The Education Forum

Extra Large Corbis Altgens 6

Robin Unger

I believe it is unlikely that James Ike Altgens took all of the photos attributed to him...particularly 5, 7 and 8.

Jack

It is interesting to compare Nix to Altgens 5.

Jack

Since nobody will answer my question, I will explain. As my comparison shows, THE LINES OF SIGHT

OF THE NIX AND ALTGENS CAMERAS ARE NEARLY IDENTICAL.

So what?

Since Nix is about 50 feet farther away and standing on the sidewalk at Main and Houston and

Altgens is in Houston Street ON THE SAME LINE OF SIGHT, it stands to reason that "Altgens"

and his camera MUST be between Nix and the limo. The absence of Altgens in the Nix

film is therefore is very suspicious in regard to both Nix and Altgens.

Jack

I believe it is unlikely that James Ike Altgens took all of the photos attributed to him...particularly 5, 7 and 8.

Jack

Jack

Thanks Jack

Interesting comparison between NIX and Altgens..

I will take a closer look. at the Houston st photo's and frames.

Edited by Robin Unger

This is a Bell GIF that i spent 3 - hours working on yesterday stabilizing the ( 48 - Frames ).

Special thanks to Jim Pomervvile for providing the exeptionally clear frames.

Click on the Image to view full size.

Bell-6.gif

Edited by Robin Unger

Jack

Jack

Thanks Jack

Interesting comparison between NIX and Altgens..

I will take a closer look. at the Houston st photo's and frames.

Let us know if you can find Altgens in Nix. He must be there if he is on the same line of sight.

Jack

No sign of Altgens in NIX Jack

I did manage to find the corresponding Nix frame.

Nix%7E0.jpg

Correct. You will notice that I rotated the Nix frame slightly to provide a more comparable

view of the elements in the image. Otherwise some not familiar with photo comparison would

say the images do not match when I was merely correcting for camera tilt. It is the internal

parts of the image which match, not the whole image, and distracting elements like tilt, perspective

and lens distortion must be removed to compare internal relationships.

Thanks, Robin.

Jack

Nix%7E0.jpg

Correct. You will notice that I rotated the Nix frame slightly to provide a more comparable

view of the elements in the image. Otherwise some not familiar with photo comparison would

say the images do not match when I was merely correcting for camera tilt. It is the internal

parts of the image which match, not the whole image, and distracting elements like tilt, perspective

Thanks, Robin.

Jack

Jack

Since Nix was 6' 5" Tall

I am wondering if he shot straight over Altgens head. ?

Edited by Robin Unger

Nix%7E0.jpg

Thanks, Robin.

Jack

Jack

Since Nix was 6' 5" Tall

I am wondering if she shot straight over Altgens head. ?

Nix was about 30 or 40 feet southwest of "Altgens". Altgens said that he took a photo of the limo turning the corner (4),

picked up his bag and ran down the hill to be in front of the limo. He did not acknowledge taking number 5. I do not

think he did.

Jack