ... My dad's name was Captain Sterling Perry Miller. ... I am now 89, wow !! game is almost over !! See my website

http://fourpracticalwaystocutourtaxes.com/

Can anyone find any connection with Harrod G. Miller and Abraham Sinkov? (Sinkov was a member of William Friedman's original team of cryptologists)

Jim Root

I have a fairly large body of literature and documents with reference to cryptology, and I have never come across anything than the initial link of the original SIS

team, but I have some other things to add to this thread, that are of interest. You might want to peruse the following thread,

Cryptology, Army Signal Corp and Field Operations Intelligence.

http://educationforu...showtopic=16299

I would be very surprised if there

was nothing of interest in it to you.

I have to get this off my chest, but for years there was a fairly large amount of interest in Field Operations Intelligence, due to

the research of Dick Russell into the life of Richard Case Nagell. I provided a link that was confirmation of its existence on that thread, acknowledged by the U S Government, with additional details, that I did not find boring, and it was met with no response.

Call me crazy, but I just don't understand things like that....

Edited by Robert Howard

Can anyone find any connection with Harrod G. Miller and Abraham Sinkov? (Sinkov was a member of William Friedman's original team of cryptologists)

Jim Root

I have a fairly large body of literature and documents with reference to cryptology, and I have never come across anything than the initial link of the original SIS

team, but I have some other things to add to this thread, that are of interest. You might want to peruse the following thread,

Cryptology, Army Signal Corp and Field Operations Intelligence.

http://educationforu...showtopic=16299

I would be very surprised if there

was nothing of interest in it to you.

I have to get this off my chest, but for years there was a fairly large amount of interest in Field Operations Intelligence, due to

the research of Dick Russell into the life of Richard Case Nagell. I provided a link that was confirmation of its existence on that thread, acknowledged by the U S Government, with additional details, that I did not find boring, and it was met with no response.

Call me crazy, but I just don't understand things like that....

Possibilities regarding Lee Harvey Oswald and SIS

William Friedman

Six People all hired during 1930, formed the nucleus of the new activity

1. Anne Louise Newkirk Cryptographic Clerk - March 1

2. Frank B Rowlett Jun. Cyptanalyst - April 1

3. Abraham Sinkow Jun. Cyptanalyst - April 10

4. Solomon Kullback Jun. Cyptanalyst - April 21

5. John B Hurt Cyptanalyst Aide - May 13

6. H Lawrence Clark Cryptographic Clerk - September 2

7. Capt., later Col. Harrod G Miller

8. Lt. L.T. Jones USCG

Mrs Louise Newkirk Nelson [Friedman's secretary full Anne Louise Newkirk ]

9. H.F. Bearce

the entire staff (nine people when I arrived in August 1936)

www.nsa.gov/public_info/_files/cryptologic_spectrum/translator.pdf

http://docs.google.c.../translator.pdf

http://www.gettyimag.../Hulton-Archive

http://www.nsa.gov/a...eview/sis.shtml

CRM Harry Kidder

Harry Kidder, for example, was one of the star cryptanalysts of World War II, a star hidden behind the secret curtain of SIGINT

U. S. Naval Cryptologic Veterans Association - Page 10

1997 - 208 pages - Preview

Those attending the first class, under the instruction of CRM Harry Kidder on the roof of the navy building, were: CRM Joseph ... In each of these first three classes CRM Kidder was the instructor. CRM Chauncey conducted Classes 4. ...

other cryptographers

John Buck

"Kaz"

Clara Watson

John B Hurt "years later" attended the University of Maryland

1944 Sam Hall

END

Arthur Adolph Oswald, according to page 954 of the book Who’s Who In Engineering

published 1922

Arthur Adolph Oswald, 463 West Street, New York, New York.

Residence 6 South Arlington Avenue, East Orange, New Jersey.

Engineer, born March 3, 1891, Lake Linden, Michigan

son of John P. and Mary [Thill] Oswald.

Batchelor of Science, degree in Electrical Engineering,

Armour Institute of Technology, 1916.

Eta Kappa Nu, Tau Betta Pi.

moved Great Falls, Montana, in July, 1920.

Marie K Adamson.*

Radio engineer with Western-Electric Company,

Research-Division, New York, New York since 1916.

Civilian in Army radio research during World War;

but employed indirectly by Signal Corp., through

Western-Electric Co.;

spent entire war period in camps and field research

locations. Four radio inventions pending.

Cited during World War for work on airplane radio

equipment and in particular for antenna investigation.

special attention to radio controlled aerial vehicles,

in particular airplanes loaded as torpedoes.

(latter development reduced to practice approximately

three weeks before signing of Armistice).

Now supervising ship-to-shore radiophone development.

Associate member of AIEE, Institute of Radio Engineers.

deceased June, 1975

* married to, one daughter named Mary Catherine.

She married a Johnson and had two sons, Thomas and Stephen Johnson.

Sources

http://genforum.gene...ssages/444.html

page 954 of the book Who’s Who In Engineering [see google books]

In the spring of 1884, a small group of individuals in the electrical professions met in New York. They formed a new organization to support professionals in their nascent field and to aid

them in their efforts to apply innovation for the betterment of humanity—the American Institute of Electrical Engineers, or AIEE for short. That October the AIEE held its first technical meeting in Philadelphia, Pa. Many early leaders, such as founding President Norvin Green of Western Union, came from telegraphy. Others, such as Thomas Edison, came from power, while Alexander Graham Bell represented the newer telephone industry. As electric power spread rapidly across the land—enhanced by innovations such as Nikola Tesla’s AC Induction Motor, long distance AC transmission and large-scale power plants, and commercialized by industries such as Westinghouse and General Electric—the AIEE became increasingly focused on electrical power and its ability to change people’s lives through the unprecedented products and services it could deliver. There was a secondary focus on wired communication, both the telegraph and the telephone. Through technical meetings, publications, and promotion of standards, the AIEE led the growth of the electrical engineering profession, while through local sections and student branches, it brought its benefits to engineers in widespread places.

http://www.ieee.org/...ee_history.html

Results according to familysearch.org

name: Arthur Adolph OSWALD

birth: 1891 Mar 3

Lake Linden, Houghton, Mi

death: 1975 Jun

AFN: 5KT6-SV

Parents

father: John Peter OSWALD (AFN: 5KT6-KN )

mother: Mary THILL (AFN: 5KT6-LT )

Marriages (1)

spouse: Marie ADAMSON (AFN: D6G7-VP )

First Name: Arthur

Middle Name:

Last Name: Oswald

Name Suffix:

Birth Date: 3 March 1891

Place of Issuance: New York

Last Residence: Fair Oaks, Sacramento, California

Zip Code of Last Residence: 95628

Death Date : June 1975