The Education Forum

Where was Oswald in 1962?

Does anyone know if Lee Oswald was indeed in Miami on November 1962? I found this file and it appears to be dated 12/05/1962. In an article published in the Florida Sun Sentinel which by the way, is also the same news paper who's reporter Mike Wales implemented my father from a reliable source as being the 6th individual and burglar in the Watergate break-ins, and on 4th December, 1963 Jim Buchanan claimed that Sturgis had met Lee Harvey Oswald in Miami shortly before the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Buchanan claimed that Oswald had tried to infiltrate the Anti-Communist Brigade founded by Sturgis. When he was questioned by the FBI about this story, Sturgis claimed that Buchanan had misquoted him regarding his comments about Oswald.

My father left behind two little black books. In these books are names, phone numbers and addresses of many important and infamous men. One page in particular stands out with regards to Frank Sturgis and Lee Harvey Oswald.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/52364002/Edwin-Kaiser-s-Address-Book-and-Oswald

AGENCY INFORMATION

AGENCY : ONI

RECORD NUMBER : 173-10011-10157

RECORDS SERIES : HEADQUARTERS, NCIS FOIA OFFICE

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : FBI REPORT

TO : FBI LA

TITLE : 13 UNIFORMED MEN SEIZED IN FLORIDA, ACCUSED OF

PLANNING ATTACK IN CUBA

DATE : 12/05/1962

PAGES : 11

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER, TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : LEE HARVEY OSWALD

CLASSIFICATION : UNCLASSIFIED

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : OPEN

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 03/22/1993

COMMENTS : ONE ORIGINAL PROVIDED

Audit history for this Record Identification Form </cgi-bin/starfinder/5096/jfksnew.txt?action=toyezGEKdaP4YcSltsnwInxspnlJyb5_MCPyozsr>

Does anyone know if Lee Oswald was indeed in Miami on November 1962? I found this file and it appears to be dated 12/05/1962. In an article published in the Florida Sun Sentinel which by the way, is also the same news paper who's reporter Mike Wales implemented my father from a reliable source as being the 6th individual and burglar in the Watergate break-ins, and on 4th December, 1963 Jim Buchanan claimed that Sturgis had met Lee Harvey Oswald in Miami shortly before the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Buchanan claimed that Oswald had tried to infiltrate the Anti-Communist Brigade founded by Sturgis. When he was questioned by the FBI about this story, Sturgis claimed that Buchanan had misquoted him regarding his comments about Oswald.

My father left behind two little black books. In these books are names, phone numbers and addresses of many important and infamous men. One page in particular stands out with regards to Frank Sturgis and Lee Harvey Oswald.

AGENCY INFORMATION

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

PLANNING ATTACK IN CUBA

Audit history for this Record Identification Form </cgi-bin/starfinder/5096/jfksnew.txt?action=toyezGEKdaP4YcSltsnwInxspnlJyb5_MCPyozsr>

I could not find evidence of a visit to Miami in November 1962 in the Mary Ferrell Chronology, but maybe I overlooked it.

November 1962 starts on this page:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=40390&relPageId=88

AGENCY INFORMATION

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

PLANNING ATTACK IN CUBA

I could not find evidence of a visit to Miami in November 1962 in the Mary Ferrell Chronology, but maybe I overlooked it.

November 1962 starts on this page:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=40390&relPageId=88

This is weird, when I was doing some research to corroborate my father's story, I found it in the MFF, the information I proved above, Oswald was one of the thirteen men arrested in Florida FBI file 173-10011-10157. However, I do not see this information in Oswalds Chronology timeline, also to see if what my father was saying true, in his phone book, my mother tells me that it was in November 1962 that my grandmother decided to move from Norwalk Connecticut to Miami Beach. It was about that time that my father met Sturgis through Navarro who introduced my father to Oswald.

post-6379-070910500 1312748623_thumb.jpg

The number that is striked out must have been Oswalds number, and I'm assuming these number's where area code 305. The number above must have been a decoy, when I call the number that is stricken out it will ring for quite sometime before I get a recording, not so with Sturgis' number. I"ll call that number and get a recording right away, I also have another person who went by the name of Eduardo, however, in my father's phone book he spells it Ewdero who is also known by Howard Hunt. His number too goes to a recording machine.

post-6379-081297700 1312749598_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scott Kaiser

I tried some searches at the Mary Ferrell site, and it indeed a bit strange.

