The Education Forum

Q&A About the Assassination of President Kennedy

Michael,

I’m curious when did you stop practicing law?

Len,

I'm curious why you have not posted the required profile.

Michael,

I’m curious:

- when did you stop practicing law?

- why you have not posted the required profile?

Funny that you me about mine, even though 1) my link is exactly where it is supposed to be and 2) you have not yet posted yours.

"funny that me about mine". Is this poetry?

Poetry has syntax. It's a failed IQ test.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=18198

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael,

I’m curious:

Funny that you me about mine, even though 1) my link is exactly where it is supposed to be and 2) you have not yet posted yours.

http://educationforu...showtopic=18198

D'oh!

That should have read:

"Funny that you ASKED me about mine, even though 1) my link is exactly where it is supposed to be and 2) you have not yet posted yours."

Richly ironic coming from the guy who could not find my bio link even after I told him exactly were it was and it was exactly where it was supposed to be.

Continued dodge on the retirement question noted, isn't it illegal to practice law in California with an expired license?

Edited by Len Colby

• 4 months later...

Michael,

Len,

Michael,

I’m curious:

I posted my profile when I joined the Forum. Suggest you have your eyes examined. Why I chose to quit practicing law is none of your business

Michael,

Len,

????

There is a link to my (auto)bio at the bottom of all my posts, exactly where it is supposed to be, your link however is missing. So this is a case of the (cast iron) pot calling the stainless steel kettle black. So once again when did you stop practicing law? And if you could be so kind answer/address the rest.

There is no link at the bottom of your post, and you're not worth my time.

educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showuser=6382

Len "Mockingbird" Colby isn't worth ANYONE's time!

Colby,

I'm curious:

-why must you sidetrack these discussions in order to question the credentials of the other posters?

-why can you not simply allow the arguments to stand or fall on their own, rather than worrying about how many professions the other posters have had, and when they started/ended those occupations?

I stopped being a welder, except on a hobby basis, when the plant at which I was employed closed in 2005. [by providing you that information now, you shouldn't need to interrupt any of MY discussions to ask that question about MY employment/profession.] NOW... why not let it rest, and let the thread return to the discussion topic? Speaking for myself, I don't care about Michael's profession...OR yours.

The reason why I asked and I suspect the reason he was reluctant to answer is that despite claims to have “recently retired as an attorney” and to be “an attorney with 30 years' experience” his law license expired due to non-payment of fees in July 1995 and he has “Not [been] Eligible To Practice Law” since then.

http://members.calba...r/Detail/107208

Thanks, Mark. Len has an obvious problem. He never learned how to shut up!

Edited by Michael Schweitzer

Michael,

Len,

????

There is a link to my (auto)bio at the bottom of all my posts, exactly where it is supposed to be, your link however is missing. So this is a case of the (cast iron) pot calling the stainless steel kettle black. So once again when did you stop practicing law? And if you could be so kind answer/address the rest.

There is no link at the bottom of your post, and you're not worth my time.

educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showuser=6382

?????

The link has been there since shortly after I joined the forum, since have trouble finding it I uploaded the images below. Either you have extremely poor observation skills or you looked for my bio link while offline, signatures only appear when you are logged in, which would still give poor observation skills since you failed to notice this. And since you are such a stickler about the rule about bios, you should know you are supposed to post a working link into your signature, YOU are in breech, I’m not.

So why don’t you tell us when you stopped practicing law, why are so averse to answering that question?

bigbiolink.jpg

biolink.jpg

Len, just who do you think you are? All you've been doing is harassing me. I posted my profile when I joined the Forum. You've contributed nothing to the discussion. And why I stopped practicing law is none of your goddamned business. I suggest you return to kindergarten, learn how to tie your shoes, sit at the children's table for eight years and listen to adults speak who know what they're talking about. Then maybe, when you're old enough, you can raise your hand and ask a stupid question.

Edited by Kathy Beckett
abusive phrase.

Some loser who calls himself Len Colby keeps harassing me for not posting my profile. I posted when I joined. It's at http://educationforu...?showuser=6382.

And what about Colby's profile? This is all it says:

• Member Title

Age Unknown

• Birthday

Birthday Unknown

25]
    mystery.png
    Not Telling

25]Brazil

Now there's a qualified member. He refuses to disclose anything. Will someone get that mole out of here?
Edited by Kathy Beckett
abusive term

Michael,

If you look at the bottom of Len's posts, you'll see a link to his biography. There is a Biography section of this Forum where we all post our biographies, and then link to them.. They are not located on our profiles, unless someone wants to put them there.

Kathy

Not so. Colby never posts a link. The only info he gives is in his profile. Age: unknown. Birthdate: unknown. Gender: declines to state. And nothing else. The jerk has been posting major character attacks against me and I haven't even been on the forum for months. Do you know anything about this clown?

