The Education Forum

Question for the Warrenati regarding "Oswald's" Revolver

I'm just wondering if any of the Warrenati out there can answer a question for me. I assume if you believe that Oswald ordered the rifle, you believe that Klein's shipped the rifle ( 3/20/63 ) eight days after the order blank was mailed ( 3/12/63 )

BTW, the handgun was shipped on the very same day, 3/20/63.

According to the order form for the handgun, CE 135, it was dated either January 27 or 29th, 1963 ( kinda hard to read ).

So here's my question:

If the rifle was shipped 8 days after the order blank was mailed, why did it take around 45 days for Seaport Traders to ship "Hidell" his handgun ?

Edited by Gil Jesus

I'm just wondering if any of the Warrenati out there can answer a question for me. I assume if you believe that Oswald ordered the rifle, you believe that Klein's shipped the rifle ( 3/20/63 ) eight days after the order blank was mailed ( 3/12/63 )

BTW, the handgun was shipped on the very same day, 3/20/63.

According to the order form for the handgun, CE 135, it was dated either January 27 or 29th, 1963 ( kinda hard to read ).

So here's my question:

If the rifle was shipped 8 days after the order blank was mailed, why did it take around 45 days for Seaport Traders to ship "Hidell" his handgun ?

And why, if it says that the consignee will pay the COD charges, is Mr. Hidell able to only pay the $19.95... and still get his handgun?

Michealis Ex 5 (can't upload right now for some reason)

Furthermore... is there any other evidence about when these items might have arrived and when they were picked up?

3/20/63 was a Wednesday... did they arrive together? picked up together?

This piece of the story just gets more interesting every day... thanks Gil

My guess is that Oswald just didn't mail the order form to Seaport until March.

Just because he filled out the order form in late January, that doesn't mean he HAD to drop it in the mail at that time.

He likely mailed both of the order forms (for the revolver and the rifle) on the same day (March 12th).