The Education Forum

I thought I'd share this with you:

J.F. letter to P.J. May 28, 1999

Like I said in my other letter, I’ve read very little on the Kennedy assassination, as everyone was doing a lot of guessing. Besides, what I didn’t say about the Kennedy assassination would fill a book. But you must understand, I was doing my best to protect a lot of people and also, not give them enough to hang me. As long as I was just talking, I knew I would never go to trial, as they would not want to make the Warren Commission look dumb. But, should I give them everything I’ve got put away, then I would force them to put me on trial and that my dear, is not in my best interest. I want to get out, not stay in the joint forever. Bob Vernon did everything in the world to get me indicted. He even sent confidential information to a federal judge in Texas. I think his name was Carver. I’ve got it with all my legal material. Anyway, Bob was sending him all these letters and he was sending it on to Washington D.C., and there a friend of mine ran across them and he made copies and sent them to Chicago. Then they were hand delivered to me late one night. They had been shrunk down in size, that I had to take them to work and put them under this big magnifying glass in order to read them. Let me tell you, I was shocked and very ticked off at Bob Vernon over how he had betrayed me. Kennedy was one thing, as I never worried about that. But there were other things I didn’t want the Department of Justice to know about. It just got me really ticked off at how hard he tried to get me indicted. Oh well, my fault for trusting him. I don’t know if I told you this before or not, but Joe West died not knowing that I was one of the shooters. He never knew that I was the one behind the fence. When Joe died, I was relieved; I thought it was all over with. But then I let Bob Vernon talk me into helping out Mrs. West so she would have the money to pay off the hospital bills that Joe left her with. She was broke and hurting, so I agreed.

I’ll try to send you something Bob wrote me and the background, all researched by the Dept. of Defense. It goes all the way back to the Bay of Pigs.

The Kroll Agency tried everything they could to discredit me. One story they put out was that I couldn’t have been in Dallas that day, as my wife was giving birth to our daughter that day. When I was asked about it, I said yes, I was at the hospital that day. But that means Kennedy was not assassinated until September 26, 1966. I said that is the day my daughter was born go check the hospital records. That ended that.

A lot of people said I was too young to kill anyone at that time. I told them that I don’t remember seeing old men out on the battlefield during combat. In Nam all I saw were a lot of young kids dying, ages between 17 and 21 years of age.

Also, I cannot for the life of me, see a man fire a weapon, a rifle, like the man Ed Hoffman said he saw, throw it to someone else, while he runs off. If they catch this other guy with the rifle, what’s keeping him from telling on the one who pulled the trigger? I would never give a weapon to anyone that I had just used, to trust them to get rid of it. That is plain stupid.

Then we had another “expert” on organized crime killings say that when a mob-hit went down, there were usually 12 to 15 guys involved. That is really stupid. Most of the time it’s a two man hit team. After Charles Nicoletti’s death, I preferred to work alone. That way there is no chance that someone can later on turn against you. That’s like the ol’ man from here in Chicago, Lenny Patrick, who told stories about me whacking people. He never saw anything and I never told him anything. He was only repeating stories that had been told around town. All hearsay!!! Anyway, the Feds are talking about indicting me for something that happened in Pennsylvania back in the 70’s, but they don’t have a case. They have a federal retainer on me right now, which means, once I’m released from the state, they’ll come and pick me up. Besides, if I was a nobody, why did the Feds chase me for so long and spend so much money trying to put me away? Then when they did get me, for a minor crime, why was I hammered so hard, for so much time? My federal number is 892787-024 and my federal case # is 66945E and I was released from Oxford FCI in 1988.

# 703 13 FEB 2004 p. 2-3

"As for Wim, I gave him what he ask for, the interview. That is all that I agreed to. Out of all the questions that he ask, the only one that pertains to JFK is where did I call Chuck at? I will answer that one, as I have answered it many times before and even in the first interview, if it was not cut out that is. (Jimmy has never seen the Confession of an Assassin video. He has only seen transcripts with notes from Bob) I called him in Chicago. Even if I did answer all of these questions, he would just call back and ask you to ask me more and give you another list. The only thing that I have ever agreed to talk about was the JFK thing. Why don't I answer all questions ask of me and give out my life story? That is easy, one thing leads to another and the next thing that you know, I'm indicted for several contract murders in Chicago and other places as well. Gee, some of these people even want to know where everyone is buried.

Anyway, I want to come home to you, not get more time. The Feds cannot put me on trial for Kennedy, but they would love to bury me on some of these others. From day one, before I ever talked to anyone about Kennedy, even with Joe West, right here from prison we (former Warden Tony Godinez and James Files) called Texas and they assured me that they would never indict me for that crime. So I never had to worry about that one. --------------- If people don't believe me, too bad! Tell Wim to put it on video and let the people make up their own mind. If he doesn't want to do that, then throw it in the trash can.... just do a video and let it get on the market...

------------------

I still believe in Honor and all of that when it come to the heavy part of the family, "Omerta" as well. Besides, there is no way we can ever convince everyone to believe us. Remember that Old Fable of the Man and Boy with the Donkey and how they tried to please everyone? Can't be done. Besides, why does Wim want to keep messing with the people on the forum? All of them have their own opinions and he is never going to change their mind. Anyway, I sure am getting tired of all this. I just this past week received another half-dozen letters from people I don't know asking me questions and I just filed all of them under T for TRASH!!! I've got to the point that when I get a letter from someone that I don't know, I just rip it in half and put it in the trash. I don't even want to know what they have to say.

Edited by Wim Dankbaar

By the way: Files thinks he was the only shooter with Nicoletti. Of course he is mistaken.

I asked him this, do you really think you and him were the only shooters? He confirmed and I pointed out that this is impossible because of the evidence for more than two shooters. He replied: You asked for my opinin, I gave you my opinion.

Wim

repeating stories that had been told around town. All hearsay!!! Anyway, the Feds are talking about indicting me for something that happened in Pennsylvania back in the 70’s, but they don’t have a case. They have a federal retainer on me right now, which means, once I’m released from the state, they’ll come and pick me up. Besides, if I was a nobody, why did the Feds chase me for so long and spend so much money trying to put me away? Then when they did get me, for a minor crime, why was I hammered so hard, for so much time? My federal number is 892787-024 and my federal case # is 66945E and I was released from Oxford FCI in 1988.

The way that reads he got into trouble in Pa. and then he names Oxford. Well, there isn't any federal prison in Oxford so you maybe right.

Please be sure. Wim, it is rather important.

Thanks,

Nancy