I found this link to an exhibit in the Warren Hearings:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=146532

There is something about Oswald possibly in Miami in October, 1962.

--

And here is some more about November 1962:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=347773

--

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=695296

--

It is off course possible that this information was not available at the time Mary Ferrell made her chronology.

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=146532

--

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=347773

--

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=695296

--

It is off course possible that this information was not available at the time Mary Ferrell made her chronology.

CTKA: Citizens for Truth about the Kennedy Assassination Part 1 :

In the magazine article “Fidel on the Grassy Knoll,” Jeff Cohen and Donald Freed wrote, “Brothers Jerry and James Buchanan, CIA propaganda assets, began promoting the Castro-did-it theme immediately. The source of the Buchanan’s tales was the leader of the CIA supported International Anti-Communist Brigade (IAB). [20-Cohen, Freed]

“Back in Miami,” Cohen and Freed wrote, “a high powered propaganda machine was cranking out stories that Oswald was a Cuban agent…” Frank Sturgis is quoted in the Pompano Beach Sun-Sentinel as saying that Oswald had talked with Cuban G-2 agents and fracassed with IAB members in Miami in 1962. The same “propaganda machine” was still pumping out the same lines in 1976 when Gaeton Fonzi interviewed Sturgis, who said that he had recently ran into a friend who worked for the “company” who reminded him of an incident he had completely forgotten about. Sturgis suddenly recalled, “... he had heard about a meeting in Havana about two months before the Kennedy assassination. At the meeting there were a number of high-ranking men, including Castro, his brother Raul, Ramiro Valdez, the chief of Cuban intelligence, Che Guevara and his secretary Tanya, another Cuban officer, an American known as ‘El Mexicano,’ and, …oh, yeah; Jack Ruby. And the meeting dealt with plotting the assassination of President Kennedy.”

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=146532

--

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=347773

--

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=695296

--

Very interesting information indeed! Thank you...

I'm guessing that Oswald then was there, in Miami not once but a few times, in a testimony under oath by Marita Lorenz crossed excamined by Mark Lane. She says the following. Also, you should note, neither Mrs Lorenz nor the FBI knew the correct names of the two brother's who left in the caravan to Dallas from Miami. My father in his living years discovered them to be the Navarro brothers. I am trying not to swim in theory, but I have one that is too tempting not to address. That is, that the Novis/Novo Brothers of whom Marita Lorenz is speaking of during her testimony to Mark Lane, and the same Novo brother's that Hemming talks about in the book "Bloody Treason" could actually be the Navarro Brothers. It would seem to make sense given their shared company, the fact that Wilferdo Navarro testified before the Rockefeller Commission with Frank Sturgis (and there is no mention of the Novis/Novo brothers) the fact that Sturgis knew the Navarro brothers in the early 60's; and according to Sonia Kaiser's testimony (my mother), Wilfredo Navarro was a right wing asshole who knew Sturgis since the early 60's.

Lane: During and before November of 1963, did you work on behalf of the Central Intelligence Agency in the Miami area?

Lorenz: Yes.

Lane: Did you work with a man named Frank Sturgis, while you were working for the CIA?

Lorenz: Yes, I did.

Lane: Was that in Miami, during and prior to November 1963?

Lane: What other names, to your knowledge, is Frank Sturgis known by?

Lorenz: Frank Fiorini, Hamilton; the last name, Hamilton. F-I-O-R-I-N-I-.

Lane: Was Mr. Fiorini or Mr. Sturgis, while you worked with him, also employed by the Central Intelligence Agency?

Lane: During that time were payments made to Mr. Sturgis for the work he was doing for the CIA?

Lane: Did you ever witness anyone make payments to him for the CIA work which you and Mr. Sturgis were both involved in?

Lane: Who did you witness make payments to Mr. Sturgis?

Lorenz: A man by the name of Eduardo.

Lane: Who is Eduardo?

Lorenz: That is his code name; the real name is E. Howard Hunt.

Lane: Did you know him and meet him during and prior to November 1963?

Lane: Did you witness payments made by Mr. Hunt to Mr. Sturgis or Mr. Fiorini on more than one occasion prior to November of 1963?

Lane: Did you go on a trip with Mr. Sturgis from Miami during November of 1963?

Lane: Was anyone else present with when you went on that trip?

Lane: What method of transportation did you use?

Lorenz: By car.

Lane: Was there one or more cars?

Lorenz: There was a follow-up car.

Lane: Does that mean two cars?

