The Education Forum

Alteration and no end

Hope that thought is not old news:

Pro Zappi-alteration-thought:

Witnesses:

There was a near halt of the limo and a delayed reaction (and halt) of the four motorcycles behind the limo. They motorcycles came very close to the rear pumper of the limo.

Zappi film...

Now: if you make the limo running by in constant speed (by alteration of the movie), such delayed halt (of the motorcycles)appears as sudden acceleration of the motorcycles...as if they were gaining speed and getting close to the rear-pumper. It is exact that fancy and unnatural perfomance, what one can observe in the altered Zappi film...

KK

Edited by Karl Kinaski

ACCESSORIES AFTER THE FACT Lane's allegation about Chaney is corroborated in the testimony of another motorcycle officer, M. L. Baker. Baker testified on March 24, 1964 that his fellow officer, James Chaney, had told him: He was on the right rear of the car or to the side, and then at the time the chief of police, he didn't know anything about this, and he moved up and told him, and then that was during the time that the Secret Service men were trying to get in the car, and at the time, after the shooting, from the time the first shot rang out, the car stopped completely, pulled to the left and stopped. . . . Mr. Truly was standing out there, he said it stopped. Several officers said it stopped completely. (3H 266) When he testified on March 24, 1964, Roy Truly corroborated Baker's statement. Truly: I saw the President's car swerve to the left and stop somewhere down in this area.... Belin: When you saw the President's car seem to stop, how long did it appear to stop? Truly: It would be hard to say over a second or two or something like that. I didn't see--I just saw it stop. I don't know. I didn't see it start up. . . . The crowd in front of me kind of congealed . . . and I lost sight of it. (3H 221) Various other witnesses said that the car had come to a complete stop or almost a standstill when the noise of the shot was heard--Senator Ralph Yar- borough (7H 440), for example, and Mrs. Earle Cabell (7H 487), among others. Policeman Earle V. Brown, who was stationed on the triple overpass farther down Elm Street, testified on April 7, 1964 that: Brown: Actually, the first I noticed the car was when it stopped. . . . After it made the turn and when the shots were fired, it stopped. Ball: Did it come to a complete stop? Brown: That, I couldn't swear to. Ball: It appeared to be slowed down some? Brown: Yes; slowed down. (6H 233) In sum, at least seven eyewitnesses to the assassination indicated that the President's car had come to a complete stop, or what was tantamount to a stop. Two of those witnesses (James Chaney and Mary Woodward) were not asked to testify before the Commission on this or on other observations of some im- portance reported to the Commission as hearsay (see, for example, 2H 43-45 and CE 2084). Apparently the witnesses were mistaken in remembering that the car had stopped; motion pictures, according to the Commission, contra- dicted them. Yet it seems clear from the way in which counsel led witnesses that the Commission had considerable resistance to inferences which might be drawn from evidence that the car had stopped at the first shot. "Stopped" was trans- formed into "seemed to stop" and then into "slowed down." Such leading of witnesses, which would have been challenged in a courtroom, was facilitated by the Commission's closed hearings, to which there was only one exception, by request of the witness concerned. (2H 33) The films of the assassination have not been released for public showings,

http://karws.gso.uri.edu/Marsh/Limousine/limostop.txt