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showuser=6382

This is what I see while reading your post

That you just watched the movie JFK for the first time recently

Just about everything in your post comes across as being said word for word in the movie JFK

Not from your "extensive research"

You insulted me. No discussion of issues. No substance. Just insults. Thank you for letting me know you're mean-spirited.

removed abusive term

Go look at any of Len's posts. He has a link at the bottom of his post area which he has preferenced as Autobiography: There you will see a link to his post in the Biography area of the forum. You are the only one I know that has posted a link to the Profile Page, where you have chosen to put yours. As long as you have one, it's fine.

I'm deleting my account. There's are too many stuck-up here. Which is a pity, because there are some serious researchers, too. Bye, Kathy.

Edited by Kathy Beckett
abusive word.

Current Status: Inactive

This member is inactive, but is eligible to become active.

Status History

Effective Date Status Change Present Inactive 1/1/1996 Inactive 12/29/1995 Active 7/31/1995 Not Eligible To Practice Law

Get your facts straight, Tom. I was once suspended briefly because my annual dues payment was received late. I was promptly restored to active status and remained so until I retired and switched to inactive status. I can resume my practice at any time by simply contacting the State Bar and paying the difference between my inactive dues and active dues. I can understand a civilian's difficulty is interpreting State Bar records. But when you post two out-of-content excerpts as an implication of wrongdoing, you exceed misunderstanding and deliberately both personally insult me and attack my integrity. You should either delete your misleading post, or add key portions of my record you omitted: "Suspension lifted," which followed "not eligible" by a month, and "Disciplinary history: None." My ethical record with the State Bar is flawless, which is more than I can say about your post.

Michael,

Len,

Michael,

I’m curious:

My profile is part of my signature and automatically appears at the bottom of every post.

Michael,

Len,

Michael,

I’m curious:

My profile is part of my signature and automatically appears at the bottom of every post.

That is true now, but was not the case back in June. Yes and my sig. and the link to my bio have been "at the bottom of every post [of mine]" as well and have been there since well before you join this forum. Despite this you were unable to find them even after being told exactly where to look by Kathy and me and being provided with a photo with the location circled.

Current Status: Inactive

This member is inactive, but is eligible to become active.

Status History

Effective Date Status Change Present Inactive 1/1/1996 Inactive 12/29/1995 Active 7/31/1995 Not Eligible To Practice Law

Get your facts straight, Tom. I was once suspended briefly because my annual dues payment was received late. I was promptly restored to active status and remained so until I retired and switched to inactive status. I can resume my practice at any time by simply contacting the State Bar and paying the difference between my inactive dues and active dues. I can understand a civilian's difficulty is interpreting State Bar records. But when you post two out-of-content excerpts as an implication of wrongdoing, you exceed misunderstanding and deliberately both personally insult me and attack my integrity. You should either delete your misleading post, or add key portions of my record you omitted: "Suspension lifted," which followed "not eligible" by a month, and "Disciplinary history: None." My ethical record with the State Bar is flawless, which is more than I can say about your post.

I have no idea if your suspension was lifted or not, it does NOT say that in the online record, in fact it indicates the opposite

Status History

Effective Date

Status Change

Present

Inactive

1/1/1996

Inactive

12/29/1995

Active

7/31/1995

Not Eligible To Practice Law

12/3/1982

Admitted to The State Bar of California

Explanation of member status

Actions Affecting Eligibility to Practice Law

Effective Date

Description

Case Number

Resulting Status

Disciplinary and Related Actions

Overview of the attorney discipline system.

This member has no public record of discipline.

Administrative Actions

7/31/1995

Suspended, failed to pay Bar membr. fees

Not Eligible To Practice Law

Here’s the link : http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Member/Detail/107208

So if the record is correct you were “suspended” and declared “Not Eligible To Practice Law” on 7/31/1995 but were still considered “active” and were declared “inactive” and still “Not Eligible To Practice Law” six months later on 1/1/1996 (or perhaps 12/30 -31/1995) and have never been reinstated.

As I stated on the deleted thread “IF you are telling us the truth and your license only became inactive recently when you retired then your beef is with the state bar which indicates on its website that your license became inactive due to nonpayment of fees during the Clinton administration.” Both Tom and I fairly represented the record as it appears online.

To be quite frank I doubt the webpage is inaccurate but you can easily settle this. I am sure that if, as you claim, you were reinstated in 1995 or ’96 the State Bar will be more than glad to correct the record. So all you have to is contact them. I think 30 days starting from next Monday is more than enough time for such a correction to be made so let’s see what the page says on Dec. 5. If it indicates you were reinstated as you claim I will apologize.