Lorenz: Backup; yes.

Lane: What was in the follow-up car, if you know?

Lorenz: Weapons.

Lane: Without asking you any of the details regarding the activity that you and Mr. Sturgis and Mr. Hunt were involved in, may I ask you if some of that activity was

related to the transportation of weapons?

Lane: Did Mr. Hunt pay Mr. Sturgis sums of money for activity related to the transportation of weapons?

Lane: Did Mr. Sturgis tell you where you would be going from Miami, Florida, during November of 1963, prior to the time that you traveled with him in the car?

Lorenz: Dallas, Texas.

Lane: He told you that?

Lane: Did he tell you the purpose of the trip to Dallas, Texas?

Lorenz: No; he said it was confidential.

Lane: Did you arrive in Dallas during November of 1963?

Lane: After you arrived in Dallas, did you stay at any accommodations there?

Lorenz: Motel.

Lane: While you were at that motel, did you meet anyone other than those who were in the party traveling with you from Miami to Dallas?

Lane: Who did your meet?

Lorenz: E. Howard Hunt.

Lane: Was there anyone else who you saw or met other than Mr. Hunt?

Lorenz: Excuse me?

Lane: Other than those?

Lorenz: Jack Ruby.

Lane: Tell me the circumstances regarding your seeing E. Howard Hunt in Dallas in November 1963?

Lorenz: There was a prearranged meeting that E. Howard Hunt deliver us sums of money for the so-called operation that I did not know its nature.

Lane: Were you told what your role was to be?

Lorenz: Just a decoy at the time.

Lane: Did you see Mr. Hunt actually deliver money to anyone in the motel room which you were present in?

Lane: To whom did you see him deliver the money?

Lorenz: He gave an envelope of cash to Frank Fiorini.

Lane: When he gave him the envelope, was the cash visible as he had it in the envelope?

Lane: Did you have a chance to see the cash after the envelope was given to Mr. Fiorini?

Lorenz: Frank pulled out the money and flipped it and counted it and said "that is enough" and put it in his jacket.

Lane: How long did Mr. Hunt remain in the room?

Lorenz: About forty-five minutes.

Lane: Did anyone else enter the room other than you, Mr. Fiorini, Mr. Hunt, and others who may have been there before Mr. Hunt arrived?

Lorenz: No.

Lane: Where did you see the person you identified as Jack Ruby?

Lorenz: After Eduardo left, a fellow came to the door and it was Jack Ruby, about an hour later, forty-five minutes to an hour later.

Lane: When you say Eduardo, who are you referring to?

Lorenz: E. Howard Hunt.

Lane: When did that meeting take place in terms of the hour; was it daytime or nighttime?

Lorenz: Early evening.

Lane: How soon after that evening meeting took place did you leave Dallas?

Lorenz: I left about two hours later; Frank took me to the airport and we went back to Miami.

Lane: Now, can you tell us in relationship to the day that President Kennedy was killed, when this meeting took place?

Lorenz: The day before.

Lane: Is it your testimony that the meeting which you just described with Mr. Hunt making the payment of money to Mr. Sturgis took place on November 21, 1963?

[Note: Marita Lorenz returned to her home in Miami that same night, but said Frank Sturgis later told her what she had missed in Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963: "We killed

the President that day."]

post-6379-015348700 1312752057_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scott Kaiser

--

--

--

In the magazinee article “Fidel on the Grassy Knoll,” Jeff Cohen and Donald Freed wrote, “Brothers Jerry and James Buchanan, CIA propaganda assets, began promoting the Castro-did-it theme immediately. The source of the Buchanan’s tales was the leader of the CIA supported International Anti-Communist Brigade (IAB). [20-Cohen, Freed]

“Back in Miami,” Cohen and Freed wrote, “a high powered propaganda machine was cranking out stories that Oswald was a Cuban agent…” Frank Sturgis is quoted in the Pompano Beach Sun-Sentinel as saying that Oswald had talked with Cuban G-2 agents and fracassed with IAB members in Miami in 1962. The same “propaganda machine” was still pumping out the same lines in 1976 when Gaeton Fonzi interviewed Sturgis, who said that he had recently ran into a friend who worked for the “company” who reminded him of an incident he had completely forgotten about. Sturgis suddenly recalled, “... he had heard about a meeting in Havana about two months before the Kennedy assassination. At the meeting there were a number of high-ranking men, including Castro, his brother Raul, Ramiro Valdez, the chief of Cuban intelligence, Che Guevara and his secretary Tanya, another Cuban officer, an American known as ‘El Mexicano,’ and, …oh, yeah; Jack Ruby. And the meeting dealt with plotting the assassination of President Kennedy.”

