The Education Forum

Another Lose..

Bernice Moore

I am shocked. She wrote to me when I announced I was selling used books on Amazon. She said she was at a garage sale the week before and saw some Kennedy books that didn't go into his death. She said if she'd known then she would have picked up the books and sent them to me. I told her if they were Kennedy books I probably wouldn't sell them but keep them.

I'm so shocked she is dead. And put in a nursing home? She was about 70 years old, but I didn't know that. I'm so sorry and I extend my condolences.

Kathy C

:D

thank you David, Kathy, Dixie had been quite ill for some time with Emphysema, she lived in the desert in CAL.and i know the winds that seemed to blow the dust and all around almost always, did not help her breathing problems, nor the pollution, she had gone into a nursing home and died peacefully in her sleep two nights after, she was 71 in march. but you would never have guessed by her interest and love of life,and she cared for people, and that made her special, thank you for your lovely message, now you and we all ,as she would say keep carrying on...but guess what, now SHE KNOWS....WE DON'T YET, BUT SHE DOES. SHE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AND ALL ABOUT IT... :D

I wish I had had an opportunity to meet her in person, and I am glad she died in as relatively peaceful circumstances, as she did.

And I feel really bad, I think I have a lot of emphathy for all of the longtime posters, she was a real original.

Requiem in Aeternam Dixie

I am shocked. She wrote to me when I announced I was selling used books on Amazon. She said she was at a garage sale the week before and saw some Kennedy books that didn't go into his death. She said if she'd known then she would have picked up the books and sent them to me. I told her if they were Kennedy books I probably wouldn't sell them but keep them.

I'm so shocked she is dead. And put in a nursing home? She was about 70 years old, but I didn't know that. I'm so sorry and I extend my condolences.

Kathy C

thank you David, Kathy, Dixie had been quite ill for some time with Emphysema, she lived in the desert in CAL.and i know the winds that seemed to blow the dust and all around almost always, did not help her breathing problems, nor the pollution, she had gone into a nursing home and died peacefully in her sleep two nights after, she was 71 in march. but you would never have guessed by her interest and love of life,and she cared for people, and that made her special, thank you for your lovely message, now you and we all ,as she would say keep carrying on...but guess what, now SHE KNOWS....WE DON'T YET, BUT SHE DOES. SHE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AND ALL ABOUT IT... :D

RIP Dixie, she will be missed.

Dawn

Kathy C

Hi Bernice

As we have already spoken by email on the death of your friend Dixie Dea

I can ad what you mention re the so-cal desert conditions. The same is

outlined in chapter 3 page 14 in poem STRANGER WARNINGS, re the Mojave

desert blowing sands where we also lived for ten years.

Dixie shot me some emails on the Rich Forum and was very nice in her

questioning on a subject of concern. I always remember that.

Harry