The Education Forum

What's the EF all about? Doesn't anyone care about truth?

Guest James H. Fetzer

I've locked this thread. It became a disaster, a billboard on display to answer the question, why would anyone want to risk posting anything on the JFK Debate forum? Warning, background check and results of said check will be displayed!

Since I can't respond to these charges where they were made (and since everyone has a right to respond to charges made against them), I have no alternative but to answer here...

Anyone who says "you don't know who you're dealing with" has invited a background check to answer "who we're dealing with". That should be simple enough to understand - especially when the thread title insinuates no one but the thread starter and his friend gives a damn about the truth, and the friend continually attempts to link "the truth" to his philosophical.political beliefs.

Sorry, no member has the right to destroy this forum on a personal whim

This forum is self-destructing because of the nonsense that passes for debate here now, and the (to put it in its best possible light) uneven moderation - mainly imposed on those trying to clear the decks of those that make laughing stocks of us all.

or as an acting out of an emotional reaction to what is displayed in the posts of other members.......

An emotional reaction? I don't think so. I did it with stoicism knowing what I would be hit with in return. But some jobs just need to be done and someone has to step up to do them. Only certain things get me emotional. Identifying and putting out the trash before everyone is tainted by the stench isn't one of them.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tom Scully

Greg, I posted this in the moderator announcements thread at the top of the JFK Debate forum list.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=14562&st=105#entry252140

Posted Today, 10:34 AM

I've locked two threads in the last two days. I'm not posting links to them here because one of the dividends of closing a thread is that it will slip below the surface since "bumping" it with new posting activity is no longer possible.

I've "rescued" the relevant or originally intended topic/discussion of those threads, The active thread is here:

http://educationforu...showtopic=19083

John Simkin must have intended to permit Ralph Cinque to participate as a member of this forum because he extended membership to Ralph the other day, knowing full well the subject matter Ralph would present at the outset.

As obvious as this seems to some of us, others are taking it upon themselves to step in the way of this. I am simply attempting to preserve civil, on topic discussion in spite of the counter efforts. They are efforts counter to the rules of the forum.

I am a moderator. I hope other members of the moderating team will join Kathy and I in actively interfering with the counter efforts

of some members. Kathy and I, alone, have no authority to place a member on moderation. Some members need to be voted

onto moderation status. It is unfair to the rest of us to let this go on, blunted only by the weak tools available to individual moderators.

Your response to the actions I've taken smacks of something I would expect from a vigilante. We have a moderating team here, we have a set of forum rules. What you are trying to do here, when it is counter to the rules of the forum, and counter to an extremely recent decision of John Simkin, obvious in its intent and implications, will not be tolerated here.