Sturgis was desperate and would have done anything to implement Castro in the assassination, when that didn't work he implemented the KGB, as they both were communist and Sturgis was obsessed with wanting to assassinate Castro, after all he felt double crossed.

Edited by Scott Kaiser

--

--

--

In the magazinee article "Fidel on the Grassy Knoll," Jeff Cohen and Donald Freed wrote, "Brothers Jerry and James Buchanan, CIA propaganda assets, began promoting the Castro-did-it theme immediately. The source of the Buchanan's tales was the leader of the CIA supported International Anti-Communist Brigade (IAB). [20-Cohen, Freed]

"Back in Miami," Cohen and Freed wrote, "a high powered propaganda machine was cranking out stories that Oswald was a Cuban agent…" Frank Sturgis is quoted in the Pompano Beach Sun-Sentinel as saying that Oswald had talked with Cuban G-2 agents and fracassed with IAB members in Miami in 1962. The same "propaganda machine" was still pumping out the same lines in 1976 when Gaeton Fonzi interviewed Sturgis, who said that he had recently ran into a friend who worked for the "company" who reminded him of an incident he had completely forgotten about. Sturgis suddenly recalled, "... he had heard about a meeting in Havana about two months before the Kennedy assassination. At the meeting there were a number of high-ranking men, including Castro, his brother Raul, Ramiro Valdez, the chief of Cuban intelligence, Che Guevara and his secretary Tanya, another Cuban officer, an American known as 'El Mexicano,' and, …oh, yeah; Jack Ruby. And the meeting dealt with plotting the assassination of President Kennedy."

Sturgis was desperate and would have done anything to implement Castro in the assassination, when that didn't work he implemented the KGB, as they both were communist and Sturgis was obsessed with wanting to assassinate Castro, after all he felt double crossed.

But he didn't engineer what happened at Dealey Plaza any more than Oswald did. Sturgis just went along with the original cover story.

--

--

--

In the magazinee article "Fidel on the Grassy Knoll," Jeff Cohen and Donald Freed wrote, "Brothers Jerry and James Buchanan, CIA propaganda assets, began promoting the Castro-did-it theme immediately. The source of the Buchanan's tales was the leader of the CIA supported International Anti-Communist Brigade (IAB). [20-Cohen, Freed]

"Back in Miami," Cohen and Freed wrote, "a high powered propaganda machine was cranking out stories that Oswald was a Cuban agent…" Frank Sturgis is quoted in the Pompano Beach Sun-Sentinel as saying that Oswald had talked with Cuban G-2 agents and fracassed with IAB members in Miami in 1962. The same "propaganda machine" was still pumping out the same lines in 1976 when Gaeton Fonzi interviewed Sturgis, who said that he had recently ran into a friend who worked for the "company" who reminded him of an incident he had completely forgotten about. Sturgis suddenly recalled, "... he had heard about a meeting in Havana about two months before the Kennedy assassination. At the meeting there were a number of high-ranking men, including Castro, his brother Raul, Ramiro Valdez, the chief of Cuban intelligence, Che Guevara and his secretary Tanya, another Cuban officer, an American known as 'El Mexicano,' and, …oh, yeah; Jack Ruby. And the meeting dealt with plotting the assassination of President Kennedy."

But he didn't engineer what happened at Dealey Plaza any more than Oswald did. Sturgis just went along with the original cover story.

No, he (Sturgis) did not engineer anything, Sturgis would take orders not give them, like he once said, he (Sturgis) would kill his own grandmother if the orders come from somewhere high up. And that original cover story that your talking about, Sturgis may have stuck to it, but that's not the story my father got and that's what killed my father. There's a little more to the story then what you have read up until now, trust me, had I not put my foot forward, no one in this forum would have ever heard about my father, no one would have ever known who Ed Kaiser was. Sturgis, Hemming, Bosch and many others loved the lime light, loved the computer when Hemming was around and loved to share in their stories, my father wasn't like that, he didn't want the spot light shinning down on him, he remained off the radar collecting evidence until they, meaning Sturgis and company (CIA) figured out what it was my father was doing. So yeah, Sturgis just went along with the original cover story, but it gets a lot more deeper then that.