The Education Forum

Fetzer's Posting Privileges

Everyone please note:

1. Multiple posts, predominately from Jim Fetzer, moved from this thread to the PC board as they were primarily about 9-11 and not JFK.

2. Members Jim Fetzer and David Lifton have been restricted from posting for 72 hours because of rule violations. Both have been excessively insulting towards each other and other members, and have engaged in off-topic posting. Jim and David will be able to see the board but will not be able to post until about 2330 GMT on Tuesday 31 May 2011.

ANYONE POSTING ON BEHALF OF A MEMBER UNDER RESTRICTIONS WILL BE SUBJECT TO A 72 HOURS RESTRICTION ON POSTING THEMSELVES, WITHOUT WARNING.

Please, keep on topic and be civil to each other. You can disagree and still show basic civility.

Thank you.

Jim Fetzer is visiting me here in San Diego for a few days. Rest assured I have not and will not post anything for him and he has not asked that I post for him. However, I am very curious as to why his posting privilege is still suspended? After all, according to Evan's post (above) both he and Lifton had their posting privileges suspended for 72 hours. Yet, David's ability to post has already been restored long since, but Jim's has not. Is there an explanation for this?

I believe he should have been able to post again by the 31st as stated in Evan's post...Maybe Evan can take a look at this when he is online as he has Administrator access....

Thanks David. Because if he's not able to post very soon--he might just talk my ear clean off!

Greg,

It is not fair to let Jim Fetzer visit you in San Diego unless we can all do it.

Guest Gary Loughran

Jim Fetzer is visiting me here in San Diego for a few days. Rest assured I have not and will not post anything for him and he has not asked that I post for him. However, I am very curious as to why his posting privilege is still suspended? After all, according to Evan's post (above) both he and Lifton had their posting privileges suspended for 72 hours. Yet, David's ability to post has already been restored long since, but Jim's has not. Is there an explanation for this?

Hi Greg,

Thanks for pointing this out. It was an oversight which I have just now corrected and restored Jim's posting rights. There is an option to set indefinitely or restrict for a period of hours e.g. 72. Unfortunately the tick box for indefintely was used, genuinely in error.

Apologies to Jim for this, and I hope this will save at least one of your ears.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Greg,

Thanks for pointing this out. It was an oversight which I have just now corrected and restored Jim's posting rights. There is an option to set indefinitely or restrict for a period of hours e.g. 72. Unfortunately the tick box for indefintely was used, genuinely in error.

Apologies to Jim for this, and I hope this will save at least one of your ears.

Thanks,

Gary

Thanks Gary. I have almost me entire left ear intact. Whew! That was close.

Guest James H. Fetzer

Monk,

Thanks for checking this out. I have even been denied the right to send

any messages about this to the moderators. But I'm having a great time!

Jim

Everyone please note:

1. Multiple posts, predominately from Jim Fetzer, moved from this thread to the PC board as they were primarily about 9-11 and not JFK.

2. Members Jim Fetzer and David Lifton have been restricted from posting for 72 hours because of rule violations. Both have been excessively insulting towards each other and other members, and have engaged in off-topic posting. Jim and David will be able to see the board but will not be able to post until about 2330 GMT on Tuesday 31 May 2011.

ANYONE POSTING ON BEHALF OF A MEMBER UNDER RESTRICTIONS WILL BE SUBJECT TO A 72 HOURS RESTRICTION ON POSTING THEMSELVES, WITHOUT WARNING.

Please, keep on topic and be civil to each other. You can disagree and still show basic civility.

Thank you.

Edited by James H. Fetzer