The Education Forum

Another Lose..

Bernice Moore

We, Ter MAURO and I have been looking for our friend Dixie Dea as she has not been on the web or in email contact for a few weeks, I am sorry to let you know that we have lost another good friend of the JFK research world, Ter ,found and spoke to her son-in-law Mark last evening and was informed that Dixie died about 4 weeks ago, she had been in a Nursing Home, only two days, in Bakersfield Cal.where she lived she went to sleep and did not awaken....We are trying to find an Obituary..she had a daughter Terri and a son Clark, and many grandchildren and i believe 3 Great Grand children, she had been into the JFK research world for some years,and a former member of Rich's JFK Research and one of

Rich's Girls..we shall let you know any further information, if it becomes available ...b

We, Ter MAURO and I have been looking for our friend Dixie Dea as she has not been on the web or in email contact for a few weeks, I am sorry to let you know that we have lost another good friend of the JFK research world, Ter ,found and spoke to her son-in-law Mark last evening and was informed that Dixie died about 4 weeks ago, she had been in a Nursing Home, only two days, in Bakersfield Cal.where she lived she went to sleep and did not awaken....We are trying to find an Obituary..she had a daughter Terri and a son Clark, and many grandchildren and i believe 3 Great Grand children, she had been into the JFK research world for some years,and a former member of Rich's JFK Research and one of

Rich's Girls..we shall let you know any further information, if it becomes available ...b

Thanks Bernie. Apart from JFK related matters, she showed us all how to stay young at heart.

RIP Dixie.

I am sorry to let you know that we have lost another good friend of the JFK research world, Ter ,found and spoke to her son-in-law Mark last evening and was informed that Dixie died about 4 weeks ago,

I am sorry to hear that. Dixie was of great help to me.

Steve Thomas

Dixie had a great presence, it would come right through the screen.

I never had the pleasure of meeting her in person, that I'm truly sorry she passed, wish I had.

Thanks Bernice for letting us know. A sad day indeed.

Respectfully, Ed

Dixie had a great presence, it would come right through the screen.

I never had the pleasure of meeting her in person, that I'm truly sorry she passed, wish I had.

Thanks Bernice for letting us know. A sad day indeed.

Respectfully, Ed

Hi B

I'm sorry to hear of Dixie's passing, my condolences to her family.

Robin.

Dixie was a good person and good friend who I enjoyed being with in Dallas on more than one occasion.

From one of her last posts on Lancer:

Dixie Dea Wed Feb-15-06 07:47 AM

Member since May 30th 2002

40 posts

#43840, "RE: Bertha Cheek - Jack Ruby's 'Banker'???"

In response to In response to 19

"The information being discussed on this thread is extremely significant in my mind, I know Dixie Dea from John Simkin's Education Forum, she's a sweetheart."

unquote

Hi Robert...

Although this thread was posted a year ago, when re-reading it just now, the information is still significant to me too. Every once in awhile I still look through my notes and also look for new info. In fact, just the other day I was looking through Mary Ferrell's Data Base and her notes says that Bertha Cheek was to go into a Night Club business with Jack

Ruby, in December, 63. She even has the name, although it has slipped my mind at the moment....the Bistro or some such thing. But, this is not what Bertha told the Warren Commission. When both Bertha Cheek and Harry Olsen lied and hedged, in their testimonies, it just sorta makes me wonder why.

Yes, I am a member of John Simkins forum, as well as some others. However, my system won't let me post on Simkins forum now, I can only read there. However, that is probably not a bad thing, it keeps me out of trouble there..

A sweetheart? That is a surprisingly nice thing to hear on Valentines Day!

Best Regards

Dixie

A sweetheart for sure! Ed

I am shocked. She wrote to me when I announced I was selling used books on Amazon. She said she was at a garage sale the week before and saw some Kennedy books that didn't go into his death. She said if she'd known then she would have picked up the books and sent them to me. I told her if they were Kennedy books I probably wouldn't sell them but keep them.

I'm so shocked she is dead. And put in a nursing home? She was about 70 years old, but I didn't know that. I'm so sorry and I extend my condolences.

Kathy C

I am shocked. She wrote to me when I announced I was selling used books on Amazon. She said she was at a garage sale the week before and saw some Kennedy books that didn't go into his death. She said if she'd known then she would have picked up the books and sent them to me. I told her if they were Kennedy books I probably wouldn't sell them but keep them.

I'm so shocked she is dead. And put in a nursing home? She was about 70 years old, but I didn't know that. I'm so sorry and I extend my condolences.

Kathy C

:D

thank you David, Kathy, Dixie had been quite ill for some time with Emphysema, she lived in the desert in CAL.and i know the winds that seemed to blow the dust and all around almost always, did not help her breathing problems, nor the pollution, she had gone into a nursing home and died peacefully in her sleep two nights after, she was 71 in march. but you would never have guessed by her interest and love of life,and she cared for people, and that made her special, thank you for your lovely message, now you and we all ,as she would say keep carrying on...but guess what, now SHE KNOWS....WE DON'T YET, BUT SHE DOES. SHE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AND ALL ABOUT IT... :D

Hi Bernice,

Sorry to hear about Dixie's passing.

Dixie and I exchanged some hilarious emails over the years.

May she rest in peace.

Duncan MacRae

THANK YOU DUNCAN, AND YES I recall,and a zillion other hillarious ones, there used to be such fun, back then, but things change, nothing stays the same. we will certainly miss the likes of her..take care..b

Edited by Bernice Moore