The Education Forum

The Woman next to "Doorway Man"

Ok. Richard, It'll be interesting to see if there are significant results.

I have stated this on numerous occasions and never had it confirmed. Perhaps it's been done elsewhere and I've not heard of it.

This impacts on other matters as well. I found the location of the z pedestal problematic as well as muchmore and nix posns and therefore the location of the limo in muchmore at the time of the headshots. One hypothesis that that led to was that muchmore is probably the most compromised film (and I suppose the disappearance of beverlys is explainable) as these three allow for triangulations which are inportant in locating opjects in these three films and then build a true representation of events chronologically in 3d. Anyway I look forward to see whatever the results may be.

I have finished comparing the two plats. First off, I want to say that the Roberdeau plat is extremely close to the Drommer plat. It is an excellent resource and we are all indebted to Don for making it available to the research community. I would also point out I am not a professional surveyor. I created my graphic (in a post above) as a visual aid for a current discussion and I believe it is accurate enough to be useful for that limited purpose.

With respect to the concerns voiced above by John, I did notice a difference in the two plats that could affect my measurement. So, I transferred the Altgen's position from the Roberdeau plat to the corresponding point on the Drommer plat, and re-calculated the LOS angle from Altgens to the eastern edge of the West Column at the entrance to the TSBD. With the Roberdeau plat I had previously come up with an angle of approx 53° (using the front of the TSBD as an axis). The same LOS on the Drommer plat yielded an angle of approx 50.3°.

The new LOS had a small effect: I had to nudge the Lovelady figure about 1-2" towards the center rail. I probably could have left the old graphic up, but in the interest of accuracy, I edited my previous post by replacing the older graphic with the newer one.

John, thanks for your input. As before, I welcome any feedback.

That's good Richard. Thank you for taking the time.

I agree that Don's plat is definitely an invaluable resource. I've used it many times for data.

However I think it is important to recognise that there are problems with it. In this instance a small degree. My understanding is that it is based on a composite of three photocopies taped together by Jack. It can be hard to get such things completely accurate. The point I wanted to make re taking the inaccuracies into account has, imo, been made and I think it should be noted for future reference.

Then there are the other matters I alluded to but that's probably for another time and place. I actually noted the discrepancy when looking in to Muchmore as an offshoot topic to the missing nix frames topic and I think there are incomplete matters to explore there.

• 5 years later...
On 3/3/2012 at 4:06 PM, Josiah Thompson said:

Yeah, could be, Pat. Clever idea.

It just struck me that through all the argument over Lovelady being the man in the doorway, nobody thought of this: Let's assume that it was really Oswald in the doorway and the silly speculation is true.. unknown conspiritors switched Lovelady's face for Oswald's face in the Altgems.. what do you think all the other people there would have said? Had it really been Oswald standing there, then wouldn't one of the crowd of people who later mentioned seeing Lovelady, wouldn't some or all of thees people been beating there way to a reporter with the obvious story: "Oswald couldn't have shot the President! He was standing right next to me on the steps!" And wouldn't this have happened within hours of Oswald's arrest.

What do you think, Pat?

JT

Are you really suggesting that "someone would have talked?" That is a novel idea.

Edited by Andrew Prutsok
Misspelling