The Education Forum

Images of the Camera gun

Does anyone have clear images of, I believe it was Lyndal Shaneyfelt, at the Oswald window replicating the assassination.

I seem to remember two images. One with him standing up and one with him kneeling.

I can find examples on the internet, but they are very poor copies.

Does anyone have clear copies.

Thank you.

James.

I just went through all of my files on my computer and cant find the pictures of Robert Frazier (I believe it was Frazier not Shaneyfelt)I know exactly what pictures your asking for

I know for a fact that those pictures are in more then one book in my home library

So if nobody else can find them for you quickly I will look through my books and scan them for you

Edited by Dean Hagerman

Ok I found both pictures, one is very good (from Pictures of the Pain)

The other is not that great (from The Killing of a President) but its good enough to show Frazier looking into the camera gun

I will scan both and post them for you

Ok here they are, I hate having to open up the books and take the covers off and spread them open to fit under mt scanner

I am obsessed with collecting books and keeping them in mint perfect condition, take my copy of "The Killing of a President" I bought it back in 1993 and have kept it in beautiful shape ever since then

However, no matter how obsessed I am with keeping my books mint, I will ALWAYS open them up and scan any text or pictures because I know that some members can not afford to drop $100s of dollars on the rare JFK books, I was lucky and had alot of them passed down to me, I also have spent a ton of money on rare JFK books because I want to own and read everything I can

46d268417e8cf714d8bcf10120e31d7b22df3a68.JPG

This image is from "Pictures of the Pain"

6d11621b8975d4c201b94a8e5436cf2a7a8ea49b.JPG

This image is from "The Killing of a President"

I tried to make the first picture as clear as possible, the second picture was printed that way, so no matter how I scan it it sucks

Edited by Dean Hagerman

Dean,

Thanks. I did not know of the one with him kneeling looking through the scope.

I am with you about the care and preservation of JFK books. I am the same.

That said, I do remember another image when he is fully standing. Hopefully someone will have it.

Again, many thanks for the images.

James.

Edited by James R Gordon

There is an image of someone with a measuring rod and someone sitting in the supposed location. I don't know if it's Shaneyfelt though. I wonder also if that kneeling photo is a crop.

I have the picture that John is talking about (two guys with a measuring rod) but it is not very clear

I will look for the one with Frazier standing, although I dont think I have ever seen that one

I will poke around

Edited by Dean Hagerman

There is an image of someone with a measuring rod and someone sitting in the supposed location. I don't know if it's Shaneyfelt though. I wonder also if that kneeling photo is a crop.

Its not a crop John, look at Fraziers left arm in both phots, it is in different positions, it looks like someone took the first photo and thn took another one when Frazier started to look through the scope/camera

I see what you mean Dean. I think you are right re one photo after another, from the same location and light in same place. But...Zoomed? When?

Mr. SHANEYFELT. Commission Exhibit No. 887 is a picture of me that was taken on May 24, 1964. My location was at the sixth floor window of the Texas School Book Depository that we have designated as our control point. I have the rifle that is the assassination rifle mounted on a tripod, and on the rifle is mounted an Arriflex 16-mm. motion picture camera, that is alined to take photographs through the telescopic sight.

This Arriflex motion picture camera is commonly known as a reflex camera in that as you view through the viewfinder a prism allows you to view directly through the lens system as you are taking your photographs so that as I took the photographs looking into the viewfinder I was also looking through the scope and seeing the actual image that was being recorded on the film.

Of my knowledge, there exist only one photograph which shows FBI Agent Robert Frazier at the sixth floor window with the rifle.

And, CE887-----Ain't it!

Tom

P.S. What you see is more of "Shaneyfelt's Shenanigan's"

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. SHANEYFELT. Commission Exhibit No. 887 is a picture of me that was taken on May 24, 1964. My location was at the sixth floor window of the Texas School Book Depository that we have designated as our control point. I have the rifle that is the assassination rifle mounted on a tripod, and on the rifle is mounted an Arriflex 16-mm. motion picture camera, that is alined to take photographs through the telescopic sight.

This Arriflex motion picture camera is commonly known as a reflex camera in that as you view through the viewfinder a prism allows you to view directly through the lens system as you are taking your photographs so that as I took the photographs looking into the viewfinder I was also looking through the scope and seeing the actual image that was being recorded on the film.

Of my knowledge, there exist only one photograph which shows FBI Agent Robert Frazier at the sixth floor window with the rifle.

And, CE887-----Ain't it!

Tom

P.S. What you see is more of "Shaneyfelt's Shenanigan's"

I take it that no one has caught on to the fact that Shaneyflet is not dressed according to the FBI (Hoover's) standard.

As with all things, there is a reason!

P.S. "No one could have accurately fired that rifle from the way they had it "jacked up" in the window"

Mr. Robert West to Tom Purvis, during one of my conversations and visits to his home in Dallas.

P.P.S. It also "ain't" where FBI Agent Frazier took up position with the rifle during the WC re-enactment and Frazier's tour of duty at the window.