The Education Forum

Early X-Mas

For those who may have interest, two full-sized copies of Mr. West's survey plats were mailed to the Sixth Floor Museum today.

These include:

1. Copy of the Time/Life survey plat of November 26, 1963, along with copies of the survey notes.

2. Copy of the FBI survey plat of June 1964, in which the third/last/final shot had been deleted.

It is presumed that at some point in time, these documents will be made available for viewing by the general public.

Tom Purvis

I think that's really fine of you Tom.

I think that's really fine of you Tom.

Me too Tom .Hopefully someone will "stumble" onto them at some point and realise .Perhaps Chris Davidson could donate his math work to make the Frames/Distances more Graphic?.

Have yet to find a location that can copy the full-sized Warren Commission Survey Plat which is about twice the size of the Time/Life; SS; & FBI plats.

When found (it will take some engineering company copy capability) then the Museum will also recieve a true and "unaltered" copy of the Warren Commission suvey plat complete with all of my scribblings.

Progressively, I will attempt to provide copies of all of Mr. West's survey notes and survey plats to the museum, as this is about the only way to insure that history does not cause this knowledge to also disappear.

Have a nice day Mr. Mack!

For those who may have interest, two full-sized copies of Mr. West's survey plats were mailed to the Sixth Floor Museum today.

These include:

1. Copy of the Time/Life survey plat of November 26, 1963, along with copies of the survey notes.

2. Copy of the FBI survey plat of June 1964, in which the third/last/final shot had been deleted.

It is presumed that at some point in time, these documents will be made available for viewing by the general public.

Tom Purvis

Let us hope that the Time/Life survey plat does not get "lost," "misplaced," or "never received," leaving only the FBI survey plat of June 1964 as the only evidence of a survey displayed at the Sixth Floor Museum. Or let us hope that, if the Time-Life survey plat is received and acknowledged, that it is accorded the same level of public accessibility as the FBI survey plat.

Have yet to find a location that can copy the full-sized Warren Commission Survey Plat which is about twice the size of the Time/Life; SS; & FBI plats.

When found (it will take some engineering company copy capability) then the Museum will also recieve a true and "unaltered" copy of the Warren Commission suvey plat complete with all of my scribblings.

Progressively, I will attempt to provide copies of all of Mr. West's survey notes and survey plats to the museum, as this is about the only way to insure that history does not cause this knowledge to also disappear.

Thomas,

If I understand you right you have a full size copy of the survey plat of Dealey Plaza that was done for the Warren Commission. Did you get this from the National Archives?

If you're looking for someone to scan it and make a copy may I suggest that you contact Mr. Ben Rogers at Baylor University. He gave a presentation at the JFK Lancer conference in 2010 that I made a transcript of. In it he mentioned that they have a wide format scanner that can handle a 6 foot by 10 foot document. You can contact him at - Ben_Rogers@baylor.edu If you live in Texas in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area I think it would be a good thing to bring your original over and meet him. Then Baylor can have a copy of this and make it available to JFK researchers, probably much cheaper than the 6th Floor might charge.

My transcript of his presentation is here - http://justiceforkennedy.blogspot.com/2011/04/ben-rogers-presentation-from-nid-2010.html

Also, a final survey plat would have to be recorded and a copy kept with the County Clerk, I assume. So, I would think anyone could get a copy from the Dallas County Clerk of the plans of whatever the 6th Floor is up to.

The Dallas County Clerk is Mr. John F. Warren

Contact info:

Records Building 2nd Fl

509 Main St, Suite 200

Dallas, Texas 75202-3551

Phone: 214-653-7099

214-653-7176

Hours: Monday-Friday

8:00 A.M.-4:30 P.M.

Joseph Backes

Edited by Joseph Backes

Thomas,

If I understand you right you have a full size copy of the survey plat of Dealey Plaza that was done for the Warren Commission. Did you get this from the National Archives?

If you're looking for someone to scan it and make a copy may I suggest that you contact Mr. Ben Rogers at Baylor University. He gave a presentation at the JFK Lancer conference in 2010 that I made a transcript of. In it he mentioned that they have a wide format scanner that can handle a 6 foot by 10 foot document. You can contact him at - Ben_Rogers@baylor.edu If you live in Texas in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area I think it would be a good thing to bring your original over and meet him. Then Baylor can have a copy of this and make it available to JFK researchers, probably much cheaper than the 6th Floor might charge.

My transcript of his presentation is here - http://justiceforkennedy.blogspot.com/2011/04/ben-rogers-presentation-from-nid-2010.html

Also, a final survey plat would have to be recorded and a copy kept with the County Clerk, I assume. So, I would think anyone could get a copy from the Dallas County Clerk of the plans of whatever the 6th Floor is up to.

Contact info:

Records Building 2nd Fl

509 Main St, Suite 200

Dallas, Texas 75202-3551

214-653-7176

Joseph Backes

Edited by Joseph Backes

Thomas,

Also, a final survey plat would have to be recorded and a copy kept with the County Clerk, I assume. I know this because in Albany, NY where I live and work one of my main duties is to scan such things and subdivision maps. So, I would think anyone could get a copy from the Dallas County Clerk of the plans of whatever the 6th Floor is up to.

Contact info:

Records Building 2nd Fl

509 Main St, Suite 200

Dallas, Texas 75202-3551

214-653-7176

Joseph Backes

Actually! I am in possession of two full-sized copies of the Warren Commission Survey Plat.

Since you are relatively new to this subject:

1. To date, I remain the only known person to have contacted the surveyor, Mr. Robert H. West, and taken the time to meet and discuss with him the assassination re-enactments in Dealey Plaza.

As such, I secured directly from Mr. West:

A. Survey Plat as well as survey notes for the Time/life assassination re-enactment of November 26, 1963.

B. Survey Plat as well as survey notes for the U.S. Secret Service assassination re-enactment of December 5, 1963.

C. Survey Plat as well as survey notes for the FBI assassination re-enactment of February 2, 1964.

D. Survey Plat as well as survey notes for the Warren Commission assassination re-enactment.

E. A final survey plat prepared for the FBI, which was done approximately one-month after the Warren Commission.

Mr. West was required to maintain copies of all survey plats which his firm generated. As such, I was able to obtain these documents as well as the ever-so-critical survey notes which were generated.

And, although I had long prior found the "altered" survey data within the WC documents, the survey plat and survey notes obtained from Mr. West, merely provided additional supportive and corroborative evidence of this alteration by the WC.

Lastly, No! I do not reside in Texas.

The survey plats and survey notes have been in my possession since the early 1990's, and they have been guarded well against their usage by those who have little or no understanding of how these documents interact with the completely phony assassination re-enactment which was conducted by the Warren Commission.

All of which the Sixth Floor Museum is also receiving as it is published.

Tom Purvis