The Education Forum

The Yellow Mist.

There is a fine yellow mist above the presidents head in Zapruder frame 313.

I think this mist is some type of impact spatter caused by the bullet striking the presidents head.

The mist appears to have a conical shape.

mistj.gif

Here it is in black and white

33681500.gif

Here it is again in color

z313j.jpg

In this itek high contrast photo you can see its well defined conical shape

itex313.jpg

The impact spatter(yellow mist) should be symmetrical about the point of impact.

I have marked the point of impact defined by this interpretation with a dashed black line and arrow.

poi.gif

The above interpretation of the evidence is not consistent with a shot from the TSBD. It is consistent with a shot from either the roof of the Criminal Records Building or the Criminal Courts Building.

Edited by Mike Rago

Interesting study.

Take into account the time during exposure and the somewhat predictable forces that may have been involved in so rapidly breeching a closed system (the skull) and the resultant momentum dispersal.

edit add actually that brings up another matter. See the body part spinning off slightly front of top? What direction and speed do you think that is traveling? There are three 'larger' fragments in total but that one is most visible

Edited by John Dolva

It's a worthwhile investigation, given that we've looked over this disjecta pattern, and it's upward-blasted skull fragment, for several decades without analyzing it in this way.

The question that lingers is whether the Zapruder and Nix films as we know them present the full disjecta pattern occurring at that moment in time. Remember that expert photoanalysts have pegged the spray in Zapruder as concluding within too few frames. Still, Mike, you held my intense attention throughout this topic.

Edited by David Andrews